Disney Springs Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I think the night clubs were a necessary evil. Yes you get drunk people walking around, but alcohol is usually marked up 110%, so it has a huge profit margin.

You get the same thing at WS as well, yet I never see people saying it doesn't belong....Not targeting this post at you of course, Vyrus. Just in general.

PI came about during the Eisner copycat phase. They built MGM because Universal was coming to town. They built DAK because people were leaving WDW property to go to Busch Gardens. And they built PI because people were leaving Disney property to go to Church Street Station. Eisner HATED when his customers spent money off prop. I hear their 5th gate was gonna be a marine life park built entirely of Duplo blocks.

Pleasure Island was Disney's answer for adults in the 90's. They had complaints from parents that the children had a lot to do, but not the adults. It was very successful, until they decided to expand on the "market" aspect of it. Then CityWalk came, and they just ignored PI altogether. It was a smart move, and prime location, but Disney ultimately favored catering to families in general.

You get the same thing at WS as well, yet I never see people saying it doesn't belong....Not targeting this post at you of course, Vyrus. Just in general.

Exactly my point, it was something that was GOOD for them not bad. I personally loved the clubs and some of them were the best around.

But when they added the other section, and made the area more SHOPPING-centric instead of what it was meant to be, that took a lot away and people started going back off property. And yes, Disney does cater TOO much to families, even though that is their bread and butter. But I think they also need to include a market that would bring them in a lot of money as well.

People were leaving PI for CW? Then build a newer more innovative club and bring in some big name DJ's to attract a crowd, simple.

--- Update ---

Not bad, just old. It needs replacement with a new Cirque show. The new Cirque shows are pretty cool compared to the ageing La Nouba.

You also gotta remember though Dave, yes we live here, so we're dying for a new show, but when you have an area like DTD that has a crowd turn over of 50 - 100k people a week, they haven't seen the show before so they will see it. Its not like Vegas where a new show can pop up every year and not affect the local landscape. WE want a new show because we live here and can't see anything else.

Well, La Nouba is 13 years old. That is a good run for any live show. And while WDW does have less locals than DLR, I believe that there are enough repeat visitors that at this point they need to consider a new show. A lot more people would be interested in going to a Cirque show, but are not willing to pony up the big bucks to see La Nouba again.

--- Update ---

Guys La Nouba was just updated back in January! with new acts some new costumes music and staging! cirque NEVER lets there shows get old.

But it is still La Nouba. I am not going to pony up $70 for a new juggler and a few new costumes.

Last edited:
^Then I would recomend Dralion when it comes to Orlando.
In terms of DtD, I don't see DisneyQuest as a bad thing. The fact that it hasn't had its main games updated since opening other than Pirates is a bad thing. It is a really fun place. The area really needs a parking garage because there is never any spots to park at all. Disney can not charge for parking because having a toll both would cause a crazy backup into the street. Second, a big draw is that the parking is free so many people just head over to DtD because they can. This brings in kids who will be surrounded by toys and of course parents will be forced to buy something. Marketplace is in really good condition in my opinion overall. I think that the stores of the other parts need to all be closed down and reworked. The only stores I know of on the other half are D-Street Harley Davidson, and Ridez. Ridez really needs a smaller shop like D-Street has and Virgin needs to be made into something worth the size.

Why is Cirque a bad thing?

La Nouba is wonderful, I love it, I have seen it over 10 times. I have also seen all the Cirque shows in Vegas, and numerous traveling shows. While I love the updates to La Nouba, the problem is that it is constantly having a hard time SELLING all of it's seats. There have been various promotions, give-aways, free upgrades etc to incentive people to fill the seats.

It is still profitable that is not really the issue, but there is fatigue. While I tend to agree that there is a few more years of life left in La Nouba, I would love a new show, with a new stage and set up.

Yep, Hyperion Wharf is dead as Jacob Marley.

Also expect the full blown announcement at D23 Expo. And it will include a mini fountain show utilizing the WOC tech.

Oh, and I love the Splitsville concept. I have been to several Lucky Strikes, which are similar, and they are a lot of fun.

I would expect Splitsville to be in the same ballpark as Lucky Strike pricewise. They are a competeing chain.

Maybe BriMan can do a recon mission to the Splitsville in Miami.

I just noticed there is one at Sunset Place in South Miami, I think I'll bite the bullet, and a couple of drinks and go and check it out, whos with me? :lol: