Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I really have no interest in returning to the park unless they offer some sort of deal. It's just not worth it at these prices.
Prices plus reservation and genie complicated visits and touring. Disney has 'taken the fun out' of touring a theme park. You really can't leisurely visit and tour a Disney park anymore.
Universal has a real opening here, just as long as they don't let their 'techies' do the same as Disney.

Avengers 'Campus plus this was really just the nail in the coffin for me. Add to that the exciting future USH seems to have ahead in comparison, I'm just really disappointed in what seems like an unattainable leisurely day for locals with absolutely nothing new worth my time. Unless my out of state friends visit or my family really wants to go, I dont see the point in wasting that much.

We're planning a trip to California the first week of December. Thinking about doing Disneyland and DCA the 2nd and 3rd. Looks like Disneyland is closing at midnight most nights that month. But on Thursday the 2nd it's closing at 10pm instead. Any locals have insight for the earlier closing that day? Could we expect lower crowds that day as a result? Thanks

We're planning a trip to California the first week of December. Thinking about doing Disneyland and DCA the 2nd and 3rd. Looks like Disneyland is closing at midnight most nights that month. But on Thursday the 2nd it's closing at 10pm instead. Any locals have insight for the earlier closing that day? Could we expect lower crowds that day as a result? Thanks
No inside on why

But why yes it will be less crowded than the weekend....I think pretty much all of that month is going to be at the very least 6/10 on crowd levels if not more. We also do not know how the new Genie Plus will effect ride times until next month.

Thank you. I reached out on TripAdvisor and sounds like it may be due to rehearsals for the Candlelight Processional the following weekend.

No inside on why

But why yes it will be less crowded than the weekend....I think pretty much all of that month is going to be at the very least 6/10 on crowd levels if not more. We also do not know how the new Genie Plus will effect ride times until next month.
When does DL genie release?

Yeah, just like with WoC, it's never a quick recovery if electrical/control rooms get flooded. An when one is holding off on replacing decades old tech, unfortunately that can bite them hard if something like this happens.

So with IASW possibly down long term, part of me feels once ToonTown goes under it's year long refurb in March, they'll be closing off more than just TT since that northern section is gonna' be dead for a while, sans any possible shows in the Fantasyland Theater.

So my brother has 2 free comp tickets that expire 12/17, but he can no longer go so he gave them to me. They're both park hopper tickets, but he could only get a reservation for DCA only for this Friday. I really want to go on RotR.

Currently, there's no availability for December, but the availability changes frequently throughout the day. If one pops up for "Either Park Available" or "Disneyland Park Available as Starting Park", I'd have to cancel my current reservations to try to get reservations that include DL Park. There's a possibility that while making new reservations, the DL Park option becomes no longer available and then I'd be stuck with no reservations.

I'm wondering how strict the turnstile CMs are if I hold my current DCA only reservation and try to enter DL at 1:00 pm that day. I could play dumb and say, "but these are park hopper tickets" or "the reservation system is so confusing." Do you think they'd possibly let me enter DL with a park hopper ticket that has a DCA only reservation? Or should I gamble if a DL opening pops up by releasing the current reservation and hope for the best.

Again, tickets expire 12/17 so I only have so many days to make use of these tickets. Thanks for any input!