Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DisneyForward Expansion Project

One thing I hope they do in this project is add another major coaster that isn’t a clone. I wouldn’t mind getting Tron, but that should be saved for Tomorrowland. That area could use a refresh using the Tron aesthetic. But please for Pete’s sake do NOT give us a clone of Slinky Dog. Seven Dwarfs coaster is more thrilling and enjoyable than that!

I’ve seen an Internet idea float around for an Emperor’s New Grove themed coaster that would be set in Ezma’s lab using the coaster from the movie. I’d be down for that! While WDW is getting coasters for days, DLR is way overdue for a new major coaster that won’t be a clone of Slinky Dog or Seven Dwarfs.

One thing I hope they do in this project is add another major coaster that isn’t a clone. I wouldn’t mind getting Tron, but that should be saved for Tomorrowland. That area could use a refresh using the Tron aesthetic. But please for Pete’s sake do NOT give us a clone of Slinky Dog. Seven Dwarfs coaster is more thrilling and enjoyable than that!

I’ve seen an Internet idea float around for an Emperor’s New Grove themed coaster that would be set in Ezma’s lab using the coaster from the movie. I’d be down for that! While WDW is getting coasters for days, DLR is way overdue for a new major coaster that won’t be a clone of Slinky Dog or Seven Dwarfs.

Cave of Wonders magic carpet coaster or bust.

Better idea: “Adventure” themed area with that and a clone of Shanghai Pirates. Boom.

I think a different IP using Shanghai Pirates technology would be excellent! Maybe CoCo or Frozen? Doubt there will be another Pirates attraction at DL and Pirates here is fantastic already. I’d welcome an Adventureland expansion to include that Cave of Wonders idea though.

I think a different IP using Shanghai Pirates technology would be excellent! Maybe CoCo or Frozen? Doubt there will be another Pirates attraction at DL and Pirates here is fantastic already. I’d welcome an Adventureland expansion to include that Cave of Wonders idea though.

Adventureland expansion with Aladdin magic carpet coaster and either Lion King or Jungle Book for the Shanghai Pirates ride system.. and maybe a Journey To Atlantis-style water coaster themed to Moana..

Adventureland expansion with Aladdin magic carpet coaster and either Lion King or Jungle Book for the Shanghai Pirates ride system.. and maybe a Journey To Atlantis-style water coaster themed to Moana..
Ha, duh! Moana would be a great IP for the Shanghai Pirates ride system. I honestly wish Jungle Cruise had been axed for a Jungle Book overlay.

Ha, duh! Moana would be a great IP for the Shanghai Pirates ride system. I honestly wish Jungle Cruise had been axed for a Jungle Book overlay.
When they were thinking of putting Coco into the Mexico pavilion, I was hoping they would gut that whole boat ride and do a Shanghai Pirates version

Projection map the bridge of flowers on the water, show the transformation of one of the characters as they travel between the realms, etc

Make it less of a story and more of a celebration. Maybe just reuse the Three Caballeros story of Miguel getting the opportunity to perform at a show on the other side and him trying to get there on time.

I know we wont get it but a Magic Carpet dark ride would be amazing...people love Pan now lets scale it up to something like Little Mermaid but with flying and think it will have lines for days

I mean with Disney being so cheap right now

they made a push for this so long ago and not really any updates and with them looking to be remodeling part of DTD I don’t get the sense this project is anywhere close to starting

I also think at D23 2022 we will hear a lot more about DL forward. But at least for DCA I would like to see Disney expand to outside sources besides their own for the park (DCA). It would be cool to see a Ghoosebumps land as Disney's response to the classic monsters land at EU, as they did work with RL Stine for that Just Beyond series for Disney+. And It could be cool if they did a Sonic mini land as a response to Nintendo. I mean Disney already worked with Sega to have sonic in Wreck it Ralph so maybe they could cut some sort of deal.

I have no problem with Disney securing the ability to expand with this project, but how about they improve what already exists first? Avengers Campus needs at least one decent ride and all of Hollywoodland at DCA needs a re-do now thanks to GOTG. Not to mention PatF is up next after Toontown/Runaway Railway in DL and Tomorrowland needs a major update. DL also has to do something with Critter Country with PATF coming in - annexing Pooh to a mini 100 Acre Woods land.

We’re already talking a decade’s worth of construction and there are STILL plots of land at the parks where they can replace and add attractions. I don’t see the need for expanding for a while. This is all just leveraging while the city of Anaheim is hurting. All this land, even with approval, will sit empty at least for 30 years.

I have no problem with Disney securing the ability to expand with this project, but how about they improve what already exists first? Avengers Campus needs at least one decent ride and all of Hollywoodland at DCA needs a re-do now thanks to GOTG. Not to mention PatF is up next after Toontown/Runaway Railway in DL and Tomorrowland needs a major update. DL also has to do something with Critter Country with PATF coming in - annexing Pooh to a mini 100 Acre Woods land.

We’re already talking a decade’s worth of construction and there are STILL plots of land at the parks where they can replace and add attractions. I don’t see the need for expanding for a while. This is all just leveraging while the city of Anaheim is hurting. All this land, even with approval, will sit empty at least for 30 years.
I actually think that the first major land to be revamped from DL forward will be Hollywood Land. I may sound a little too hopeful, but a Hollywood Land revamp could be possible around 2026-2028

I don't get the feeling that anything will be talked about of DisneyForward at D23. I think it'll be talked about once it gets the approval from the county; but there's not going to be any guarantee of when or if it will happen.

And if it happens, I am of the mind of Hollywoodland, but because of one aspect and one aspect alone: The Eastern Gateway project.

Like others here have mentioned, I would rather they focus on fixing Hollywoodland, Tomorrowland, and maybe expand Fantasyland where Autopia and the theater are before they even talk about expanding to those places. I don't understand the logic of going out of your way to expand when you have areas in your parks that are extremely underutilized.

I don’t think anything will happen with Disneyland Forward for probably the next decade. This was Disney playing the long game. The plan was announced during Anaheim’s most perilous moment.

This was just Disney realizing that they had a window to get something they wanted.