Disney's Art of Animation Resort | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Art of Animation Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently it's popular, out of all the pixar films I kinda thought of it in the same light as incredibles. Meh, who knows.

Cars is extremely popular especially with little boys, I didn't realize it but someone pointed it out to me this weekend.

They mainly chose Cars because all the other Pixar films have a foothold in WDW already, except for Nemo:

Nemo - Living Seas and Musical
Monsters Inc - Laugh Floor
Toy Story - Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania

The two Pixar themed wings should have been Cars and The Incredibles. The latter is my fave Pixar movie to date.

Ooooh! I'm excited!! I love Disney Themed rooms! Where is this going to be though?

And somebody said that this is Disney's first hotel in 7 years... does the Bay Lake Tower count? Because I stayed there this summer, and I could see Magic Kingdom out of my window, and I watched the castle all night long for 3 nights to see if it would ever turn off... I fell asleep each time :(

I don't know why they picked Cars over Toy Story for one of the two Pixar films. Wouldn't Toy Story appeal to a wider audience than Cars?

Toy Story is represented in the All Star Movies Resort. However, there probably is a better option than Cars. :lol:

Here are a few photos from yesterday. The numbers from the "Golden Years" are still standing.

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

Toy Story is represented in the All Star Movies Resort. However, there probably is a better option than Cars. :lol:

Ooh okay, I didn't know that. But yeah, still, Cars? Not even Monsters, Inc. or Finding Nemo? And that's if you absolutely have to have a Pixar flick (which I guess you do).

Ooh okay, I didn't know that. But yeah, still, Cars? Not even Monsters, Inc. or Finding Nemo? And that's if you absolutely have to have a Pixar flick (which I guess you do).

Cars is there because it makes Disney an insane amount of money in merchandising.

Same reason why it's getting a sequel when it's the most lackluster film Pixar has made.

Cars is there because it makes Disney an insane amount of money in merchandising.

Same reason why it's getting a sequel when it's the most lackluster film Pixar has made.

Sadly...

Either way, I'm just happy that they decided to do something with the area. Although, I would have loved to see the continuation of the Pop Century theme.

Sadly...

Either way, I'm just happy that they decided to do something with the area. Although, I would have loved to see the continuation of the Pop Century theme.

Agreed on both points. The Pop Legendary Years would have been such a cool and different approach for a resort.

But Bobby can't resist his synergy disease anymore.:doh:

Cars may not be the "best" Pixar movie but I think it is not given the credit it deserves. It did make a lot of money with merchandise with boys especially and it is not like the other pixar movies where it is easily translated to rides and characters.

So it looks like two sections are desert looking and the other two are water based. Pretty neat