Disney Springs Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Getting reports from all across the interwebz that Hyperion Wharf has been outright canceled, no further demolition will be done, and the clubs will be leased out to third party vendors. No word on the Adventurers Club as of now.

Of course it has. :mean:

pooh-stuck-in-rabbits-hole.jpg

Oh, bother.

Really, it sounds like WDW management was mishandling this great idea right from the beginning. Maybe it's better that the future will be out of their hands.

Really, it sounds like WDW management was mishandling this great idea right from the beginning. Maybe it's better that the future will be out of their hands.

It was never a great idea, nor was it ever really in WDW management's hands. The plan was to always have generic third parties move in instead of making this a Disney owned property.

Nor was it ever a good plan. Disney saw the dollar signs they thought they could get with a rent check floating around in their heads and quickly closed the clubs(which were profitable, save for Comedy Wharehouse and one of the dance ones). Even though the country was in the midst of one of the worst financial crisis in a long time. Three years later, here we are with vacant buildings which used to be filled with paying customers and a new lawn, with no tenants in sight.

It was never a great idea, nor was it ever really in WDW management's hands. The plan was to always have generic third parties move in instead of making this a Disney owned property.

Nor was it ever a good plan. Disney saw the dollar signs they thought they could get with a rent check floating around in their heads and quickly closed the clubs(which were profitable, save for Comedy Wharehouse and one of the dance ones). Even though the country was in the midst of one of the worst financial crisis in a long time. Three years later, here we are with vacant buildings which used to be filled with paying customers and a new lawn, with no tenants in sight.

I'm sorry, but there are already wayyy to many restaurants in Downtown Disney and the rest of Disney property, some of them are sometimes completely empty, as I went to Shutters on New Years Eve and were practically the only one there.

The clubs added a lot to the area and gave the adults SOMETHING to do, now all they have is Cirque, annnnnd what else?

Man... That's kind of disappointing, what are they going to do with all the demolished buildings and structures around PI? It's kind of a black eye on the the whole DTD area. They really need to do something with this.

I'm sorry, but there are already wayyy to many restaurants in Downtown Disney and the rest of Disney property, some of them are sometimes completely empty, as I went to Shutters on New Years Eve and were practically the only one there.

The clubs added a lot to the area and gave the adults SOMETHING to do, now all they have is Cirque, annnnnd what else?

They should remodel Disney Quest into Flynn's Arcade and add an Imax. I do like Cirque, House of Blues, and D-Street though. PI was so nice. Now all we have is Atlantic Dance Hall which just isn't the same.

They should remodel Disney Quest into Flynn's Arcade and add an Imax. I do like Cirque, House of Blues, and D-Street though. PI was so nice. Now all we have is Atlantic Dance Hall which just isn't the same.

I really like the Flynn's Arcade Idea. PI really is an eye sore. Soon it's gonna be just like River Country.

I wish they would bring some of there broadway shows, like lion king down. I also think they still need some clubs from pleasure island. Like adventure club and mannequins

Probably tweeking, as always. Maybe more word about it will come at D23 in August.