DisneyForward Expansion Project | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DisneyForward Expansion Project

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
I do think that if DisneyForward comes, they will invest into Toy Story Lot being a third gate (And the GardenWalk being their answer to nightlife expansion); but my thought process goes immediately to Eastern Gateway and HollywoodLand.

They already have concepts down on the table for that location. It wouldn't be hard at all, and could even make a lot of sense as their big LA Olympics contribution for the tourism sector if it combines that and Hyperion Theater into one large attraction, with Philharmagic; Millionare Building and Monsters as the smaller attraction.

Atleast, that's my thought process.

TheUniC6

Rookie
Oct 10, 2021
I don't get the feeling that anything will be talked about of DisneyForward at D23. I think it'll be talked about once it gets the approval from the county; but there's not going to be any guarantee of when or if it will happen.

And if it happens, I am of the mind of Hollywoodland, but because of one aspect and one aspect alone: The Eastern Gateway project.
Fairly confident the Eastern Gateway will be certain to happen as well. And they need new parking as well badly at DLR. If you could make a guess when do you think the timeframe for bulldozing Hollywood land and building the Eastern Gateway would happen?

TheUniC6

Rookie
Oct 10, 2021
Like others here have mentioned, I would rather they focus on fixing Hollywoodland, Tomorrowland, and maybe expand Fantasyland where Autopia and the theater are before they even talk about expanding to those places. I don't understand the logic of going out of your way to expand when you have areas in your parks that are extremely underutilized.
HollywoodLand needs to go badly. Of those three, I have a feeling it will be the first thing to be redone. They were actually plan to put Avengers Campus in that spot before the Eastern Gateway got shelved. Hopefully this time around with DL forward, the gateway will happen and likely will.

PerceptiveCoot

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2018
HollywoodLand needs to go badly. Of those three, I have a feeling it will be the first thing to be redone. They were actually plan to put Avengers Campus in that spot before the Eastern Gateway got shelved. Hopefully this time around with DL forward, the gateway will happen and likely will.
They have to move the bus loops to the Puumba lot first, and figure out where the theater space fits in. Otherwise, nothing meaningful will happen there.

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
Asked this in another thread but with them remodeling the DTD, does that mean they have no plans to use that area for the third park now?

tideblue

Rookie
Aug 13, 2009
Had to stop lurking for a question: How much land does Disney actually own around Anaheim? I've looked, and beyond the existing DLR land:

• Harbor Cast Member Lot (333 W Ball Rd)
  • Cast Member Lot where the Gateway project was (Disney Way)
  • Former Carousel Inn (1530 S Harbor Blvd)
  • Candy Cane Inn (1747 S Harbor Blvd)
  • Company D (1625 S Lewis St, Anaheim)
  • Unmarked warehouse at the corner of S Vernon St and E Cerritos Ave
I've seen unverified reports of Disney owning (only some?) the apartment complexes on the block around the Toy Story lot. That these apartments may be displaced in the future in some kind of land swap, but if anyone can clarify I'd love to know which ones. Also seeing lots of Disney busses on Google Maps at parcels by E Ball Rd and S Anaheim Ave, but that land could be leased?

TheUniC6

Rookie
Oct 10, 2021
For those on this thread you have likely heard about the drama going on with the scandal involving the Anaheim mayor. Any idea or intel if DL forward has been halted or if talks are still going on? I have have not heard anything at this point in time that they stopped. Or maybe they cut a smaller deal to start that would enable them to build the revived eastern gateway for that highly sought after Hollywood Land expansion.

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
With the polticial turmoil going on for DisneyForward, I wouldn't expect much to be talked about of it until 2023. They are still going out, promoting and sharing information previously discussed to locals, so they are active and trying to convince people on it.