DisneyForward Expansion Project | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

DisneyForward Expansion Project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think this is just a political maneuver to get the government aligned with what Disney wants. I'm sure they would like to build stuff there sometime in the future, but I doubt we see it actually happen in the next 20 years.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I still think this is just a political maneuver to get the government aligned with what Disney wants. I'm sure they would like to build stuff there sometime in the future, but I doubt we see it actually happen in the next 20 years.
They want to build there eventually, but some sort of vision that fills out that entire space of expansion land wouldn't be complete for a long long long long time. It is a political move in that Disney simply wants the zoning to be able to do whatever they want on that land.

Once they get that clearance that they need, expansions on the land would happen super slow as far as I see it going (unless they grow some balls and do a Fantasy Springs type of project which would fill a lot of land up quickly. There's still a decent amount within current park boundaries of both parks that needs to be worked on before thinking about the DisneyForward land. There's Hollywoodland, Marvel Expansion, Tomorrowland, and potentially replacing Fantasyland Theater? Avatar fits into this equation somewhere, it might just be in Hollywood temporarily though before a ride is able to come somewhere.

They want to build there eventually, but some sort of vision that fills out that entire space of expansion land wouldn't be complete for a long long long long time. It is a political move in that Disney simply wants the zoning to be able to do whatever they want on that land.

Once they get that clearance that they need, expansions on the land would happen super slow as far as I see it going (unless they grow some balls and do a Fantasy Springs type of project which would fill a lot of land up quickly. There's still a decent amount within current park boundaries of both parks that needs to be worked on before thinking about the DisneyForward land. There's Hollywoodland, Marvel Expansion, Tomorrowland, and potentially replacing Fantasyland Theater? Avatar fits into this equation somewhere, it might just be in Hollywood temporarily though before a ride is able to come somewhere.

Yeah, it's just difficult to see them expand when they have large pockets in the current parks that need work/updates.

Reactions: Nick
I wish this was Disney Fast Forward because some of us are going to be too old to enjoy those fancy new thrill rides.
Yeah it’s hard to get excited when this is going to be like what, ten years at least?

I remember as far back as 2010 when I saw an article from the OC Tegister where it said that Disney was planning a third theme park or was in talks. Here we are now 13 years later and there are now talks of a “kinda-sorta” third park. Disney moves things very, very slowly.

My take? Build a NOS-styled resort hotel on the area North of DTD (behind the former ESPN/Rainforest Cafe). Do a exit-only bridge into DL for after-hours events (or exit valve for Fantsmic). New guest corridor from the parking garages goes through the middle of this resort, made to look like the French Quarter with new shops/restaurants on the ground level as an expansion of DTD.

Area South towards Katella becomes DCA's second entrance/exit, and new lands. Two new bridges make a loop near Sky School/Pixar Pier over the road, and adds two new lands (minimum) and multiple new rides. Toy Story Lot becomes a waterpark with attached hotel, either indoor like Great Wolf or outdoor like Volcano Bay/Cabana Bay.

That gets you new premium hotel options and an expanded DTD, some fixes to DL traffic, another gate (even if it's small or resort/only), and more importantly new lands/rides at DCA. Not sure DL needs to grow while there are still some big projects like Tomorrowland sitting around, and I think there are some diminishing returns for expanding DL's footprint, which already is more than a one-day park experience.

If they really want to get wild with it, throwing more upcharge/timed-ticketed experiences at the resort is always a way to do it.

My take? Build a NOS-styled resort hotel on the area North of DTD (behind the former ESPN/Rainforest Cafe). Do a exit-only bridge into DL for after-hours events (or exit valve for Fantsmic). New guest corridor from the parking garages goes through the middle of this resort, made to look like the French Quarter with new shops/restaurants on the ground level as an expansion of DTD.

Area South towards Katella becomes DCA's second entrance/exit, and new lands. Two new bridges make a loop near Sky School/Pixar Pier over the road, and adds two new lands (minimum) and multiple new rides. Toy Story Lot becomes a waterpark with attached hotel, either indoor like Great Wolf or outdoor like Volcano Bay/Cabana Bay.

That gets you new premium hotel options and an expanded DTD, some fixes to DL traffic, another gate (even if it's small or resort/only), and more importantly new lands/rides at DCA. Not sure DL needs to grow while there are still some big projects like Tomorrowland sitting around, and I think there are some diminishing returns for expanding DL's footprint, which already is more than a one-day park experience.

If they really want to get wild with it, throwing more upcharge/timed-ticketed experiences at the resort is always a way to do it.
I am also going to do some guesswork that some of the experiences coming once DL Forward gets the green light will also be cloned to WDW as well. Disney loves to get the maximum return on investment by building multiple copies of rides and lands. Maybe what replaces Hollywoodland at DCA and part of the Simba lot gets cloned to DHS. IMO they should also bring over the Villains land from MK if it ever happens.

