Disneyland Resort | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In the terms of Rogers--please god no.

In the terms of San Fransokyo--what a poorly thought out IPification. Reading further into it, when BH6 debuted in 2015; the IP barely sold merchandise when it could. They're solely doing this, because of the Marvel Brand and that only; and it will not work. I want my DCA to shine bright like diamonds, not be transformed until it's turned into a fat IP pig.

Reactions: Freak

In the terms of San Fransokyo--what a poorly thought out IPification. Reading further into it, when BH6 debuted in 2015; the IP barely sold merchandise when it could. They're solely doing this, because of the Marvel Brand and that only; and it will not work. I want my DCA to shine bright like diamonds, not be transformed until it's turned into a fat IP pig.
Here's what they're looking at though - will BH6 sell more merch than is currently being sold in Pacific Wharf (which is pretty much none) along with the fact that BH6 isn't even really being asked to sell too much merch here. There's a M&G component, and then it's just Pacific Wharf as is (which is mostly a food court), just San Fransokyo. As far as doing it because of Marvel, I think that's being really cynical given most people don't know BH6 is a Marvel property. They're doing it because it sorta kinda very loosely (but not really) fits within the "California" theme.

I think it's lazy, but I get why the IP brains at Disney want to do it.

Reactions: alias8703

IPs are literally why DCA is what it is

this is much better then the PierPixar themed in my opinion

Reactions: Disneyhead
I just find this sorta lazy. I wish they invested in fixing Hollywoodland before changing an area that doesn't need to be changed with decor that looks meh. Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I just find this such an odd place to address in DCA. I hate to agree with DisTwitter complainers but unfortunately this time I sorta am

I just find this sorta lazy. I wish they invested in fixing Hollywoodland before changing an area that doesn't need to be changed with decor that looks meh. Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I just find this such an odd place to address in DCA. I hate to agree with DisTwitter complainers but unfortunately this time I sorta am
Hollywoodland getting revamped hinges on DL forward getting approved so they can use the transportation hub for the expansion.

It's not odd when you understand how Chapek ran the company (and this was approved under him and his IP mandate). It's a cheap way to say that DCA has something "new", just like when Paradise Pier was given the Pixar Pier treatment. There was no inherent reason for that other than to get known IP into the parks in place of an original land. This is the same. Big Hero 6 is more beloved by the average person than DCA's Pacific Wharf is and the overlay can be done for the summer.

It's the epitome of a project that is creatively bankrupt and lazy.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Freak
Hollywoodland getting revamped hinges on DL forward getting approved so they can use the transportation hub for the expansion.
So then it's never happening lol. I feel like if this is the case then a cheap project of similar scope to this could work for the time being

It's not odd when you understand how Chapek ran the company (and this was approved under him and his IP mandate). It's a cheap way to say that DCA has something "new", just like when Paradise Pier was given the Pixar Pier treatment. There was no inherent reason for that other than to get known IP into the parks in place of an original land. This is the same. Big Hero 6 is more beloved by the average person than DCA's Pacific Wharf is and the overlay can be done for the summer.

It's the epitome of a project that is creatively bankrupt and lazy.
Yeah, totally true. Oh well

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Tomorrow has needed to be redone for just as long but sadly they pushed for redoing splash

Reactions: Freak

homelander-hallway.gif

When it comes to the actual show it depends on the direction Disney takes with it. Will it be a legit show on par with Aladdin or Frozen or a parody like it was meant to be in Hawkeye? Although on plus side to doing Rogers the Musical is that it does present a nice transition from HL into Avengers Campus.

There is no way it’s going to be like in Hawkeye. Definitely a short pop musical. Could be a lot of fun and definitely helps with Avenger’s Campus. Would have preferred Encanto though.

There is no way it’s going to be like in Hawkeye. Definitely a short pop musical. Could be a lot of fun and definitely helps with Avenger’s Campus. Would have preferred Encanto though.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think I heard Encanto is skipping the parks and going straight to Broadway

When it comes to the actual show it depends on the direction Disney takes with it. Will it be a legit show on par with Aladdin or Frozen or a parody like it was meant to be in Hawkeye?
There is no way it’s going to be like in Hawkeye.

Here's the thing, and it's a very important one. Rodgers: The Musical is portrayed as a parody of a musical, an intentionally bad one. That is what people saw, and that is what people are clamoring for. If you try playing this musical straight by any means, that's not going to please the audience who wants to see it as I've seen quite a number of comments from folks who're hoping it's a corny mess and if it's anything other than absolute cringe...they want NONE of it.

This musical is in a very weird spot. In order to please those actually wanting this, it has to be bad. But there's definitely a question if people really want to sit through a bad musical for an hour, it's quite different than seeing a little bit gag in a TV show. But if they try taking this seriously, well that would be just as horribly misguided and missing the point as those who're wanting this to begin with.

I'm oddly interested in what this will turn out to be even though I know I probably shouldn't be lol.

I'm probably going to DLR/Knotts/USH in October to do a big Halloween trip so hopefully this is still playing then seeing as it says limited time. It was too bad there was no show playing when I went last year so it would be fun to at least see once, although yeah, this can't possibly be played straight, can it? It has to be a musical comedy that doesn't take itself seriously at all (based on what was seen in Hawkeye) or else it won't work.

There need to be a solid element of cheese to it that the audience buys into and accepts from the start.

I think y'all need to remember it's a "limited time" musical. That way if it's really bad, you can't be mad because it won't be there long. lol

Here's to hoping this is a placeholder for something more substantial. (Please Hercules)

Reactions: alomar
I think y'all need to remember it's a "limited time" musical. That way if it's really bad, you can't be mad because it won't be there long. lol

Here's to hoping this is a placeholder for something more substantial. (Please Hercules)
Yeah, probably dependent on reception it could turn from limited time to permanent or simply be a summer limited show or end at the finish of the year or something and no one can say it was a failure necessarily because it was always planned to be "limited time".

Hercules is currently playing at the Paper Mill Playhouse and is getting mixed reviews. With Encanto likely going to Broadway, I doubt Hercules will make it there, but they'd have to condense this current version down to make it work at DCA. Another possibility with Frozen now closed on Broadway is to bring that back to DCA.