Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I mean, it's their job. Just like any other job self-employed job, you need to invest time and money into it to see a return, work out partnerships (in their case with sponsors), and be sustainable and also eventually end up among the invited media with Disney and potentially Universal, Sea World, Six Flags, Knotts', etc.

Just like any other well paying job (the big vloggers/influencers do get paid very good), you have to put in effort to get rewarded. So while you see it as a waste of time/life since you assumably aren't doing that stuff and just go to the parks to have fun, for others, it's a way of life and how they pay their bills and provide. It's also not an easy path to choose, especially if you want to be a daily vlogger, as many feel as if they always have to be "on" since they're always filming parts of their life. To me, it seems like something that would make me incredibly jaded with the parks so it takes the right kind of personality to succeed.
I understand

And great for the few bloggers that can make enough to not have a realm Job

But most have a job then blogging. Like you said they also have to be on all the time which sounds exhausting.
Not crapping on them but I was just saying they don’t need a tax, they have enough things going on

I guess Disney must not be having a hard time finding people...if they have have this rule inplace
Idk, people always need jobs.

I wanted to work opening day at Epic Universe pre Covid and now I am working from home full time. Peoples lives change. This policy, seems… fine. I understand massive corporations can’t be overly flexible or thousands of employees would take advantage of that.

Not a very good look for Disney and it’s not like they aren’t other employers out there looking for employees and they don’t have these crazy rules.
I agree

It also lends to the "no one wants to work" BS we hear....people want to work but with many companies making up new rules and not raising pay when profits are up are the real factors but companies keep making working conditions worst and are surprised they can't hire as many people as before/the best workers out there

Forgive me but I’m about to ask an insanely stupid question here. I bought tickets to go to Disneyland proper (No park hopping) and made sure I selected it for DL when asked what park I wanted to visit. In this window on the app, it says that I have a reservation, but I’m tripping out a little bit because it didn’t ask me what park I wanted to reserve after buying the tickets like it did when I purchased tickets for WDW.

So my insanely stupid question is this: If I see this I should be good on having reservations secured for DL, correct?
0A370EAD-BEE4-4230-865E-D7747A346596.jpeg

Again, I realize this should be an obvious question, but I’m only asking knowing how persnickety Disney likes to be when it comes to buying tickets and setting reservations. It’s been a while since I purchased tix for DL. Just checking with y’all on here so I don’t get a harsh surprise at the gate being told “Oh well you bought a ticket for today BUT YOU DIDNT GET A RESERVATION”. I heard stories so just wanting to double check.

Forgive me but I’m about to ask an insanely stupid question here. I bought tickets to go to Disneyland proper (No park hopping) and made sure I selected it for DL when asked what park I wanted to visit. In this window on the app, it says that I have a reservation, but I’m tripping out a little bit because it didn’t ask me what park I wanted to reserve after buying the tickets like it did when I purchased tickets for WDW.

So my insanely stupid question is this: If I see this I should be good on having reservations secured for DL, correct?
View attachment 16827

Again, I realize this should be an obvious question, but I’m only asking knowing how persnickety Disney likes to be when it comes to buying tickets and setting reservations. It’s been a while since I purchased tix for DL. Just checking with y’all on here so I don’t get a harsh surprise at the gate being told “Oh well you bought a ticket for today BUT YOU DIDNT GET A RESERVATION”. I heard stories so just wanting to double check.

Pretty sure you can double check your ticket and reservation on the Disneyland website - I think it might even have an option to change your reservation if I remember correctly.

You might need to go to the full desktop site to have a proper look.

I agree

It also lends to the "no one wants to work" BS we hear....people want to work but with many companies making up new rules and not raising pay when profits are up are the real factors but companies keep making working conditions worst and are surprised they can't hire as many people as before/the best workers out there
Take this from someone who just quit Disney: they only hire on people with part time status and hours. However, they engage in that awful business practice of making their cast prioritize Disney as their primary employer. Their scheduling is sporadic, infrequent, and entirely based on their needs. I don't see how anyone besides students or retirees could make a career work as a cast member without a secondary source of income.

