Disneyland Paris Resort | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Paris Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Smart move....but I feel like the French dont care about Disney content...like at all...lol
Disney actually has a special French division and is making content specifically for the French audiences via their Star Originals. Disney+ also licenses a bunch of local content for each of their international countries.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Disney actually has a special French division and is making content specifically for the French audiences via their Star Originals. Disney+ France also licenses a bunch of local content for each of their international countries.
That’s smart, I just know the French have been against America media….especially Disney for a while

That’s smart, I just know the French have been against America media….especially Disney for a while
Disney+ does adapt to each market pretty well. For example. Japan has a ton of licensed anime and Korea has a steady flor of original K-Drama's, including the extremely good Snowdrop, which was brought over to the US in February, albeit without dubbing.

What about Disneyland Paris?
I don’t want to take this thread off topic any longer so I will say one last thing concerning my original post. I think that the Paris castle is the most beautiful of all the Disney properties around the world.

However since it’s failed opening back in 92 it’s been treated like the red headed step child of the parks until recently. Then you have WDSP which was like DCA 1.0 quality.

But now it’s getting upgraded to be much better second gate.

I don’t want to take this thread off topic any longer so I will say one last thing concerning my original post. I think that the Paris castle is the most beautiful of all the Disney properties around the world.

However since it’s failed opening back in 92 it’s been treated like the red headed step child of the parks until recently. Then you have WDSP which was like DCA 1.0 quality.

But now it’s getting upgraded to be much better second gate.
The reason for the lack of investment was because the park was majority owned by Euro Disney SCA for around its first 25 years. With the park not making money, Euro Disney SCA wasn't putting money into the resort. That type of a cycle is rough as if you don't put money in, it's hard to make a profit if you're already struggling. You have to give people a reason to come and Iger finally realized that when he announced the takeover of the resort and a $2 Billion Euro investment.

WDSP and the Disney Village are currently undergoing major renovations and there's been rumors that DLP is going to get MMRR. Add on the recent renovation of Disney's Hotel New York into the Disney Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel and the Disneyland Hotel is getting a makeover as well, so DLPR is getting a ton more love now than it's seen since opening pretty much.

Reactions: OrlLover
The reason for the lack of investment was because the park was majority owned by Euro Disney SCA for around its first 25 years. With the park not making money, Euro Disney SCA wasn't putting money into the resort. That type of a cycle is rough as if you don't put money in, it's hard to make a profit if you're already struggling. You have to give people a reason to come and Iger finally realized that when he announced the takeover of the resort and a $2 Billion Euro investment.

WDSP and the Disney Village are currently undergoing major renovations and there's been rumors that DLP is going to get MMRR. Add on the recent renovation of Disney's Hotel New York into the Disney Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel and the Disneyland Hotel is getting a makeover as well, so DLPR is getting a ton more love now than it's seen since opening pretty much.
I agree it’s nice to see Paris getting some love.

Reactions: Nick
Look at all these smiling faces when entertainers are (again) on strike at DLP for more money. The Dream and Shine Brighter and Mickey and the Magician shows and Disney Stars on Parade are also canceled. As are the Princess meet and greet locations.
The France are notorious to go on strike. Garbage collection, airports, truckdrivers closing highways, it's something that is a way of life. Another reason why choosing France as a location of a Disney parks wasn't very smart.
0517staakdlp1.jpg

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Look at all these smiling faces when entertainers are (again) on strike at DLP for more money. The Dream and Shine Brighter and Mickey and the Magician shows and Disney Stars on Parade are also canceled. As are the Princess meet and greet locations.
The France are notorious to go on strike. Garbage collection, airports, truckdrivers closing highways, it's something that is a way of life. Another reason why choosing France as a location of a Disney parks wasn't very smart.
0517staakdlp1.jpg
I mean, it was Disney biggest miss ever maybe it hurt pretty much every part of Disney when it failed and while doing better it was not worth all it cost the company.

Just came back from Paris and I loved the city. It's not as chaotic as the media makes it out to be and the common person isn't mean if you at least try to start a conversation in a non-entitled way with very basic French. As far as strikes go, good for the population for sticking up for themselves in meaningful ways.

As for Disney, it definitely had the prettiest castle park I've been to out of the ones I been to (CA and FL) with tons of cool nooks and crannies that just don't exist at the others. The castle park rides do kinda feel stuck in the 90s, but are still a good time (but not Indy coaster, it's pain). They definitely should add some more modern rides. Outside of the two big coasters at the castle park, nothing feels very close to WOW.

Studios park is odd for sure, but at least the Avengers Campus is better than the California one in look and feel, it felt like a MCU land. Didn't like Ratatouille, it was the worst Universal screen rip off ride I been on, they just should've kept it all sets since those were very nice. Cars road trip is definitely the worst Disney attraction. Crush's Coaster is extremely fun, it surprised me.

Food isn't very great around the parks, but I did enjoy the two dessert snacks I had. Getting there (and around Paris in general) is super easy via public transit.

Just came back from Paris and I loved the city. It's not as chaotic as the media makes it out to be and the common person isn't mean if you at least try to start a conversation in a non-entitled way with very basic French. As far as strikes go, good for the population for sticking up for themselves in meaningful ways.

As for Disney, it definitely had the prettiest castle park I've been to out of the ones I been to (CA and FL) with tons of cool nooks and crannies that just don't exist at the others. The castle park rides do kinda feel stuck in the 90s, but are still a good time (but not Indy coaster, it's pain). They definitely should add some more modern rides. Outside of the two big coasters at the castle park, nothing feels very close to WOW.

