Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Just wow, CA had a surplus last year and the City gets insane amount of taxes from the parks alone and now they want to Tax people more? They either need better leadership or I don't want to see one single issue from this city ever after having this much money going to the city.

Just wow, CA had a surplus last year and the City gets insane amount of taxes from the parks alone and now they want to Tax people more? They either need better leadership or I don't want to see one single issue from this city ever after having this much money going to the city.
Ah, yes. Just what California needs: More taxes. Sounds like they’re trying to recoup that lost money from the shutdowns. I can’t imagine this going over well with everyone.

Ah, yes. Just what California needs: More taxes. Sounds like they’re trying to recoup that lost money from the shutdowns. I can’t imagine this going over well with everyone.
Like it shouldn't take long to get back what they need.

Its to me a joke that the city wants more money though, like they should easily have more then enough each year and then be saving money....you know like what the government tells every person to do....if we can do it then they should be as well

I mean, Florida does have a similar thing - it's how they are able to have 0% income tax. Florida collects tourist dollars to wipe away the income tax from people who live there. The problem with this is it's not a statewide measure, it's only Anaheim, so you'll still have to pay income tax + tax (on top of the tax that you already pay) if you want to go to Disneyland, a concert, a hockey game in Anaheim, etc.

I do think that as FreshBaked put it, this is a shoe to fall from the recent mayor scandal and by doing this, it makes it look like the city is taking a stand against Disneyland (even though it's the guests who pay the price). I think with the scandal that happened, if we want to see Disneyland Forward happen, this is a means to that end happening over time.

I mean, Florida does have a similar thing - it's how they are able to have 0% income tax. Florida collects tourist dollars to wipe away the income tax from people who live there. The problem with this is it's not a statewide measure, it's only Anaheim, so you'll still have to pay income tax + tax (on top of the tax that you already pay) if you want to go to Disneyland, a concert, a hockey game in Anaheim, etc.

I do think that as FreshBaked put it, this is a shoe to fall from the recent mayor scandal and by doing this, it makes it look like the city is taking a stand against Disneyland (even though it's the guests who pay the price). I think with the scandal that happened, if we want to see Disneyland Forward happen, this is a means to that end happening over time.
Great for Florida....don't think this in anyway is going to make the people in the city even have a zero percent income tax....if it did then id be for it. But all I see is them wanting to tax me more for almost no benefits.

If I was Disney, I'd call the bluff most people want the third park and that should be enough new tax dollars to help the city.

Well Disney will lobby against it i'm sure. It's a ballot initiative so it's up to residents to vote yes or no in November.
I hope they lobby hard, this is such a BS tax. Literally as a CA resident we do not need any more taxes, we pay more then enough.

I hope they lobby hard, this is such a BS tax. Literally as a CA resident we do not need any more taxes, we pay more then enough.
Gonna tell ya right now, Anaheim residents aint exactly fond of the Big Dis in their neighborhood... this tax might be a bit of a convenience to them, who already receive a hefty discount/ pass to the parks

Gonna tell ya right now, Anaheim residents aint exactly fond of the Big Dis in their neighborhood... this tax might be a bit of a convenience to them, who already receive a hefty discount/ pass to the parks
How Dare Disney do stuff in the city they literally put on the make...67 years ago.....literally maybe 100 residents left that were in the city before Disney

The city is clean and pretty wonderful around the park, its a grass is always green thing. If Disney could just leave that city would die

Lastly, you'd think the people of CA would have learned we can pump as many taxes into things as we want...nothing changes. So taxes in CA are just so the state or city can collect more and in no way improve life

um their neighborhood didn’t exist when Disney was built. People who live there now should know what they are getting into.

um their neighborhood didn’t exist when Disney was built. People who live there now should know what they are getting into.
Yeah, but Disneyland isn't the city council, the people of Anaheim are. Urban Planning puts their input first before the input of Disneyland.

It's not even about buying, it makes no sense to say a 2 percent tax then you can have a third theme park

There is zero correlation. If the people want the third park fine and if not fine but if you want a tax just to make a third park it makes no sense. If your against it what the hell is a 2 percent tax going to do to to make it better? That's my issue , also while the people should have say in the city, this city is only as nice as it is because Disney....period if not it would be just more LA dirty, unsafe and half the businesses would not longer exist

...the amount of time they spend on them to stay current to me is an insane waste of time/life
I mean, it's their job. Just like any other job self-employed job, you need to invest time and money into it to see a return, work out partnerships (in their case with sponsors), and be sustainable and also eventually end up among the invited media with Disney and potentially Universal, Sea World, Six Flags, Knotts', etc.

Just like any other well paying job (the big vloggers/influencers do get paid very good), you have to put in effort to get rewarded. So while you see it as a waste of time/life since you assumably aren't doing that stuff and just go to the parks to have fun, for others, it's a way of life and how they pay their bills and provide. It's also not an easy path to choose, especially if you want to be a daily vlogger, as many feel as if they always have to be "on" since they're always filming parts of their life. To me, it seems like something that would make me incredibly jaded with the parks so it takes the right kind of personality to succeed.