Disney+ | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like the actual channel or their respective mobile apps? If it's the actual channels, that is an insane powerplay to push people to cord cut and jump to streaming.
The actual channels.

Disney+ has also preemptively removed their 7-day free trial so that if people want to watch Hamilton, they have to pay.

Reactions: Coasted
Possible we see more of this as Disney+ continues it's rollout?

They've already closed Disney XD + 1. It was only a matter of time before the rest followed. I'm sure Sky Movies Disney will also follow when that carriage agreement ends.

From a Sky POV, that leaves the boutique of kids channels from Turner, Viacom, Sony + Baby TV in the "Kids" pack. Certainly losing a big hitter that makes me question the value of the additional monthly cost for this pack.

Reactions: Coasted
This could be the end of an era if they end up shutting down all Disney Channel's in general. It would be a little weird not having cheesy teen sitcoms or cartoons like Darkwing Duck, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls not airing on cable anymore, or DCOM's being officially retired. It wasn't all great and most of it is on Disney+ now, but it is pretty nostalgic for me either way. Guess we'll just have to see.

Now, uh, can we please get Wander Over Yonder on Disney+? Maybe? Pretty please??

I miss the days when Disney Channel wasn't afraid to show more mature movies like Beetlejuice, National Lampoon's European Vacation, and Ghostbusters.

July gonna be for sure the biggest month for Disney+ When it comes to original content since launch when you consider this and Hamilton (along with the new Muppet series).

Reactions: Clive
Just looking through Disney+ and it’s interesting to me that Artemis Fowl and Hamilton aren’t classified as Disney+ Originals. I know they were originally supposed to be theatrical releases, but they are exclusive to the service so to me, that makes it an Original by default.

My only thought is that there’s internal politics and Walt Disney Studios doesn’t want to let Disney+ claim a movie they made for theaters as an original?

Just looking through Disney+ and it’s interesting to me that Artemis Fowl and Hamilton aren’t classified as Disney+ Originals. I know they were originally supposed to be theatrical releases, but they are exclusive to the service so to me, that makes it an Original by default.

My only thought is that there’s internal politics and Walt Disney Studios doesn’t want to let Disney+ claim a movie they made for theaters as an original?

Disney+ is an actual unit within the company right now, so I think they're only using the banner on projects they led, not acquisitions/theatrical dumps.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick

That's weird. I guess it's better than Netflix claiming everything is a Netflix original even if it appeared on network television before getting to their service.

Maybe they just don't want to be associated with mediocre movies? :shrug:

That's weird. I guess it's better than Netflix claiming everything is a Netflix original even if it appeared on network television before getting to their service.

Maybe they just don't want to be associated with mediocre movies? :shrug:
It has to be internal politics. Trust me, they would love nothing more than to be able to list Hamilton under their Originals. Unlike Artemis Fowl that has a 9% RT Score, Hamilton has 100%.

Although it’s sort of a mute point in the end bc everyone knows that these movies premiered on the service.

So is Disney making Nintendo Directs now? I'm interested to see how this goes.
If you are talking about what posted a few posts back, they’re only doing that because Comic-Con got cancelled this year, but they’re participating in the Comic Con @ Home event.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
If you are talking about what posted a few posts back, they’re only doing that because Comic-Con got cancelled this year, but they’re participating in the Comic Con @ Home event.
Makes sense. I knew they wouldn't fully adopt the format, they probably wouldn't even be attempting it without our signature "unexpected circumstances". Still interested to see how well it goes!

Makes sense. I knew they wouldn't fully adopt the format, they probably wouldn't even be attempting it without our signature "unexpected circumstances". Still interested to see how well it goes!
I’d imagine they’ll give a release date for The Right Stuff and the other things mentioned.

This would also be a good time to announce when The Mandalorian Season 2 is releasing and an update on the Marvel shows.