Disneyland Resort | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

According to these two articles published after the DL Forward workshop today here are the remaining steps:

• February 2024: Planning Commission workshop, including development agreement overview
  • March 2024: Planning Commission hearing on DisneylandForward
  • April, May 2024: City Council hearings on DisneylandForward
If all goes to plan DL forward could have approval by May 2024.

I watched a portion of the meeting, and the council seemed perfectly content with the rezoning. They mostly asked questions about mitigating traffic, the community benefits proposals, and the proposal to change how taxes are collected from DVC rooms. I'm by no means an expert on tax laws, so I don't know how that would effect things, all it tells me is Disney is planning on expanding DVC offerings here. That tracks with recent developments in the park, as the little DVC kiosks are being expanded. Why the emphasis on DVC?

Either way, it looks extremely likely that Disneyland forward will...move forward, which I celebrate as an Anaheim local theme park nerd

I’m glad things look good but it’s going to be a while before we see anything new from the expansion pad. I hope that whatever they devote that space to it will be worth the wait and not be some lane clone of Frozen or Toy Story land. In fact, other than FoP, I hope we don’t get any clones.

I’m glad things look good but it’s going to be a while before we see anything new from the expansion pad. I hope that whatever they devote that space to it will be worth the wait and not be some lane clone of Frozen or Toy Story land. In fact, other than FoP, I hope we don’t get any clones.
Ditto. This is DL's chance to finally make something unique for disneyland and I'm pretty skeptical of the project for this exact reason.

Ditto. This is DL's chance to finally make something unique for disneyland and I'm pretty skeptical of the project for this exact reason.
Considering the timeframe on when DLR's hypothetical Avatar land would open, I am going to guess James Cameron will want to incorporate elements from the sequels. Instead of a clone of FOP, this could also be a great opportunity to dust off the plans for the original quinjet Avengers E ticket ride system assuming they were able to work out the kinks regarding capacity and other technical issues.

I think DCA will take priority for DL Forward over DL park considering DL already got the bulk of new additions for DLR.(SWGE,MMRR) While it would be cool to see exclusive lands for DLR, I am going to guess that in the (likely) situation if DCA were to get clones, it would be future lands that would be shared with DHS, like a Disney Animation area.

Reactions: chris.g
My high school marching band got to perform in the DL daytime parade that goes from IASW to Main Street. Fast forward 30 years later and now my daughter’s intermediate school’s Color Guard and marching band got to perform in the parade today.

If you’re not aware of the program, the school has to send in an audition tape and hope Disney selects your school to be a part of the parade. Such a proud parenting moment for me!

Sorry to sidetrack for a bit but has anyone else performed at a theme park before? I mentioned this in the SFMM thread that my high school’s show choir performed at the Golden Bear Theatre which they’re sadly tearing down now.

I don’t know how we got this gig or where exactly we performed but our show choir also performed at USF and that was my first and only visit to that park back in 1995 before IOA ever opened. I have very little memory of USF at that time other than the Jaws boat ride.

For Disney, it's the Magic Music Days program... and as far as I know, it's still going strong. Bands and choirs are welcome to perform. They also host separate events for dancers with the "Dance The Magic" program that also is a part of the Magic Music Days, though it's run by an independent vendor--but it's not usual for them to have 400-600 dancers in a single event.

Magic Music Days events are often done on the weekdays, so the parks can boost their attendance and spending (because performers and watching friends and family all have to pay a park admission) on what are usually slower days that offer fewer in-house entertainment, making it a bit of a win-win for everyone. Performers get the experience of performing at Disneyland, and guests in the park get an extra show.

Most of the theme parks offer opportunities for local groups to perform in some capacity. One friend of mine had her group perform on the old stage in the Fiesta Village area at Knott's. I myself had a group perform at USH on the old Blues Brothers stage as part of a similar program (nowadays, I believe the performances are usually on the Five Towers stage). And SFMM (as well as Knott's and occasionally even Sea World) often host dance and cheer events.

And in a bit of personal trivia, I performed in Disneyland Christmas parades for 3 years in the early 90s, back when it was still the Very Merry Christmas Parade. If I'm being honest, the experience really shaped me as a person, and I've never forgotten it. Really brought me out of my shell and gave me a lot more confidence.

Reactions: Stryker
It was a tier 1 day so $104 for a ticket. Students had to pay $136 to participate. You can’t use your AP or get any discounts if you have an AP.

Funny thing was they were the only group to participate. No other group ahead or behind them. They were literally the whole parade.

Funny thing was they were the only group to participate. No other group ahead or behind them. They were literally the whole parade.

That's actually often the case with Magic Music Days. Even if there's more than one band, they will usually go at different times during the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stryker
Hearing that the Haunted Mansion entrance gate was torn out as part of the queue refurbishments.
Ohhhh I’m torn

I’m sure it will be for the best but also unless I’m wrong those are the same gates from when it opened and it’s kinda a bummer they were taken out even if they are just moving them

Like I said, sure it’s for the best but still hurts when a classic attraction has to change something that had been there for 40+ years