Disney+ | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney needs to allow others to buy these shows

I’m sure someone wants to stream them
Disney doesn’t own Spiderwick Chronicles and it’s not theirs to sell. It’s Paramount’s and they are shopping it around. Also Percy is coming out and has a release date. Not sure what your point is.

Reactions: Michael S
Disney doesn’t own Spiderwick Chronicles and it’s not theirs to sell. It’s Paramount’s and they are shopping it around. Also Percy is coming out and has a release date. Not sure what your point is.
Willow and other shows have been taken off the service

Sell them to crackle or someone. I’m just not happy with companies making shows just to hide them later

Willow and other shows have been taken off the service

Sell them to crackle or someone. I’m just not happy with companies making shows just to hide them later
I don’t like it either, but it is what it is unfortunately at the moment.

Some of these shows could probably benefit Disney if they decide to license them to Netflix for example, though. Willow could potentially see enough of an audience boost if it were to be on Netflix that a Season 2 then eventually gets made because of wider exposure.

Was gonna put this in the respective thread--but this is a larger topic to discuss with the future of Marvel on D+. Daredevil: Born Again is being reset completely--starting from scratch as all the previous writers and directors have been let go.

Disney had been seemingly upset due to the show diverging from that of the Netflix's action and violence in favor of a show more following of legal proceedings; with the titular Daredevil not appearing until halfway into Episode 4. Alongside this, Disney will be implementing a series of major changes to the future of Marvel Studios on D+.

Going with this--shows going forward will have dedicated TV Bibles and showrunners, with the intent for the shows going forward to no longer be "Limited-Series" but rather Multi-Season shows. This comes as a part of internal discussions and criticisms due to pre-production issues that occured.

I hope this works out well

I'm also not against one off shows. I only heard good things about GOTG Christmas and Warewolf by Night.

Many of the changes sound great but....the App was also made to put whatever you want on it and I hope they don't feel like every show has to connect into the MCU day one...I still like Moonknight because if of it's acting and action. I think most fans agree the issue has been writing along with wayyyyy too many new characters.

Reactions: Grabnar
Was gonna put this in the respective thread--but this is a larger topic to discuss with the future of Marvel on D+. Daredevil: Born Again is being reset completely--starting from scratch as all the previous writers and directors have been let go.

Disney had been seemingly upset due to the show diverging from that of the Netflix's action and violence in favor of a show more following of legal proceedings; with the titular Daredevil not appearing until halfway into Episode 4. Alongside this, Disney will be implementing a series of major changes to the future of Marvel Studios on D+.

Going with this--shows going forward will have dedicated TV Bibles and showrunners, with the intent for the shows going forward to no longer be "Limited-Series" but rather Multi-Season shows. This comes as a part of internal discussions and criticisms due to pre-production issues that occured.
I am very for this. First of all, doing pilots instead of automatically green-lighting a $150M show is a no-brainer and more streamers should follow this linear TV model. Hopefully this will have an effect on quality as well. This way you don't automatically commit to a full season of a show and only to realize it's a stinker. This could've potentially saved BoBF, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, etc.

Secondly, most shows don't need to be limited and Disney has already realized this prior to this report. Loki was originally supposed to be a Limited Series as was The Santa Clauses was originally a limited series... until they weren't because they performed so well.

Another thing to add here is making shows that are made to be multiple seasons should hopefully make them feel like actual TV shows rather than a show that would've been better as a 2-hour movie instead of being stretched out to a 6 episode, 5.5 hour series (*cough*Obi-Wan*cough*). By stretching some of these things out, it forces them to add in boring subplots to fill time. Just look at the Obi-Wan movie-cut that a fan made. It's good! And that's because it trims the fat.

I'm also very happy to hear that they want MORE violence in Daredevil than originally was planned for it. With them cutting the writers and directors that were on the project, this is a great chance for Disney to do what all fans would love and bring back the original writers and directors from the Netflix show. Also, like, make sure the Netflix Foggy and Karen are in this. If we're resetting, lets go all the way.

I hope this works out well

I'm also not against one off shows. I only heard good things about GOTG Christmas and Warewolf by Night.

Many of the changes sound great but....the App was also made to put whatever you want on it and I hope they don't feel like every show has to connect into the MCU day one...I still like Moonknight because if of it's acting and action. I think most fans agree the issue has been writing along with wayyyyy too many new characters.
Werewolf By Night and GOTG Special would not be considered a limited series. I also doubt limited series are completely off the table. If they are doing what they are saying, it just sounds like they are going to do whatever feels right for each specific show. But leaving more shows open for multiple seasons is definitely a good thing.

I think Disney realizes they need more hit shows and their only big hit shows that is a continuing product is The Mandalorian, Andor and Loki. What I don't get is why they are doing a WandaVision spinoff instead of a S2. To me that's an example of something unnecessary. WandaVision has the cache already and the name recognition, just subtitle S2 and have it be WandaVision: Darkhold Diaries.