Disneyland Resort | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love Marvel but Hercules would be the better show

Hades is the perfect replacement for the Genie in terms of freedom of new jokes so APs can see it every few months and love it again

Plus Hercules just has one of the best soundtracks ever and is very diverse in its Musial arrangements

Reactions: Freak
A Hurcelues show would be amazing. I'm not really a live show guy but that would've been a spectacular production. Like Jarrod said, Hades would've been the perfect remedy for the Genie character from the Aladdin show. Man I miss it.

But no, of course they gotta go with the worst possible option. Do you really want to see a goofy 30-45 minute musical of the Avengers break dancing? Does no one remember Spiderman Rocks at USH? Just mentioning that gives me vietnam flashbacks.

But I low key liked that show as a ten year old when I saw it.

• Haha
Reactions: alias8703
It also speaks to a frightening lack of understanding of the purpose of the "Roger: The Musical" beat in the show. The fact that certain fans have been clamoring for it has me lamenting the lack of media literacy.
The only decent approach to doing this would be the classic theme park attraction gone bad trope: It begins in earnest as the cheesy stage show before being crashed by a villain and turning into a stunt show where the "real" Avengers come to save the day.

The only decent approach to doing this would be the classic theme park attraction gone bad trope: It begins in earnest as the cheesy stage show before being crashed by a villain and turning into a stunt show where the "real" Avengers come to save the day.

Now this is something I could get behind. But... I have a feeling we're going to get a wretched, played-straight production unbecoming of the characters, the theater, and the Disney standard. Of course, people will cheer.

Now this is something I could get behind. But... I have a feeling we're going to get a wretched, played-straight production unbecoming of the characters, the theater, and the Disney standard. Of course, people will cheer.
I can see this being corny as all heck...Corny sure didn't play well for Sindbad at Universal.

It also speaks to a frightening lack of understanding of the purpose of the "Roger: The Musical" beat in the show. The fact that certain fans have been clamoring for it has me lamenting the lack of media literacy.

Yeah, that's pretty much my thought of this. "Roger: The Musical" is a joke, one that has Clint leaving the theater as it got so many details wrong and ultimately feels like a mockery of everything he's been through.

This is not the kind of thing to make a full-blown musical of, trying to play a joke like this straight ain't gonna' work. It's not made for the Hyperion which Disney has touted it puts on Broadway-caliber shows in there, and Roger is not Broadway-caliber by any means.

Reactions: Legacy and Clive
Opens in the summer, pretty sure I’ll go this summer to Check out Mickey, TT, this and the new shows
while not as exciting as USH new lands, Disney is pumping money into at least this resort pretty well

Opens in the summer, pretty sure I’ll go this summer to Check out Mickey, TT, this and the new shows
while not as exciting as USH new lands, Disney is pumping money into at least this resort pretty well

Meh. The area needs a ride.

"to much fanfare"

They add more to the Haunted Mansion in two weeks than they're adding to this land.

At least it looks like they'll be adding a meet and greet space at the facade behind the Karl Strauss Beer Truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
If they take away the beer truck for a meet and greet then talk about a massive downgrade.
Depends on if they're building an interior behind that facade; there are plenty of other places to relocate the truck.

I just don't see how the rationale for this retheme. It's like someone who has never been to DCA though the area needed some I.P to make it more of a destination when the area is always packed. A meet in greet adjoining the crowded central food court area instead of replacing the consistently empty Bakery Tour is a baffling decision.

Lol

sometimes it’s funny when I’m the positive guy

people like themed pop ups right? So that’s what this is a big hero 6 area vs a generic Wharf (you can find plenty in CA)
It’s going to look much nicer at night, meet and greets have huge lines and the only negative could be the beer thing but that’s very much subjective because as someone who like hates the taste of beer it’s zero lost to me, when I’m pretty sure they have tons of other areas to get drinks now as well

just my two cents. I’m excited for it because I like the movie and will spend more time in the area now then before