Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I was worried when I saw fresh naked video on this
Thought she was going to be taken out but this sounds good to me

If Jessica doesn't get the "Oh my god it's DIIIIIP" line in this revamp, I will be personally dissapointed. :whoo:
What?! Am I the only one that thinks this reads as parody?

I mean, I get it. Jessica Rabbit has had more of a cultural impact than anything else in this movie (this many decades out anyways). But, this whole thing just seems weird. I love Toontown, so I’m all for anything to make Toontown better.

I mean, I get it. Jessica Rabbit has had more of a cultural impact than anything else in this movie (this many decades out anyways). But, this whole thing just seems weird. I love Toontown, so I’m all for anything to make Toontown better.
I'm cool with it if Roger gets the Snow White and Alice treatment. But the way the description is worded makes me think they are going to tone down her body, which might play into the stereotype that overly attractive women aren't intelligent, or that women have to present a certain way in order to be perceived as intelligent. It also wouldn't make sense with her nature as a femme fatale, but I doubt this attraction cares about adherence to noir tropes.

EDIT: And if they're editing this ride, which no one had any issues with, they're probably editing anything else with even a sliver of an issue. Just not in any order that makes sense.

EDIT 2: But also, if the ride is still open, this doesn't sound like that drastic of a refresh?

Last edited:
I haven't been on the ride, and it's been a few years since watching a ride video, but aren't the guests in the attraction essentially in the shoes of Eddie Valiant?

So is the new "storyline" making the attraction something of a sequel to the movie? If so, that kind of has to ignore the ending of the film, where the heavy implication is that Eddie will be back taking jobs in Toontown again. Would Jessica really want to compete with the private detective who just saved Toontown from Judge Doom's scheme?

Want to make Jessica less of a damsel in the ride? Fairly acceptable and understandable (even though it's accurate for the climax of the movie). I don't see why that change requires wholesale tinkering with the backstory of the attraction, though.

I'm cool with it if Roger gets the Snow White and Alice treatment. But the way the description is worded makes me think they are going to tone down her body, which might play into the stereotype that overly attractive women aren't intelligent, or that women have to present a certain way in order to be perceived as intelligent. It also wouldn't make sense with her nature as a femme fatale, but I doubt this attraction cares about adherence to noir tropes.

EDIT: And if they're editing this ride, which no one had any issues with, they're probably editing anything else with even a sliver of an issue. Just not in any order that makes sense.

EDIT 2: But also, if the ride is still open, this doesn't sound like that drastic of a refresh?

The issue I have with this is that the movie was supposed to be a satire throwback of the old detective movies. If they want to put less emphasis on sex appeal, fine but the main characters were Roger Rabbit and Eddie Valiant. Thus, put Jessica and Roger at the same level and importance.

I think that I took a big drink of Grumpy Juice. Or Dopey. The both are close.

I haven't been on the ride, and it's been a few years since watching a ride video, but aren't the guests in the attraction essentially in the shoes of Eddie Valiant?

So is the new "storyline" making the attraction something of a sequel to the movie? If so, that kind of has to ignore the ending of the film, where the heavy implication is that Eddie will be back taking jobs in Toontown again. Would Jessica really want to compete with the private detective who just saved Toontown from Judge Doom's scheme?

Want to make Jessica less of a damsel in the ride? Fairly acceptable and understandable (even though it's accurate for the climax of the movie). I don't see why that change requires wholesale tinkering with the backstory of the attraction, though.
The thing about the movie is that it played on the tropes on film noir. The ride is supposed to compliment that. Of course there's going to be a damsel in distress plot like the finale of the movie had, but even then in the movie, she wasn't portrayed as weak. I could see the issue if she came across as too sexualized, but I can't imagine that would require a total retooling of the whole ride's plot? Wouldn't that require some minor adjustments? This just comesacross as Disney scrutinizing for fault and trying to fix it.

This is just weird. Nobody was asking for this or complaining about this. Disney will continue to keep fixing stuff that isn't broken and leave stuff broken that should be fixed **coughcoughTomorrowlandcoughcough**

This is just weird. Nobody was asking for this or complaining about this. Disney will continue to keep fixing stuff that isn't broken and leave stuff broken that should be fixed **coughcoughTomorrowlandcoughcough**
Or that Avengers attraction

EDIT:

EDIT 2: I though the interview at this link with one of the ride's designers was neat. Interesting anecdotes about the scene with Jessica Rabbit tied up, the budget being slashed by half to 22 million dollars, and how the removal of the outdoor track improved the ride.

Last edited:
The thing about the movie is that it played on the tropes on film noir. The ride is supposed to compliment that. Of course there's going to be a damsel in distress plot like the finale of the movie had, but even then in the movie, she wasn't portrayed as weak. I could see the issue if she came across as too sexualized, but I can't imagine that would require a total retooling of the whole ride's plot? Wouldn't that require some minor adjustments? This just comesacross as Disney scrutinizing for fault and trying to fix it.

I agree but also can't complain

Roger hasn't been updated since it opened almost 20 years ago. So I'm happy this is a excuse to update it but I do agree that we have REAL issues in the parks and they just wont touch those.

That being said most people like the changes on JC, Snow White, Alice, Pirates, Philharmagic and so on. But yeah no clue how Hollywoodland and Tomorrowland are just ignored

What are the crowds like in Disneyland right now? I'm thinking about doing an impromptu trip next week...

I’ve been checking wait times periodically on the weekends and noticed it’s pretty mild.

Wondering something similar for December. Noticed all Magic Keys except the highest tier are blocked Saturdays. Wondering if it’s worth going on a Sat. in Dec. to see Xmas offerings since MKs are mostly blocked and the pricing tier is outrageous ($150 for 1 day).

I’ve been checking wait times periodically on the weekends and noticed it’s pretty mild.

Wondering something similar for December. Noticed all Magic Keys except the highest tier are blocked Saturdays. Wondering if it’s worth going on a Sat. in Dec. to see Xmas offerings since MKs are mostly blocked and the pricing tier is outrageous ($150 for 1 day).

As we get more into the different holiday seasons, I am curious to know how people with the Magic Keys (especially those with the tiers that allow for weekend days) are liking them. I've seen a few people online who were bummed they couldn't go on a Saturday here or there already so I am wondering if that will get worse as we head deeper into October and December.

This is a big reason why I refused to get the Magic Keys in their current form. I don't want to have to make reservations to go. I want to be able to go whenever I want on an available day. It sucks trying to go with a friend or two only to find out "Whoops! Reservations are gone for the day you want to go!" I'm gonna wait until at least next year when (Hopefully) these restrictions ease off.

Yeah, this is why I’m sticking to going twice a year rather than getting a MK pass. IMO MK a passes don’t offer the value the old AP system had.

Are you guys saying a Sat in Dec will be insane, even with MK passes blocked?

While dates are filling up, if Disney isn't selling enough normal tickets they will let more MK people go. We have seen them in the past have sold out days and then a week before more MK slots are open. I think Disney is just hoping they sell out on normal tickets and if not then like MK in

Does anyone know when dining reservations open online? I’ve been having trouble finding this information or a good guide online.