Last edited:
We could use some locals insight...

We're making our third trip to Disneyland the week of Labor Day. We'll focus on the parks Tuesday (DL), Wednesday (DCA), and Thursday (DL), but curious about the crowds on Monday night. Will they calm down since people have to go back to work or school in the morning?

DCA closes at 9pm on Labor Day. There are two showings of World of Color that evening, 9:00 and 10:15. Is that unusual to have WOC showing over an hour after park closing? I assume the rides will be closed but shops will be open between 9:00 and 10:15?

Thank you for your insight.

I can’t re all nights the parks lose then have a show still
Might need to call Disney to see if the park is open until 10 pm or if it’s a mistake

Any speculation on what may happen with the Magic Key situation?
From my understanding, it's thought that the current lawsuit (which is moving forward into court next year) is holding it up. I think Disney could probably offer renewals if they want and argue that those were people satisfied enough to buy again, but I don't think we'll see Magic Key's go on sale to people who don't already have a pass until after that case is over with.

From my understanding, it's thought that the current lawsuit (which is moving forward into court next year) is holding it up. I think Disney could probably offer renewals if they want and argue that those were people satisfied enough to buy again, but I don't think we'll see Magic Key's go on sale to people who don't already have a pass until after that case is over with.
They pretty much have to offer renewals. We've seen before how dead the parks get without passholders. Day ticket guests alone cannot support the park on weeks where it isn't spring break (weeks varies), summer break (about 8 weeks), and winter break (about 3 weeks).

They pretty much have to offer renewals. We've seen before how dead the parks get without passholders. Day ticket guests alone cannot support the park on weeks where it isn't spring break (weeks varies), summer break (about 8 weeks), and winter break (about 3 weeks).
See I'd like to see what happens now....because from what I im hearing many weeks the ticket pool isn't split down the middle and most guests have tickets. So I'd want to see the parks without an kinda AP system because I think for the next year or two they could do it

Now after that have it come back with a feel new limits

1) limited amount of passes solid in each tier
2) No tier has unlimited visits (thinking 12-20 at the max)
3) More blackout dates on all passes...but mainly pass holder don't need to be showing up on the 4th of july, christmas and new years...these are already busy days make anyone who wants to come in pay

See I'd like to see what happens now....because from what I im hearing many weeks the ticket pool isn't split down the middle and most guests have tickets. So I'd want to see the parks without an kinda AP system because I think for the next year or two they could do it

Now after that have it come back with a feel new limits

1) limited amount of passes solid in each tier
2) No tier has unlimited visits (thinking 12-20 at the max)
3) More blackout dates on all passes...but mainly pass holder don't need to be showing up on the 4th of july, christmas and new years...these are already busy days make anyone who wants to come in pay
5p26bj.jpg

Lol

yeah pass holders don’t want to give an inch but I’ve been the parks recently and won’t be upset if the passes have less value

just my two cents and since Disney has lowered benefits before dint be surprised if new passes cost more and do less because the realty is they don’t need many to keep Disneyland full at this point

The biggest advantage of a Passholder system is the predictable income, with monthly payments. Passholders also fill in the gaps in the slow seasons. The reservation system was biased even more this way, keeping many weekdays open even as weekends filled up.

Without APs, Disney will see wild swings in attendance and spending, not to mention anger at their brand. That's something you can't afford with a possible recession coming

The biggest advantage of a Passholder system is the predictable income, with monthly payments. Passholders also fill in the gaps in the slow seasons. The reservation system was biased even more this way, keeping many weekdays open even as weekends filled up.

Without APs, Disney will see wild swings in attendance and spending, not to mention anger at their brand. That's something you can't afford with a possible recession coming
Not to mention there is already so much bad press for Disney already. Why would you want more?

Plus, the addition of Runaway Railway and *possibly* the PM will add a lot of park capacity as well as Avengers.

No official news but per the earning share Disney leadership think Disneyland has a "Unfavorable Attendance Mix’. I really think Disney is going to limit the magic key passes even more once they come back

I know people on this site think they should not but as long as you guys keep paying more money for less benefits I think they will keep doing it

Last edited: