Disneyland Resort | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Excellent! Let's hope none of us end up in the red haha.
Id say statistically you have a good chance in ending in RED. But the good news if you don't care about Spiderman and RISE is your priority the Demand will shift to Spiderman so you should have less competition. It sucks but you can't do both so you have to choose. Unless you get very lucky.

Id say statistically you have a good chance in ending in RED. But the good news if you don't care about Spiderman and RISE is your priority the Demand will shift to Spiderman so you should have less competition. It sucks but you can't do both so you have to choose. Unless you get very lucky.

I have a park hopper for both days that I am going this week but I think I may just do one day each park and pace myself.

I have a park hopper for both days that I am going this week but I think I may just do one day each park and pace myself.
I think that might be a good strategy. I felt rushed one day with a park hopper. Also my schedule was a little wonky with a Lamplighter reservation then had to dash over to DL for my Rise group. I did too much back and forth that day.

I think that might be a good strategy. I felt rushed one day with a park hopper. Also my schedule was a little wonky with a Lamplighter reservation then had to dash over to DL for my Rise group. I did too much back and forth that day.

Yeah, we opted to get the park hoppers I think in theory (through AAA which gave a bit of a deal) but I think it'll be easier to pace the day not having to worry about leaving and coming back, etc.

Yeah, we opted to get the park hoppers I think in theory (through AAA which gave a bit of a deal) but I think it'll be easier to pace the day not having to worry about leaving and coming back, etc.

DCA in the morning until 1 PM is a mess. I’m unsure of how Avengers Campus will effect things, but I would start my day at DL and head to DCA in the afternoon if park hopping.

My two days over two separate weekends was the longest I’ve spent in the parks. Used to easily hit both parks using Maxpass in one day. It took a full day at each park to see everything under current operations.

Reactions: deadbydawn
DCA in the morning until 1 PM is a mess. I’m unsure of how Avengers Campus will effect things, but I would start my day at DL and head to DCA in the afternoon if park hopping.

My two days over two separate weekends was the longest I’ve spent in the parks. Used to easily hit both parks using Maxpass in one day. It took a full day at each park to see everything under current operations.

Thanks for the tip. We have 2 day park hoppers, which we kind of got on a whim instead of the one day one park tickets because it was a little cheaper through AAA. Initially we figured we'd spend one day in each but at least have the option to park hop if we wanted to. We'll be going post Avengers Campus opening and two days in a row so we'll see how that theme park endurance comes back. One of the days will be a weekday so hopefully that will be a little more manageable.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Hadn't heard this before! In what ways, would you say? Just so I can be prepared, that'll be my starting park.

Fewer attractions so the better rides get a long line right out the gate. I got in the park at 8:30 AM and had a 40 minute wait for Radiator Springs. Guardians had a 50 min wait after that, and even Monsters Inc. was at 45 min within the first two hours of park operations. Little Mermaid also had a 45 minute wait until 2 PM.

Fewer attractions so the better rides get a long line right out the gate. I got in the park at 8:30 AM and had a 40 minute wait for Radiator Springs. Guardians had a 50 min wait after that, and even Monsters Inc. was at 45 min within the first two hours of park operations. Little Mermaid also had a 45 minute wait until 2 PM.
Holy God, that was my exact plan of action as well. Luckily my main goal is WebSlingers and I'll be satisfied for the day, but I was hoping to hit RSR, Guardians, Monsters, (hoping to God WebSlingers reservation is early before 12 PM and fits here), and then heading to Pixar Pier until about 1 or 2, then hopping over to DL. Should I change something up?

Holy God, that was my exact plan of action as well. Luckily my main goal is WebSlingers and I'll be satisfied for the day, but I was hoping to hit RSR, Guardians, Monsters, (hoping to God WebSlingers reservation is early before 12 PM and fits here), and then heading to Pixar Pier until about 1 or 2, then hopping over to DL. Should I change something up?

Get to the park early (we lined up at 7:45 AM to get in and didn’t do so until after 8:30 AM). Do RSR > Monsters > Guardians. Monsters was a walk on as we passed it to go on Guardians and when we got off it was 45 minutes. Guardians stays around a consistent 45/50 minutes throughout the day.

I don’t know if you’ll have time for Pixar Pier if you are also hitting Avengers Campus and Spider-man.

For DL, use the Indy VQ as it’s a great way to save time. I also recommend hitting Fantasyland the last hour of the day as most of those will be walk on and Snow White only 10 min max.

Get to the park early (we lined up at 7:45 AM to get in and didn’t do so until after 8:30 AM). Do RSR > Monsters > Guardians. Monsters was a walk on as we passed it to go on Guardians and when we got off it was 45 minutes. Guardians stays around a consistent 45/50 minutes throughout the day.

I don’t know if you’ll have time for Pixar Pier if you are also hitting Avengers Campus and Spider-man.

For DL, use the Indy VQ as it’s a great way to save time. I also recommend hitting Fantasyland the last hour of the day as most of those will be walk on and Snow White only 10 min max.
Great looking out, I'll change up my game plan to hit Fantasyland last. I heard the Indy VQ is hard to get into, any tips for that?
I suspect I may be able to hit at least Incredicoaster if I can do RSR, Monsters, and Guardians by 10 AM. Ideally getting a ride in on Goofy as well.
I may sacrifice trying the Pym Tasting Lab's Cinna-Pym Toast, I wanna maximize my morning time as much as possible if it's the best to rides in.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Great looking out, I'll change up my game plan to hit Fantasyland last. I heard the Indy VQ is hard to get into, any tips for that?
I suspect I may be able to hit at least Incredicoaster if I can do RSR, Monsters, and Guardians by 10 AM. Ideally getting a ride in on Goofy as well.
I may sacrifice trying the Pym Tasting Lab's Cinna-Pym Toast, I wanna maximize my morning time as much as possible if it's the best to rides in.

We did Rise around 10:30ish and jumped in the VQ for Indy after. Our group wasn’t called until around 1:30. Also, keep in mind it’s still a 25 minute wait once you enter the queue. The convenience is that you’re in a “line” to enter a shorter line while you can still hit other attractions.

Definitely start your day with RSR if you have to begin in DCA. Again, we went there first thing around 8:40ish for a 40 min wait, but heard an announcement about 20 min in that the queue had jumped to 2 hrs for those just entering.

Goofy had a 30 min wait posted when we rode in the afternoon but it really only took 15 min. This was a common theme throughout our visits: either the line was exactly the estimated time or half. You should have decent luck with GooFy, TSMM, and Incredicoaster since those were loading at a higher capacity.

Did you park at Mickey & Friends? I've heard you can line up there pretty early, but I've also heard they have turned cars away if you're too early.

Did you park at Mickey & Friends? I've heard you can line up there pretty early, but I've also heard they have turned cars away if you're too early.
I did mickey and friends but I think they let you line up around 7:45 am. Maybe earlier on weekends but we went on a monday and we go there right when the opened up for line up. booths don't open til 8:00 am. I know things change day to day so there may be better info out there but as a few weeks ago that was the situation at Mickey and Friends.

Reactions: deadbydawn
We parked at Gardenwalk on Harbor.
I did mickey and friends but I think they let you line up around 7:45 am. Maybe earlier on weekends but we went on a monday and we go there right when the opened up for line up. booths don't open til 8:00 am. I know things change day to day so there may be better info out there but as a few weeks ago that was the situation at Mickey and Friends.

Thanks! I'll be there Sunday and initially I was planning on being at M&F around 7:45 or so. If Gardenwalk is a cheaper option maybe I'll just do that instead.