Disneyland Resort | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally would LOVE to see all the fantasyland dark rides get a technological update on animatronics and effects. Would put our Fantasyland over-the-top. I'd also love for them to find a way to expand Peter Pan and make that ride longer. It's arguably the most popular fantasyland dark ride and probably the shortest....either eay, I wish it was longer! The feeling of flying OVER scenery is amazing. Wish more rides featured the over the head system.

Reactions: Zacharygof
I guess this will be a good time to finish my trip report:

Disneyland Resort - August 3, 2013 by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

So by now, it's already nightfall...

Having already experienced Star Tours last time, I decided to skip this one...

Funny story about Captain EO. I'd walked into this show without any preconceived notions on my last visit two years ago, and I walked out completely speechless. Literally, I was speechless. Not because it was good, but just...seeing Micheal Jackson...the bouncing.

Almost felt like an episode of the Twilight zone. Never expected to see this at Disney (and yeah, now I know the backstory of this show).

Packed.

Indiana Jones was a nice surprise. I've always wanted this type of attraction at Universal.

The Magical fireworks show was next. Even though it was nice seeing fireworks again, the show itself was not very good. I really had no idea what was happening half the time, and the show's ending felt...underwhelming. For a moment, I thought the Tinkerbell bit was a joke. I guess some nights are better than others.

World of Color, on the other hand, was amazing as always.

Something something Carthay Circle.

Returning back to Disneyland, we decided to hit up Pirates of the Caribbean.

Good ride. I'm surprised at how lax they are with seat restraints. I know it's perfectly safe, but it always feels unusual to be untethered.

Space Mountain was alright. Fun ride, but not much variation.

Untitled by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

...and I'll end this update with a photo of Tommy's - from the original shack no less!

Overall, it was a good experience. Always nice seeing something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... when you walked into Captain EO that one time, did you even know that it was from 1986? That's hilarious.  :lol:
I knew nothing about the attraction when I walked on - not even whether or not it was a ride or show.

Once I started to get my 3D glasses, I got the hint. But plot wise? Clueless all the way. I just kept thinking "this can't be right" throughout the show.

I've never bothered watching Captain EO. My friends that have seen it have just said it's downright weird. No hate to MJ, but I honestly have no interest in doing it. I remember back when I went as a kid and it was Honey! I Shrunk the Audience, but I felt too nauseous to do it. :(

It's pure 80s cheese... nothing quite else like it.
I agree! 80s nostalgia and cheeseeee. I like Captain EO. I'm an MJ fan so maybe that's why, but it's also just such primitive 3D and effects and storyline and dialogue that it amuses me. I enjoy it once every...err, 6 months lol. Angelica Huston's performance was interesting as well lol.

By the way, new effects in Indiana Jones. They changed the voice of the giant Mara statute in the beginning and added cool projection mapping onto it. Hopefully they continue to add new effects to the ride. It's my favorite ride but a few scenes in the ride are literally just black empty rooms and could be used for something else, and the rat effect doesn't cut it anymore...

By the way, new effects in Indiana Jones. They changed the voice of the giant Mara statute in the beginning and added cool projection mapping onto it. Hopefully they continue to add new effects to the ride. It's my favorite ride but a few scenes in the ride are literally just black empty rooms and could be used for something else, and the rat effect doesn't cut it anymore...
I really don't like the new voice of Mara. However, I do like the projections.

Yeah, that was a halfway victory for Imagineering. I guarantee the old voice will be soon returned, as it's so far been unanimously loathed by the Disney fan community so far.

I love the new projection effect. That was a great touch. The color scheme kinda reminded me of the ghost galaxy projections. I hope they continue adding new effects to Indiana Jones. I was disappointed that not much was added when it was closed for three months.

But yeah, the new voice of Mara? Horrible.....the old voice was perfect. They better bring it back....

I think maybe they changed the voice because the old one always sounded like a guy, when Mara is in fact a woman? Not sure. It was creepier before. Now it sounds like a Jamaican character from Family Guy. Also, you can barely hear the "threat". I do love the new effects in the "curtain of time" room.

Ill miss the smoke out of Mara's eyes, which barely worked lol.

Well, the male/female identity of Mara has been challenged a lot haha.

*sigh* can they just take us all out of our misery and just demolish Innoventions already?! 99% of everyone hates it and it's a literal huge waste of space. Those bulldozers can't come soon enough.

I'm not too stoked about Innoventions being scrapped. I totally love the idea of it being replaced by something new and exciting, but I feel like Tomorrowland will be anchored by this big, dirty mess of construction in the back for an extended period of time.

I'm totally stoked. Because dirty messy construction is more in theme of "improving for the future" and the future than the current out of date Best Buy-esk crap they have taking up VALUABLE space! I'd rather have construction that promises exciting future additions than have the same out of date and boring crap sticking around.

Same thing with Universal Plaza. Messy construction in the middle of the park is making way for something great. Same with all of DCA when it was in construction.