Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Floridians who want a better Disney park.

Honestly, this is why I want to go. I haven't been since 2016 and that was the only time I was able to go. I love WDW's overall feel but Disneyland is so enjoyable and has all the dark rides in Fantasyland. So, I wouldn't really miss all the other stuff and RotR has a the boarding group lottery as well. If I could get a boarding pass at Disney World's, I'd probably go purchase an actual lottery ticket since my luck was doing so well.

No chance for out of state ticket deals, right? Going for three days in October, and was about to buy the tickets.

Disneyland Resort 3-Day 1-Park - MemberDeals

For CA residents, I found a better deal than the recent 3-day for $249.

Disneyland Resort - California Resident Offer - MemberDeals

You may have to sign up for a free Travelzoo account and click through the link below first, but they have 2-5 day tickets and parkhopper options.

Disneyland is Open: 2-Day Admission | Travelzoo

DCA is having the Halloween event this year, everything from before but no WOC show...so I'll skip this year

Disneyland will have Halloween fireworks on weekends starting in September as well and HM will get its overlay per the norm

Jungle Cruise is having a soft opening...the original ride is not doubt better in my mind but this isn't the worst...like if I didn't grow up with the original this would be fine but I didn't so I will miss the Natives attacking....yeah its not PC but is more memorable then what they added

Trip report time! Went to Disneyland proper all day on the 9th with my sister. This was my first time going back since Covid started so I have never gone to the park with the mask mandates in place. Going back here felt like I was back in 2019! Here are some takeways:

-Rise of the Resistance boarding pass situation: I tried for the 7am slot at my house. Didn't get it. My sister didn't participate in trying to get one and I had the wifi on and still had all of my apps running in the background; it resulted in the page taking four seconds to load (Which is WAY too much time) and ended up getting shut out. Fast forward to twelve noon. Got seated with my lunch at El Rancho by Big Thunder. Me and my sister have our phones ready. We both made sure that wifi was off and all of our apps were shut off. We got in! My phone still was loading a little bit but my sis was able to snag 'em! We were group 146. Note that during none of these attempts I tried to refresh the app. I tapped in and out of the VQ window but never refreshed the app. When it was our time, the ride broke when we were right before the hall before boarding the main ride where the stormtrooper AAs by the control panel were. We got evac'd out though the door getting a nice backstage tour of the scenic and the cast member breakroom. They scanned our ticket and we got in again once the ride was up and running again. Everything was working perfectly on the ride except for the gun turret scene. Oh well. We enjoyed it. The ride broke down twice the day we went.

-Single rider is back! This saved us big time when we wanted to do Matterhorn and Splash Mt. Also noticed some of the AAs looked better on Splash, more specifically Brier Rabbit and the Owl at the very, very end of the ride. Felt that was odd considering the ride's days are numbered. "Mine cart" Brier Rabbit wasn't working though.

-El Rancho by Big Thunder is back open (My favorite lunch spot at DL), but only the section where the tacos and burritos would be made. They served the tostadas and the enchiladas, but they didn't serve the carne asada with tortilla (Which was my favorite dish. Rip.) I got the taco trio, which was pretty good! I noticed the third taco was no longer carnitas but cauliflower tacos. I miss the carnitas. I would've been more than willing to shell out another 2 or 3 bucks for a fourth taco with carnitas. Well, at least i got more veggies in, so there is that. :lol:

-I got to do Snow White! I gave a more in-depth review on the Snow White redo thread, but I'll just say I was very pleased with it!

-Didn't get to do Jungle Cruise as I didn't have time and wanted to prioritize other rides. I'll watch the changes later on YT.

-I noticed they significantly cut down the Indy queue video. What's up with that? Now it's just an annoying safety spiel on a loop. Kinda hate how they got rid of the backstory for this ride. Also, the snake is looking really sad. They could've at least taken the time to spruce him up during the closure. That thing moved viciously when it opened in the 90's. Now it barely moves. This ride needs some TLC again.

-Lines seemed to move a bit faster without FP.

-I liked the new section at the Haunted Mansion boarding area. Looks great!

-Finally, they added some grapes and hummus with pretzels at the Fronteirland snack stand by the Riverboat entrance. Glad to see they're adding some healthier options so I got some grapes with my chimichanga. That should help my diet, right? :grin:

Overall had a pretty good day at Disney! It was great to be back.

Does anyone know about the rumored Halloween overlay for Radiator Springs Racers? Before the pandemic, I thought it was just a fake rumor that was out there. But it was also mentioned in a recent FreshBaked video and how it's not coming to DCA this year.

Does anyone know about the rumored Halloween overlay for Radiator Springs Racers? Before the pandemic, I thought it was just a fake rumor that was out there. But it was also mentioned in a recent FreshBaked video and how it's not coming to DCA this year.
If its coming its not coming this year

I mean we had rumors of Toy story getting Holiday overlays and that...for some reason never happened and that would cost a one time fee and literally after that just be something they turn on and off...so not clue why they haven't done that. As for Cars, I would loveeeeeee it but won't get my hopes up until I see something official which wont happen for over a year

Things are not good this morning. Was in a virtual line for Oogie Boogie Bash for over an hour, received an error on checkout, and was still charged. Checking twitter shows that is the common experience.

Seth from the Unofficial Guides is over at the resort, and he did provide some handy updates of attraction reopening's. One that's already happened, and one that's scheduled to return this winter!

Seth from the Unofficial Guides is over at the resort, and he did provide some handy updates of attraction reopening's. One that's already happened, and one that's scheduled to return this winter!

I was hoping Nemo’s Subs would be permanently closed. It’s time for Memo to visit Davy Jones’ Locker.

I was hoping Nemo’s Subs would be permanently closed. It’s time for Memo to visit Davy Jones’ Locker.
Sadly I think any plans for Tommorrowland 3.0 are wayyy off. Mickey is next, maybe a new Play for the Fantasyland Theater and Splash along with DCA getting some new things here and there but Nemo will be around for 3-5 more years i'd guess

Even further off, if they really build that third gate. I feel like a 3.0 is just not in the cards or even on their minds, for whatever reason. I think the only way we'll see a 3.0 is if the third gate plans fall through somehow. I give it 10 years minimum.

Even further off, if they really build that third gate. I feel like a 3.0 is just not in the cards or even on their minds, for whatever reason. I think the only way we'll see a 3.0 is if the third gate plans fall through somehow. I give it 10 years minimum.
I mean, I think the city wont let them anyway but would love the city to call their bluff. Disney pushed hard for this but who knows if they'd wanted to spend the money....even if it would easily make its money back

Just out of curiosity, is anyone going to buy the 3-day California ticket offer that lasts till the end of September? Or are you holding out for the new APs? I've decided to wait it out as I have a feeling they are a few months away from announcing them.