Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

No I meant how the concept art slowly disappeared and they changed their plans for it multiple times before just abandoning it as Hyperion Wharf was not their first idea for Pleasure Island IIRC.

Maybe they had a change of heart. With all that space, something should be done. They love making money. And you make money with anything besides lots of grass. Maybe something will happen. Just maybe...

There are some very ambitious plans making their rounds on the web that include over doubling the size of DtD that include adding parking garages and even a WOC lagoon show. But they seem ludicrous to me considering the can't fill the structures they already have. And let's not forget the infrastructured but vacant Flamingo Crossings.

There are some very ambitious plans making their rounds on the web that include over doubling the size of DtD that include adding parking garages and even a WOC lagoon show. But they seem ludicrous to me considering the can't fill the structures they already have. And let's not forget the infrastructured but vacant Flamingo Crossings.

That's ridiculous, but also amazing. I would die if that happened. And I like the idea of parking garages. I just hate that all the Pleasure Island signs are around and almost nothing is left. So whatever happens needs to remove those signs and replace the vacant clubs.

WoC at DTD is the most ludicrous, insane, least-thought out plan I've ever heard. Terrible idea, and they should be ashamed they even thought of it.

While I can see that side of it... I think it would be a great idea if they are doubling the size. Yes there are tons of empty buildings there why make more... maybe the old if you build it they will come? What better way to say hey come put your store here cause people will just show up for the free fireworks show every night...

and to keep your minds thinking.. so if any of this is true and you are Disney do you start to charge for parking to cover cost?, or keep it free?

While I can see that side of it... I think it would be a great idea if they are doubling the size. Yes there are tons of empty buildings there why make more... maybe the old if you build it they will come? What better way to say hey come put your store here cause people will just show up for the free fireworks show every night...

Getting people to DTD isn't the problem. Getting guests to spend there is. Almost no one is spending money there. A free show isn't going to change that.

Honestly, there are so many things wrong with DTD right now that I don't even know where to start. It's become a tacky outdoor mall rather than a true Disney experience. A majority of the place is going to die if improvements are not made right now.

Here let's start a list...

Things wrong with DTD
1. Virgin Megastore
2. Pleasure Island
3. DisneyQuest
4. Cirque du Soleil
5. Valet Parking (extinct)
6. Flow from Market Place into PI
7. PI Bus Terminal
8. WestSide vacant Bus Terminal

anyone have some more?