Disneyland Resort | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This might a weird question to ask…but based on several observations I’ve made over the years on social media and other Disney fandom outlets some Disneyland fans seem to have an inferiority complex.

I feel like I always see digs being made and shade thrown at WDW ?

It’s just so odd to me considering a lot of them consider their resort the superior one. Can any one honestly give any insight into this ?

odd you mention that as I always see even WDW purists consider DL to be better than Magic Kingdom. I think it stems from just being Walt's original park and his literal baby, crafted around his vision while also recognizing a need for progress. I certainly think it's better than Magic Kingdom. I don't think DLR is better than WDW though.

Last edited:
This might a weird question to ask…but based on several observations I’ve made over the years on social media and other Disney fandom outlets some Disneyland fans seem to have an inferiority complex.

I feel like I always see digs being made and shade thrown at WDW ?

It’s just so odd to me considering a lot of them consider their resort the superior one. Can any one honestly give any insight into this ?
I mean as a resort WDW wins

but I prefer Disneyland over anyone one of the WDW parks. MK has bigger walk ways but less attractions and no fantasmic

I live near Disneyland and have gone so much I just see little reason to go to WDW when most rides are the same and many exclusive rides like Everest don’t even work correctly because of budgeting

but honestly if you live in Florida no reason to come to CA and vise versa unless you have lots of money to burn

Reactions: OrlLover
odd you mention that as I always see even WDW purists consider DL to be better than Magic Kingdom. I think it stems from just being Walt's original park and his literal baby, crafted around his vision while also recognizing a need for progress. I certainly think it's better than Magic Kingdom. I don't think DLR is better than WDW though.
That’s funny you mention that because I hardly see WDW fans talking crap about DL.

Each of the resorts have their pros and cons. I just get sick and tired of the park wars and the constant bickering on which is better.

exclusive rides like Everest don’t even work correctly because of budgeting
Budgeting has absolutely nothing to do with Everest's issues. It is the terrible infrastructure of the mountain & the ridiculous yeti animatronic. The only way to "fix" Everest would be to demolish it & rebuild correctly.

Now back to Disneyland, home if the Matterhorn! (where our abominable snowman functions)

I mean as a resort WDW wins

but I prefer Disneyland over anyone one of the WDW parks. MK has bigger walk ways but less attractions and no fantasmic

I live near Disneyland and have gone so much I just see little reason to go to WDW when most rides are the same and many exclusive rides like Everest don’t even work correctly because of budgeting

but honestly if you live in Florida no reason to come to CA and vise versa unless you have lots of money to burn
Unless you want to see Indiana Jones ride, the Matterhorn, the Storybook Canals, the Pinocchio ride, the Snow White ride, Alice in Wonderland ride, the Submarine voyage, Mr Toad, the Sleeping Beauty walk through, the complete Pirates, the holiday overlays of Haunted Mansion & It's A Small World..... and that doesn't even include the California Adventure unique rides like the Racers. :D

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
Unless you want to see Indiana Jones ride, the Matterhorn, the Storybook Canals, the Pinocchio ride, the Snow White ride, Alice in Wonderland ride, the Submarine voyage, Mr Toad, the Sleeping Beauty walk through, the complete Pirates, the holiday overlays of Haunted Mansion & It's A Small World..... and that doesn't even include the California Adventure unique rides like the Racers. :D
I would not spend the 1,500-2,000 dollars for those rides.

I think the amount of cloned attractions at each resort makes it where you don't have to go to the other unless you have money to burn

Do i want to ride Tron? Yes, is it worth the 2K for me to get and stay in Florida, nope I could go to another country for that.

My point is Disneyland is great and WDW is great in their own ways, I prefer the smaller Disneyland because everything is cheaper and closer together but some prefer WDW because they want to spend a week in different parks.

I would not spend the 1,500-2,000 dollars for those rides.

I think the amount of cloned attractions at each resort makes it where you don't have to go to the other unless you have money to burn

Do i want to ride Tron? Yes, is it worth the 2K for me to get and stay in Florida, nope I could go to another country for that.

My point is Disneyland is great and WDW is great in their own ways, I prefer the smaller Disneyland because everything is cheaper and closer together but some prefer WDW because they want to spend a week in different parks.
To each his own. We used to go every 3-4 years to Disneyland (well, and Knotts of course). We always managed to get a good deal on hotels, transportation so it didn't bankrupt us. I just love the feel of Disneyland. Our MK seems to ... well, I dunno... corporate? Somehow it manages to be so spread out and so crowded at the same time.

And the cycle begins again

Disney complains about too many AP's while not raising lower passes enough, and Passholder complain Disney is charging too much for too little while still buying them.

I’m so baffled as to why people are so adamant about renewing Magic Keys. It’s such a poor value. Really wish all of the Disney fans would rise up one day and just not renew.
I have a friend who is trying to adopt a new born and raised thousands online for the fee's.....while getting the Magic Key last year

Some Disney fans are just addicted to going. I'm more surprised Disney doesn't just double the prices just to see how many will still pay for it, I bet its more then we think

I have a friend who is trying to adopt a new born and raised thousands online for the fee's.....while getting the Magic Key last year

I'm sorry but that's infuriating. If you need to fundraise, maybe not buy the overpriced pass to go to a theme park if things are that tight. Those priorities are not what I think is reasonable.

So the top pass doesn't even include the week around Christmas. I don't see anything about the food and merch discounts. Are they still in the passes?

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Freak
Love the “less for more” approach, ha. I really wish the fans that had these would just stop renewing. I had a gut feeling something like this would happen, so I’m not too surprised.

The Inspire key somehow managed to create a "new" tier that addressed absolutely zero of the complaints about the previous tier.

My guess is that there is new wording in the contract for the Inspire (blech) tier. That is one of the issues that they are still up against in court with that lawsuit.

I'm sorry but that's infuriating. If you need to fundraise, maybe not buy the overpriced pass to go to a theme park if things are that tight. Those priorities are not what I think is reasonable.

So the top pass doesn't even include the week around Christmas. I don't see anything about the food and merch discounts. Are they still in the passes?
FOMO is a thing and bringing it up only to high light how some fans just are hooked to the parks.

side note, I obviously didn't donate money, lol

..... so anyway, I'm excited to renew lol

I think this just MAY be the last time though. The price is just ASTRONOMICAL at this point (I have Enchant). I remember it was maybe 10 years ago that the most expensive pass was less than $500 with more perks. On principle of that alone, it's time to part ways, but at least I get to do one last hurrah. A lot of my friends were renewing late into this last year though (and they only go when I go), so I can't just back out now, but this year will be a lot of me telling them all this is the last time I'm renewing and they can decide whatever.

Or maybe I'll change my mind again this time next year, we'll see lol