DisneyForward Expansion Project | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

DisneyForward Expansion Project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They have had long enough to prepare for this. They really need diggers in the ground for SOMETHING by the end of 2024, and not just for a new gift shop.

Reactions: Freak
If Disney doesn’t start construction on something by the end of this year, then I can guarantee they’re not going to have anything open in time for the LA Olympics…which blows my mind considering that all the other West Coast parks are investing heavily to make their parks shine by then. They better get started.

And when all the west coast parks are done with their investment ... they'll still be competing for the second best theme park in the region. There's absolutely stuff I'd love to see happen at the Disneyland Resort, but it's not exactly on life support.
I don't disagree....but if you have literally nothing to offer when Knott's, USH, and Sea World all have new stuff...I *don't* think as many people are going to hurry down to DLR, especially when there will be nothing new except higher prices during the time from now to the Olypmpics.

Not saying Disney will be in trouble, but I could see their attendance taking a hit. They have to have something new.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Jake S
I don't disagree....but if you have literally nothing to offer when Knott's, USH, and Sea World all have new stuff...I think as many people are going to hurry down to DLR, especially when there will be nothing new except higher prices during the time from now to the Olypmpics.

Not saying Disney will be in trouble, but I could see their attendance taking a hit. They have to have something new.
What’s on offer is definitely helpful for return visitors and locals. Maybe they view it as international visitors may simply come to Disneyland because it’s Disneyland? Not saying I agree, but I think Jake is onto something.

Reactions: Jake S
I don't disagree....but if you have literally nothing to offer when Knott's, USH, and Sea World all have new stuff...I *don't* think as many people are going to hurry down to DLR, especially when there will be nothing new except higher prices during the time from now to the Olypmpics.
I absolutely agree that more guests would visit the resort if there was a new, shiny thing on offer. What I assume Disney is banking on is that the additional visitors wouldn't offset the additional cost.

International guests are going to prioritize Disneyland and Universal Studios (that's what they do now). I think the SoCal parks need to get their operations in order more than they need to find something to advertise as "new" to thousands of visitors for whom everything at the park is "new" to them.

But, we'll see!

Reactions: Nico
To add to this. Crazy that if it gets fully approved we could see construction starting this year

If construction commences on something this year for DL Forward, it will probably be for the Eastern Gateway. Recently Disney has made it abundantly clear they are just dying to build out the EG. Hopefully once the plan goes into effect they hit the ground running on that.

Then once the EG is completed, I have a feeling we will see Hollywoodland go down to be replaced whether it's Avatar or something else.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them work quick on the Eastern Gateway if Disney is serious about using the Toy Story Lot for a Disney Springs-style area with hotel rooms. That's a heck of a source of revenue for them if they're serious.

Yeah going to be honest

Don't close magic way make it a bridge like DTD.....no need at all to close that road down and would only cause more traffic I can get with residents on that one because there is a alt way to do it.

Also I know the art has a new shopping area....unless it's really something special it feels very unnecessary and most vloggers like agree it would be insane not to save toy story for a third gate

Does Disneyland need a 3rd gate though? I feel like most of their capacity woes can be solved by fixing Tomorrowland for DL, and then working on Hollywoodland and eventually the forward expansion plans for DCA.

Does Disneyland need a 3rd gate though? I feel like most of their capacity woes can be solved by fixing Tomorrowland for DL, and then working on Hollywoodland and eventually the forward expansion plans for DCA.
100%

Even if disney forward stuff, it's really mostly going to DCA which needs it.....sure they can fix TL but people still go there so to Disney who cares if people are willing to go to a Mall looking land and wait hours for SM, Buzz is bust etc

Marvel needs more room then they gave it, SW can for sure get another land if they choose to make it for the OT films, Mando or Prequels locations (we also have high, old and first republic timelines)
Disney has still tons of IP perfect for rides like Lion King and Aladdin with nothinggg made. Maybe some Fox IP stuff that makes sense? If Avatar land does well another one based off the films that will come out by then