Looks like while thing's aren't nailed down yet, it seems like the plans at least are what Disney does want. It's a 30 year plan and sounds like a third gate wont be happening in that time. Hopefully we do get Skyways and PM again even if they aren't in Tomorrowland

Looks like while thing's aren't nailed down yet, it seems like the plans at least are what Disney does want. It's a 30 year plan and sounds like a third gate wont be happening in that time. Hopefully we do get Skyways and PM again even if they aren't in Tomorrowland

Unless they plan on putting it in Hollywoodland, I hope as the plans for this DL Forward expansion get finalized, that the DCA side gets a large scale trackless ride on par with MMRR. The initial plans don't appear to include that.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Unless they plan on putting it in Hollywoodland, I hope as the plans for this DL Forward expansion get finalized, that the DCA side gets a large scale trackless ride on par with MMRR. The initial plans don't appear to include that.
I'm kinda with Freshbaked on this one.

Like I won't fight bigger rides but also...DCA needs more rides that can fit into the little space they have. If a Dark ride like that makes sense go for it but hopefully it will draw more crowds for DCA then Mickey did for Disneyland, Disneyland had the extra space but DCA needs every new ride to really care it's weight...or take up less space

But I do hope Hollywood land gets redone and they use the one side of the bus area next to that land as more theme park space as well because DCA needs all the space it cam get

I'm kinda with Freshbaked on this one.

Like I won't fight bigger rides but also...DCA needs more rides that can fit into the little space they have. If a Dark ride like that makes sense go for it but hopefully it will draw more crowds for DCA then Mickey did for Disneyland, Disneyland had the extra space but DCA needs every new ride to really care it's weight...or take up less space

But I do hope Hollywood land gets redone and they use the one side of the bus area next to that land as more theme park space as well because DCA needs all the space it cam get

After watching this video, it appears that a MMRR scale ride for DCA would go in Hollywoodland if the current plans for DL forward still hold towards a more final form. I also think a bulk of the Disneyland Forward stuff will also be cloned to WDW. I.E. whatever replaces Hollywoodland will be cloned to DHS.

After watching this video, it appears that a MMRR scale ride for DCA would go in Hollywoodland if the current plans for DL forward still hold towards a more final form. I also think a bulk of the Disneyland Forward stuff will also be cloned to WDW. I.E. whatever replaces Hollywoodland will be cloned to DHS.

Avatar Land for me would be what I want in that area of the park

I mean, unless Disney is putting it in the forwardland or Tommorrowland they really have no where else for it to go. So I just wish Disney said where Avatar is planned

According to this article a lot of the DL forward attractions will take inspiration from already existing attractions at DLR. Like Rise, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and TSMM to name a few.

According to this article a lot of the DL forward attractions will take inspiration from already existing attractions at DLR. Like Rise, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and TSMM to name a few.
I don’t think inspiration is the right word. They basically are trying to, in layman’s terms, give people a picture of what could go there by using existing references.

I don’t think inspiration is the right word. They basically are trying to, in layman’s terms, give people a picture of what could go there by using existing references.
When the outline for DL Forward first leaked it appears a lot of the large scale indoor family attractions are on the Disneyland side. As I said before I Hope they pivot and alter the plans a bit so DCA can get a large scale trackless ride on par with MMRR. DCA in general needs more of those indoor family rides than DL IMHO. Or maybe something like MMRR goes in Hollywoodland instead. Or the DCA side of DL forward could get a MMRR sized family ride. Either way Disney needs new leadership so they can speed up construction in their parks. For crying out loud, they haven't even broken ground on the Avengers E ticket!

Theme wise, I assume it will all be new

I doubt they will just add another Toy Story ride
I mean, I could see more Star Wars,maybe but you’d think most of the attractions will be new so they can sell more merch and draw in more people from different fandoms

Theme wise, I assume it will all be new

I doubt they will just add another Toy Story ride
I mean, I could see more Star Wars,maybe but you’d think most of the attractions will be new so they can sell more merch and draw in more people from different fandoms
One of the lands they should do is an area themed to Disney Animation in general with an E ticket themed around the princesses. I am surprised they have never really done a fully immersive area themed around WDAS and a ride around the princesses would be a big hit.

One of the lands they should do is an area themed to Disney Animation in general with an E ticket themed around the princesses. I am surprised they have never really done a fully immersive area themed around WDAS and a ride around the princesses would be a big hit.
I mean or Villains

Villains seems to be something Fans want and with Halloween time bigger then Summer....I think that would make sense. But for sure we need another "fantasyland" but somewhere else in the resort

I mean or Villains

Villains seems to be something Fans want and with Halloween time bigger then Summer....I think that would make sense. But for sure we need another "fantasyland" but somewhere else in the resort
Cloning the "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain" Villains land would be a no brainer for DL Forward, but something tells me that the Villains IP would be a better fit for Disneyland than DCA. But maybe they could make it work at DCA.