DisneyForward Expansion Project | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

DisneyForward Expansion Project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FEA is...adequate, but it's certainly not amazing. It worked in a pinch for Epcot back in 2017 but I think it's a real shame that Frozen has gotten stuck with Maelstrom 2 globally as well.

If Frozen really needs to be implemented into DLR 10+ years after the movie has come out, please design a new, better ride.

I really hope DLR doesn’t get Frozen ever After. Use that precious space for something different and GOOD.
From what I have heard isn't TDS getting some variant of the Shanghai pirates ride system for their version of Frozen? If Disney is dead set on doing some sort of boat ride for Frozen, clone whatever is coming to TDS and include themes from the Frozen sequels. Considering at the current rate Disney builds, they may do just that.
FEA is...adequate, but it's certainly not amazing. It worked in a pinch for Epcot back in 2017 but I think it's a real shame that Frozen has gotten stuck with Maelstrom 2 globally as well.

If Frozen really needs to be implemented into DLR 10+ years after the movie has come out, please design a new, better ride.
Fantasy Springs from what I thought I heard is getting a different ride system for their Frozen boat ride that is more in line with Pirates from Shanghai. Use that or a trackless ride system. My guess is at the rate Disney builds we won't be seeing Frozen at DLR well into the 2030's so I will guess by the time that happens Frozen 4 will have come out, and maybe the Frozen land DLR gets will be entirely different as well.

This is encouraging. I don’t know spacing well enough here but if they added a few more big lands to either park, and I’m talking 3-4 in total between the parks, this would be trip worthy. It’s hard to justify a week trip to DLR rn, but I’d consider it if there was just slightly more to see.

This is encouraging. I don’t know spacing well enough here but if they added a few more big lands to either park, and I’m talking 3-4 in total between the parks, this would be trip worthy. It’s hard to justify a week trip to DLR rn, but I’d consider it if there was just slightly more to see.
Knowing the rate at which Disney builds, part of me doubts we will get lands exactly like the current Zootopia and Frozen lands at Shanghai and Hong Kong/Paris/Tokyo. Or with the possible exception of Frozen we will get entirely new lands that pull inspiration from Zootopia and Fantasy Springs.

As for how the Simba lot will be be used I'm guessing maybe 2 to 3 Avengers Campus sized lands? (AC is about 4 acres) DL's DL Forward plot will probably just be one land that I hope is the behind Big Thunder Villains land.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Just an idea under consideration/"option," but I really wouldn't be shocked if Arendelle shows up to Disneyland.

So what's next for Disney's World of Frozen?
And Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro has teased that World of Frozen could be an attractive option for Disney to install at the Disneyland Resort in California, should the company get approval from the City of Anaheim for the DisneylandForward proposal, which would allow Disney to build attractions on resort land now reserved for parking and other uses.

Just an idea under consideration/"option," but I really wouldn't be shocked if Arendelle shows up to Disneyland.

An Arendelle that has elements from Frozen 3 and maybe even 4. Hopefully Disney realizes that at the rate they build stuff by the time they put Frozen into DLR Frozen 4 would have already been released. I would hope they would go for either a trackless ride or an updated boat ride that pulls from Shanghai's Pirates attraction. Or maybe something different altogether that what I proposed here.

wow that’s disappointing. I’m not excited to wait ten years for an okay boat ride that will have been at Epcot for at least a decade and a half by the time it opens. If they’re going to bring Arendelle over here, it should feature a trackless ride.

OrangeGrove55 did a live Q&A on YT recently where someone asked how he thought the Simba lot would be used for DCA's DL Forward plot. He estimated based on the overall acreage you could fit about 2 Galaxy Edges. But then me made an interesting prediction. The Pixar Pier hotel is not in the long term plans for DLR. Do you see Disney getting rid of the PP hotel for theme park space?

OrangeGrove55 did a live Q&A on YT recently where someone asked how he thought the Simba lot would be used for DCA's DL Forward plot. He estimated based on the overall acreage you could fit about 2 Galaxy Edges. But then me made an interesting prediction. The Pixar Pier hotel is not in the long term plans for DLR. Do you see Disney getting rid of the PP hotel for theme park space?
If they got rid of PP hotel id imagine it would be FAR FAR FAR into the future. Considering the money they just put into it, I don't see them doing anything with it for a very long time.

Yeah...no way they will tear it down when they are adding new restaurants and themeing to it

15+ years at least, which is fine because they have lots of space that needs to be worked on....GE needs another ride, Hollywood land, Tommorrowland and Disneyforward land

If they got rid of PP hotel id imagine it would be FAR FAR FAR into the future. Considering the money they just put into it, I don't see them doing anything with it for a very long time.
OG55 seems to think it has at least a decade left if it were to get torn down.

With DL Forward getting closer to the April/May date where the city officially votes yay or nay on DL Forward I was pondering somethings over in my mind, with some questions and thoughts:

Would DCA in their DL Forward plot get cloned future lands from DHS like, let's say a Disney Animation area? DCA and DHS are very similar parks. Or would DCA get things exclusive to it that won't be found at WDW? Or a mix of both?

I touched on this in the Avatar at DL thread, but I think whatever Avatar "experience" coming to DLR is contingent on DL Forward getting the green light. Maybe we get details on what Disney has in store for Avatar at DLR if it's indeed a full blown land at D23?

I think the Sitich lot For DL's DL Forward plot will not be used for one single IP land. I think it will be more like a Fantasy Springs style land.

Will the earliest we hear about the first land coming to the Simba lot be D23 2026 or 2028?

Reactions: joerodriguez
With DL Forward getting closer to the April/May date where the city officially votes yay or nay on DL Forward I was pondering somethings over in my mind, with some questions and thoughts:

Would DCA in their DL Forward plot get cloned future lands from DHS like, let's say a Disney Animation area? DCA and DHS are very similar parks. Or would DCA get things exclusive to it that won't be found at WDW? Or a mix of both?

I touched on this in the Avatar at DL thread, but I think whatever Avatar "experience" coming to DLR is contingent on DL Forward getting the green light. Maybe we get details on what Disney has in store for Avatar at DLR if it's indeed a full blown land at D23?

I think the Sitich lot For DL's DL Forward plot will not be used for one single IP land. I think it will be more like a Fantasy Springs style land.

Will the earliest we hear about the first land coming to the Simba lot be D23 2026 or 2028?
IMG_9272.jpeg

If the vote does fail

We are in for DCA getting major work either way, that or tomorrow land finally gets redone

Disney will really have little choice to add onto the perks of this fails

I hope it doesn’t because I want more new lands but fresh baked doesn’t even seem too confident it will pass

I feel like at the rate this is going, we're going to be extinct by the time this expansion happens.

It's kinda funny how Disneyland made Anaheim exist & yet, the city is so against the park.