DTD really isn't that busy when I go, its fine but there is little reason for another and with it outside the Disney bubble its kinda even more pointless unless they give us a Simpsons, Indy, and other IPS as cool themed restaurants that can't fit in the parks but more generic shopping? Malls are dying not thriving to build another one makes to me little sense another hotel that is connected to a third gate would make them buckets of money and honestly they are rely on AP's to keep the parks parked and....I mean you hope if Disney did build a third gate it would be as impressive as Epic Universe drawing in World wide travelers

100%

Even if disney forward stuff, it's really mostly going to DCA which needs it.....sure they can fix TL but people still go there so to Disney who cares if people are willing to go to a Mall looking land and wait hours for SM, Buzz is bust etc

Marvel needs more room then they gave it, SW can for sure get another land if they choose to make it for the OT films, Mando or Prequels locations (we also have high, old and first republic timelines)
Disney has still tons of IP perfect for rides like Lion King and Aladdin with nothinggg made. Maybe some Fox IP stuff that makes sense? If Avatar land does well another one based off the films that will come out by then

DTD really isn't that busy when I go, its fine but there is little reason for another and with it outside the Disney bubble its kinda even more pointless unless they give us a Simpsons, Indy, and other IPS as cool themed restaurants that can't fit in the parks but more generic shopping? Malls are dying not thriving to build another one makes to me little sense another hotel that is connected to a third gate would make them buckets of money and honestly they are rely on AP's to keep the parks parked and....I mean you hope if Disney did build a third gate it would be as impressive as Epic Universe drawing in World wide travelers
If I were them, I'd leave the Hollywoodland (and the space "reclaimed" by Eastern Gateway) for Marvel/Avenger expansions. And then utilize the parking lot space reserved for Disneyland Forward for Avatar and additional expansions.

Disneyland as a park is fine, they just are too "heavy" on the western side of the park, they need to revitalize the eastern side with a new Tomorrowland and Fantasyland expansion in the Autopia/Subs space. That's a heck of a piece of land ripe for expansion.

The parking lot in between Mickey & Friends and Disneyland Hotel can be utilized for additional lodging/DTD expansion.

If I were them, I'd leave the Hollywoodland (and the space "reclaimed" by Eastern Gateway) for Marvel/Avenger expansions. And then utilize the parking lot space reserved for Disneyland Forward for Avatar and additional expansions.

Disneyland as a park is fine, they just are too "heavy" on the western side of the park, they need to revitalize the eastern side with a new Tomorrowland and Fantasyland expansion in the Autopia/Subs space. That's a heck of a piece of land ripe for expansion.

The parking lot in between Mickey & Friends and Disneyland Hotel can be utilized for additional lodging/DTD expansion.
Honestly land and ride wise besides TL, the park is pretty much perfect.

Toontown has been fixed, and really only TL needs work the rest of the lands are pretty much as updated as they can be. They can add to GE if they need to but hope TL is the next Disneyland Project along with finding a new show for the Fantasyland Theater.

Honestly land and ride wise besides TL, the park is pretty much perfect.

Toontown has been fixed, and really only TL needs work the rest of the lands are pretty much as updated as they can be. They can add to GE if they need to but hope TL is the next Disneyland Project along with finding a new show for the Fantasyland Theater.
Yeah, that's why I don't understand the hype of Disneyland Park expanding its footprint to the parking lot. Would be great sure, but entire east side of the park has been left abandoned for the most part. They can do some serious projects there.

Yeah, that's why I don't understand the hype of Disneyland Park expanding its footprint to the parking lot. Would be great sure, but entire east side of the park has been left abandoned for the most part. They can do some serious projects there.
Freshbaked seems to think its because SM and the land are still busy so see little reason to close down one of the busier lands if people keep coming

I as well would for sure redo the entire area from Pixie Hollow, to the old Motor Boat Cruise area and the rest of TL

Most of it being use for TL but also adding another ride and subland to Fantasy and but for Someone reasons at least from rumors they seem obsessed with bringing Frozen...the same land that is now at like 4 parks to Disneyland. Which I do want Frozen at Disney;and but to me its kinda a waste to put it behind Splash...but also I guess it will draw people there so I dont know

Disney only cares about optics now and not so much what's best for the parks.