Studios park is odd for sure, but at least the Avengers Campus is better than the California one in look and feel, it felt like a MCU land. Didn't like Ratatouille, it was the worst Universal screen rip off ride I been on, they just should've kept it all sets since those were very nice. Cars road trip is definitely the worst Disney attraction. Crush's Coaster is extremely fun, it surprised me.

Food isn't very great around the parks, but I did enjoy the two dessert snacks I had. Getting there (and around Paris in general) is super easy via public transit.
Agree on all counts! I’m not sure where the bad rep for Paris comes from…it’s true they do like to protest, but it’s probably my favorite city in the world and the only one that lived exactly up to my (lofty) expectations. Everyone there is super kind and no more snobby than the type of people you get in Central Florida.

Only thing I think we’re divided on is France’s Space Mountain—probably the most “wow’d” I’ve been on a Disney ride (up there with Indiana Jones and Rise of the Resistance). Wish they could port that to the states.

Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Reactions: baconwhiskers
Only thing I think we’re divided on is France’s Space Mountain—probably the most “wow’d” I’ve been on a Disney ride (up there with Indiana Jones and Rise of the Resistance). Wish they could port that to the states.

Oh I meant on rides that were not Hyperspace Mountain or BTTM, I didn't get off something feeling "wow" at the castle park haha My only critique with Hyperspace mountain is that it felt rough for me when not in the front, but if you sit there you kinda miss out on some sensations you'd wish to have. Phantom Manor was closed for me sadly so I didn't get to do it.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Disneyland Paris has a lot of critics, who have never actually stepped into the park. You see it on themeparkinsider & elsewhere when a Disneyland Paris story is shared & people pile in with their thoughts - it’s painfully obvious they’ve not visited.

I understand some of the hate, as they view the park as taking investment from their beloved USA destinations.

The resort itself is close to Universal Orlando for enjoyment, and significantly less stressful than Disneyland & especially WDW to visit. I feel it takes the easy going aspect of Universal & fuses it into a Disney resort, and it just works. No mass planning required, which is a big tick for what is effectively a place to escape the perils of the modern world (take note Disney in the USA!)

The entertainment at Disneyland Paris is better than any single resort in Florida, They make genuine effort at seasonal events unlike WDW who have rehashed the same expensive, stale parties for years and years & have a park filled with shows that have been there decades. Or Universal Orlando, with its…4? empty theatres.

There are however issues & the place is several, easy but costly fixes, to being unbeatable. A Hagrids style coaster, a few modern dark rides, a fantasyland expansion. As I say, expensive, but the foundations are well & truly there.

Anyone who hasn’t experienced parks outside the USA should venture to Europe if able to do so. Parks like Efteling, Alton Towers, Phantasialand, Port Aventura, Disneyland Paris, & Europa Park have some great highlights.

In terms of the location being a mistake, I think being so close to Paris has advantages. I think the climate where Port Aventura is (an hour from Barcelona) would have added a different kind of appeal to tourists, but also a I doubt the same infrastructure was in place.

Last edited:
Disneyland Paris has a lot of critics, who have never actually stepped into the park. You see it on themeparkinsider & elsewhere when a Disneyland Paris story is shared & people pile in with their thoughts - it’s painfully obvious they’ve not visited.

I understand some of the hate, as they view the park as taking investment from their beloved USA destinations.

The resort itself is close to Universal Orlando for enjoyment, and significantly less stressful than Disneyland & especially WDW to visit. I feel it takes the easy going aspect of Universal & fuses it into a Disney resort, and it just works. No mass planning required, which is a big tick for what is effectively a place to escape the perils of the modern world (take note Disney in the USA!)

The entertainment at Disneyland Paris is better than any single resort in Florida, They make genuine effort at seasonal events unlike WDW who have rehashed the same expensive, stale parties for years and years & have a park filled with shows that have been there decades. Or Universal Orlando, with its…4? empty theatres.

There are however issues & the place is several, easy but costly fixes, to being unbeatable. A Hagrids style coaster, a few modern dark rides, a fantasyland expansion. As I say, expensive, but the foundations are well & truly there.

Anyone who hasn’t experienced parks outside the USA should venture to Europe if able to do so. Parks like Efteling, Alton Towers, Phantasialand, Port Aventura, Disneyland Paris, & Europa Park have some great highlights.

In terms of the location being a mistake, I think being so close to Paris has advantages. I think the climate where Port Aventura is (an hour from Barcelona) would have added a different kind of appeal to tourists, but also a I doubt the same infrastructure was in place.
Paris is beautiful park but there is a reason WDW still gets tons of European travelers because it’s still not up to par to the stateside resorts.

Also what does UO four empty theaters have to do with DLP ?

Phantasialand is my favorite period now, it's just fantastic from the rides to the guest experience itself. I do wish it had at least one or two more modern dark rides, but that's really my only complaint.

Reactions: UAN17
This is going into Lights, Motors, Action. Sounds very temporary which has been true of all shows in this venue since Lights, Motors, Action departed. I wonder what the longer term plans are for this plot of land are though. Maybe some clone of whatever Avengers E ticket comes to DCA gets cloned here?

They’d have to get rid of the hero training center or put the entrance all the way around the back through a path you don’t need to go down really to put the e-ticket there.