Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Does anyone know when dining reservations open online? I’ve been having trouble finding this information or a good guide online.

It says 60 days but from my experience it’s closer to 30. It’s also pretty random when they are released. Blue Bayou, Oga’s, and Trader Sam’s all released them on different days/times. I had alerts set using mouse dining and was checking daily.

It says 60 days but from my experience it’s closer to 30. It’s also pretty random when they are released. Blue Bayou, Oga’s, and Trader Sam’s all released them on different days/times. I had alerts set using mouse dining and was checking daily.

Thanks for the heads up, also got this message from a CM on the app:

Hi there! Not all locations are booking 60 days out. Inventory can show up at any time up to 60 days prior to the reservation date. There is no set time of day for reservations to be made available, but they are usually sometime in the morning. Occasionally launches can happen in the afternoon. You should check back for reservation opportunities as reservations can be cancelled by other Guests and put back into inventory at any time.

I’ll just keep checking for the next month. Not planning on going unless I can get some dining reservations, so no worries!

Anyone know why the red car trolley hasn’t returned? It was on the closed list for the longest time and now there’s no mention of it anywhere.

Anyone know why the red car trolley hasn’t returned? It was on the closed list for the longest time and now there’s no mention of it anywhere.
My guess is they don’t want to pay for it to run

doesn’t get lines and not really a huge fan favorite.

trams I’d guess would come back before the trolley

Has it ran at all since Avengers Campus opened? I know the maintenance/storage area for the trolley is literally directly behind the main Avengers HQ building.

Personally I have never really cared for the trolley. I think it's adds a nice movement to Buena Vista Street but I find it gets in the way more than anything else haha.
My guess is they don’t want to pay for it to run

doesn’t get lines and not really a huge fan favorite.

trams I’d guess would come back before the trolley

Speaking of the trams, it is absolutely insane to me that they still haven't returned.

Yeah, the trolleys are the biggest waste of time, there's nothing special feeling about them at all. The Main Street transports have a certain unique quality about them though, while nothing extraordinary, at least they were small enough to not always be in the way. If they didn't come back, I'd be fine with it. For ambience sake, it'd be cool to have 2-3 parked along the tracks. One in the front entrance, one somewhere in Hollywoodland and uh... well, I guess that's it.

To people who bought the Magic Keys, besides the fact Disney plays with date numbers. What are people's thought's on Genie Plus?

From what I've seen no option to have it year round and some rides might on most days be locked out unless you pay 15-20 bucks.

This system makes sense for WDW but for locals, this seems like a really bad system

To people who bought the Magic Keys, besides the fact Disney plays with date numbers. What are people's thought's on Genie Plus?

From what I've seen no option to have it year round and some rides might on most days be locked out unless you pay 15-20 bucks.

This system makes sense for WDW but for locals, this seems like a really bad system
I don’t see myself buying it unless I’m with friends and doing a 8am-12am trip. Don’t see local MKs buying into it since most stay, on average, half of an operating day and return times for the good rides may be gone already. However, I do see some MK people, especially families, buying into the paid lightning lane for Rise if the standby line is say, over 120min.

I’m resolute on going twice a year and splurging on a great day instead of buying a MK. I’ll definitely be getting Genie+ and a Rise lightning lane if it starts up by my trip in December.

If you want to use Lightning Lane and Genie+, that's great. More power to you.

However, if you're upset about Disney's Fastpass replacement but cave into using the Lightning Lane and Genie+, you're only telling Disney, "Hey! I loved being sucked dry of my money! Charge me MORE Mickey!" It's kind of discouraging to me how many people are willing shell out the big bucks to pay for a far inferior "Annual Pass" that hardly lets them go at all and charges you to use a service that has been free since 1999.

I was an AP holder right before the shutdowns, but think I'll just stick with the SoCal Pass they usually have around February. But even then, they'll probably axe that as well. Coming to DL is starting to become such an unpleasant experience with boarding passes, having to pay extra for "Fastpass"....it feels more corporate and draining that magical.

If you want to use Lightning Lane and Genie+, that's great. More power to you.

However, if you're upset about Disney's Fastpass replacement but cave into using the Lightning Lane and Genie+, you're only telling Disney, "Hey! I loved being sucked dry of my money! Charge me MORE Mickey!" It's kind of discouraging to me how many people are willing shell out the big bucks to pay for a far inferior "Annual Pass" that hardly lets them go at all and charges you to use a service that has been free since 1999.

It’s crazy, isn’t it? I know quite a few people who bemoaned the Magic Key prices and limitations… who have been absolutely vocal about their disdain for the end of Fast Pass and the arrival of Genie+ and Lightning Lane… who keep saying exactly what you said, that Disney is stripping away a certain essence we’ve come to know and replacing it with something more empty…

…and yet all of them ended up shrugging and saying, “But whaddya gonna do about it?” and have shelled out for the most expensive Magic Keys (that they’re now struggling to use) and fighting everyone else to get tickets for special events and this and that. If they’re happy despite their complaints, fine, I’m glad, but man, it really sucks to see Disney being rewarded anyway by so many people who claim to hate all the changes.

Checking in on Genie+. Saw people posting about their experience with it today at WDW. Any word on when DL’s getting it?

Disneyland today increased prices on all multi day tickets and parkhopper multi days. They also increased parking rates at the hotel resorts and the parks.
Additionally, they suspended sales of the top tier Annual Pass, which is the only AP that had unrestricted visits.

I'm just so glad I went when I did, got a nice little deal and saved at least 100 bucks going back a month ago.

Insane people just keep going at these rates when WOC, Parades and Fantasmic are all down along with Fireworks only on weekends....like Disney is going to cut so much after the Pandemic with results like this

I think the halt in Dream Key sales is temporary as they still have it listed on their website with the included benefits. Could return at a higher price point though.