Disney+ | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Considering it will cost almost nothing to make- why not?

It doesn't have to be a wildly successful smash hit to generate dollars when they own the network and content. And it's not like Muppets are high-budget episodes either.

Reactions: RevFreako
Wait and see after their last train wreck.

A Muppets train wreck is more interesting than most train wrecks at least.

All I hope is that they are doing this due to the Hollywood Bowl show, and makes it a taped in front of live audience show.

Good thought. That would fix a lot of the problems from the last show.

Welp.. they just bought my monthly subscription.

Yep. I'm hooked.

Ah yes, more Disney Muppets. Exactly what I want.:ack:

They should make Great Moments in history into a series.

Reactions: UNIrd and LieutLaww
I think that a streaming service is the ideal place for a Muppets show these days. They do good stuff on YouTube and the episodes don't have to be standard 22-minute length for a 30 minute show or 45-ish for an hour. They can just put out the stuff that works rather than putting in crap to fill time.

They're also playing to more of a Muppet fanbase on this service, so they don't necessarily need to try to cater to the mainstream as much as they tried to on ABC.

Reactions: UNIrd and jtsalien
Here I thought that Disney would be mostly relying on their back catalog for this streaming service.

We’re up to at least six brand new shows for this service and we’re easily a year out.

Reactions: jtsalien
The good thing is stuff like Luke Cage etc will stay on Netflix etc as its more adult orientated, Disney's service is directly aimed at the family market, as it should be tbh.

Reactions: jtsalien
Yes, Disney said their more adult orientated content would be staying where it was to separate it from the content coming to the new service, of course things could change.

I thought they said more of that, adult content would go more to Hulu than to stay where it is, but I may be confusing the Marvel shows for Fox's adult content.

FOX to Hulu I believe, but as I said plans could change, but it may also be country dependant as well as the UK doesn't get Hulu but if Disney got Sky well they have a premade platform for Europe right there.

I don't know but I think the EU market won't be very profitable for Disney. Almost all countries have quality tv programming that is payed for by the public and a slew of commercial channels to choose from. Even Netflix isn't that big. I think that is because commercials are non existing or presented in clusters not impacting the viewing pleasure.
In this report YouTube is the biggest streaming service.
YouTube Top Streaming Service in Europe; Netflix, Facebook Make Gains in Video Viewing | Hollywood Reporter

Reactions: Coasted