Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

It's where it's been slated to go for years.

Wonder where they'll move the experience, it's very popular. They could just keep it I guess, putting the entrance all the way around it would give people an excuse to actually walk down that path.

DLP's big mistake was misjudging the market and over-investing in hotels and real estate - as Eisner frequently acknowledges. The park numbers were generally fine, if not always spectacular.

The issue was not really about location - if anything, being in a place where people are already willing to vacation in Winter has helped keep the resort steady. People in Europe don't tend to take trips *just* to visit theme parks. They visit Paris year-round (and thus are often happy to bolt on a Disney day) but who's going to the Spanish coast (or insert your own "they were stupid for not building in location x" here) in February?

Another "magical" day at DLP.
I'm on the side of the castmembers but I understand the frustration for the customers. All that money, all that time waiting for the fireworks so prominently promised in advertising and getting it canceled minutes before it would start, rivers of tears flow over main street of broken harts of children (love to write this crap lol). Worst was that customer service in Town Hall was closed as they expected a horde of livid customers. A (probably magical) email address was provide where the complaints could be posted to.
It's better not to waist time/money visiting DLP resort until this is resolved (it can go on for months).

It's not Disney year

Between Antman, 3 closing a hotel, Disneyland Dragon, cutting a huge amount of content from Disney plus, Mando season 3 rumored to not have as many viewers as Boba Fett show....not Disney best era for sure

It's not Disney year

Between Antman, 3 closing a hotel, Disneyland Dragon, cutting a huge amount of content from Disney plus, Mando season 3 rumored to not have as many viewers as Boba Fett show....not Disney best era for sure
With Marvel exhaustion, the past Golden Decade will probably slip to a bronze or silver level for the next decade. OK, but not great level. They'll remain #1, but not as dominant.

With Marvel exhaustion, the past Golden Decade will probably slip to a bronze or silver level for the next decade. OK, but not great level. They'll remain #1, but not as dominant.
The new Spiderman proves its not exhaustion it's the fact the MCU isn't as interesting as before.

Disney in general just needs better creators and people who can budget films while allowing theme parks to be invested in more before they start to suffer like every other division seems to be at Disney

The new Spiderman proves its not exhaustion it's the fact the MCU isn't as interesting as before.

Disney in general just needs better creators and people who can budget films while allowing theme parks to be invested in more before they start to suffer like every other division seems to be at Disney
Not as interesting and exhaustion are close to the same. The history of film shows it's hard to maintain high success across a broad spectrum. Yes, there's certain to be individual successes, but it'll be tough to duplicate the broad based numbers that preceded this.

I mean, didn't the last MCU Spider-Man film make an insane amount of money? I think there is exhaustion regarding the wider MCU, but that's not gonna keep the people away from a new spider-movie.
Both were also good films (in my opinion) with characters you care about and stakes

Most of the New MCU films just don’t feel like they have stakes and too many characters people don’t care about

Also both Spider-Man are just about the main character not trying to set up a new character that obviously is only there to take over as the new antman, Thor etc in the next phase

I truly believe If Antman was written better it would have made more money.

I've had Marvel fatigue since it peaked with Endgame. It's inevitable that comic book movies won't be popular for ever and as @Jerroddragon said they have suffered from poor writing and insane Disney budgeting.

To get this back on subject...
I'm in two minds about these strikes.
I can't support the cast members doing this IN the actual parks, outside is fine, but in or affecting kids dream vacations is a no from me.

I'm hugely in favor of people earning a decent wage, and Disney is a greedy company with deep pockets, BUT in my experience most French workers already have EXTREMELY good benefits most other workers would find excessively generous. I would imagine that DLP have the same or similar.

That said, the attitude coming from the DLP head of HR is not what I would class as helpful. Hope they can resolve this soon.

I can't support the cast members doing this IN the actual parks, outside is fine, but in or affecting kids dream vacations is a no from me.
I don't think kids are going to be traumatized by seeing workers protest for a better wage. and, ultimately, this is the point of the strike. to make people uncomfortable, to make management uncomfortable in order to force them to concede.

I've had Marvel fatigue since it peaked with Endgame. It's inevitable that comic book movies won't be popular for ever and as @Jerroddragon said they have suffered from poor writing and insane Disney budgeting.

To get this back on subject...
I'm in two minds about these strikes.

I'm hugely in favor of people earning a decent wage, and Disney is a greedy company with deep pockets, BUT in my experience most French workers already have EXTREMELY good benefits most other workers would find excessively generous. I would imagine that DLP have the same or similar.

That said, the attitude coming from the DLP head of HR is not what I would class as helpful. Hope they can resolve this soon.
I'm mixed.

I find the current way of protesting doesn't go far enough to hold companies accountable. We can't get too political here but you can look at where most of the wealth went during covid and who controls most the money now and its by a few people, while everyone else is being asked to work until they are basically dead.

Also I saw a really good point by a French protestor a few months ago, they aren't just protesting for them, its to make sure their kids have good wages and benefits as well.

I don't think kids are going to be traumatized by seeing workers protest for a better wage. and, ultimately, this is the point of the strike. to make people uncomfortable, to make management uncomfortable in order to force them to concede.
I get that but I still think it's wrong, and not every protest is justified.

We don't have any real facts to support either side. Unless someone has the actual union demands and Disney offers, it's tough to tell if the union's actions are warranted, or if they're over the top. Generally, contracts are settled at the negotiation table and rarely on the streets.

I get that but I still think it's wrong, and not every protest is justified.
No one is saying that but these people don't want to have to work into their 70's to retire. Just because us America in's are fine with .01 of people having everything while the rest of us have to work until we die, doesn't mean I can't support them.

I'm in full support of any person working full time, especially at a Billion dollar company, being able to retired before 65, own a home/condo and be able to afford to live.

We don't have any real facts to support either side. Unless someone has the actual union demands and Disney offers, it's tough to tell if the union's actions are warranted, or if they're over the top. Generally, contracts are settled at the negotiation table and rarely on the streets.

then I'd argue that you're not hugely supportive of people earning a living wage.
A quick Google search shows that DLP already pays above the French Living wage - whether that is what I or you would class as a living wage is a different story (I wouldn't FYI)

As @Mad Dog says we don't know all the facts, but me asking questions and challenging the method of protest does not make me unsuportive of a living wage or people earning what they deserve.

Last edited:
I think the way they're going about it is the only way that would get management to actually listen, they've already tried other ways. It's really cool to see a country's workforce be able to to pull this off, I wish it were more possible in America.

In relation to theme parks, I really think Disney and Universal employees should do this here if they can.