Disney's Art of Animation Resort | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Art of Animation Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Disney Parks Blog

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will bring to life famous Disney and Disney•Pixar films, including Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid, hit a major construction milestone earlier today when Walt Disney Imagineers and various crews working on the project held a “topping out” ceremony for the resort. This special moment is a tradition in the construction and engineering fields and takes place when the highest piece of steel is placed on a building’s frame. The tradition dates back to the Vikings, who would place an evergreen tree on the top of a building to celebrate and wish for good luck.

I just thought it humorous that they would link in vikings... this tradition dates back to conquering the seas, razing villages and stealing women...and now its safe for the whole family!

The Disney Blog posted some great pictures of all four room types. These finished products without camera flashes look leaps and bounds better than the awkward photos we got on the page before. I'm going to eat my words about the tackiness of the theming. I actually really like it. I'm just not sure if I want to stay in the Finding Nemo or Lion King wing :smiley:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...f-animation-resort/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY11Q4FBDM0021

Saw this on WESH Today thought I Would Share I am also sahring the link because they have a neat video on it and I can't seem to get the link to embed http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/29440537/detail.html

Disney's Art Of Animation Hotel Takes Shape

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Construction on Disney's Art of Animation Resort is well under way, and park representatives said they hope the hotel will provide families a fun and economical place to stay when they visit Walt Disney World.

The resort will take guests inside four different modern Disney films, planners said, with separate wings dedicated to "Cars," "Lion King," Little Mermaid," and "Finding Nemo" will be brought to life at Art of Animation.

'We're immersing them into a story," project manager Gary Hoffman said. "A beloved classic story that everyone can relate to.

More than half of the resort's 2,000 rooms will be family suites with a sitting area and kitchen. The cost per night starts at $240 for a suite, but value rooms are available for $92 per night.

The resort is taking shape near the Pop Century resort and has already brought hundreds of construction jobs to Central Florida. Another 800 permanent positions are expected to be filled for hotel's staff.

Disney has been in the hotel business for nearly 40 years and offers 26,000 rooms over its 24 resorts.

The resort will open in phases, with the final phase opening by the end 2012, according to Disney.

New video from Imagineering:

[video=youtube;xxFS94Xi0fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xxFS94Xi0fE[/video]

New video from Imagineering:

[video=youtube;xxFS94Xi0fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xxFS94Xi0fE[/video]

That looks nice! It's good to have an inexpensive option to stay on-site at Disney. Even being from Central FL, the drive to Disney is 1 hour+ so it'll be nice to go for a weekend and just stay there for more convenience. Too bad it opens right for summer season when I really don't want to go to Disney :p I might look into staying there at the end of 2012 instead. Until then, I'll have to keep any Disney trips to one day, or stay off-site but near-by at one of the less expensive hotels.

This place is looking cooler and cooler. I can't wait to stay there. It's so colorful and convenient (having a family of 6).

Bu I have to say, the view of the castle and the 30 second walk to dole whip were great features of the poly :lol:

I know a lot of people call it tacky, but this is something that will be astounding for kids and it's pretty impressive looking. Not bad for a cheap hotel.

Great new overview video of construction and what the resort as a whole will be like:

[video=youtube;gK1TThC0vEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK1TThC0vEY[/video]

Dang it! I want to stay there so bad next time I make the trek down to Orlando. I typically stay at Marriott owned chains, preferably Springhill Suites, but I am going to school for 3D animation and Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Side note: I have never stayed on site on Disney. Since this is a value resort, are most aspects up to par including breakfast, bed comfort, cleanliness, a customer service?

Reactions: Felipe
I cant believe this is a value resort.... this raises the bar for this type of lodging.
I Hope that disney has some plans for the other value properties.
if not they need to make a new category and consider the pop and all star's Economy Value resorts.

I don't know why people keep calling this a value resort. Have you seen the rates? :lol:

Okay, so it's not just me. I was like... if I'm balking at value resort rates, then obviously things aren't going so great for me in life.

Okay, so it's not just me. I was like... if I'm balking at value resort rates, then obviously things aren't going so great for me in life.

Nope. I've stayed on property at either resort all of once. And that was at All Star Sports for my Senior Trip. The off site resorts and hotels are too good and too cheap for it to be worth it, IMO.