Disney's Art of Animation Resort | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Art of Animation Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's more in the $250 price range, but yeah, definitely a higher standard should be held to this resort than to the other "Values". AoA is a tale of two hotels. Cars, LK and Nemo being the more moderate side (costing around said $250 price range) and then Little Mermaid being the more standard value (like the other values and priced similarly).

I'd actually say a higher standard should be held to those three actually even than the actual moderates considering the higher price (I can book POR Riverside right now for $134 just doing a quick google search), MUCH bigger rooms, indoor hallways, RFID Keys (lol), better food court menu, etc. Honestly, it seems to be WORTH a higher price than the moderates in all honesty. Worth $250 a night...eh, not sure. But you're definitely getting more amenities at AoA than at the moderates.

No, sorry. That $250 price is only in Value season. It's going for $395 on the weekends and $345 for weekdays in the summer.

Yup. $400 a night for a "Value." :ears:

No, sorry. That $250 price is only in Value season. It's going for $395 on the weekends and $345 for weekdays in the summer.

Yup. $400 a night for a "Value." :ears:
While I consider this much more than your average "value" and actually (based on amenities), a little better than the moderates, the prices are ridiculous. The only way i'll ever stay her is if I stay at the LM section or I get the free 3 night stay from Disney movie rewards. :lol:

People have no idea about the deals they can get off property. Disney has definitely succeeded in that facet of their business.
Oh yeah, there are great deals and hotels all surrounding the resort. It's actually surprising more people don't find out abouot it considering a quick hotels.com or expedia search brings all of those deals up. But I guess most people on vacation just go straight through disney and don't even think to look at anything else.

Come on down to Universal where we will give you a true 4 Star resort with Express access for $229

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Come on down to Universal where we will give you a true 4 Star resort with Express access for $229
ibxIcfh6NaALkS.gif

Reactions: Andy
Disney Parks posted a new video on YouTube! It's amazing, guys :D

[video=youtube;GW8fCs9a8Qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW8fCs9a8Qc[/video]

They could have given them some sort of shape without sacrificing space though. I've never seen anything so flat in my life. Architect should never work again.

Haven't met my ex-girlfriend, I'll take it?

...Okay, that was in poor taste, but I do see what you mean. For me though, I prefer simplicity (albeit boring) over eyesores like All-Star and their hockey-goal stair cases and what not. I've only really seen this Nemo section and I think it's pretty. Having not seen anything further though, I'll take your word that it's lackluster.

From Disney Parks Blog

Pixar Animator Tours New ‘Finding Nemo’ Wing at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort​

The first wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort in Walt Disney World Resort doesn’t open to guests until May 31, but Thursday, Pixar supervising animator Shawn Krause got an early tour led by the resort’s general manager, Rick Allen. Shawn knows a little something about the art of animation, having worked on Disney•Pixar classics including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Incredibles,” “Cars,” “Up” and “Cars 2”.

Shawn has a special connection to this first wing at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, as it’s themed to Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo.” Nemo, Marlin, Dory, and Crush are just some of the characters that Shawn animated for various scenes in the Academy-Award winning classic. Shawn also led the animation team for “The Seas with Nemo and Friends” attraction at Epcot.

[video=youtube;yBX3d2zqg08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBX3d2zqg08[/video]​

As a child, Shawn got hooked on animation after creating flipbooks on notepads his parents left lying around the house. Other wings at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will open through the rest of the year: “Cars” on June 18, “The Lion King” on August 10, and “The Little Mermaid” on September 15. Sources tell us Shawn was also spotted touring some of those areas. So far, Shawn isn’t talking. Maybe we can get his reaction a little closer to some of those opening dates.

EDIT: DaMouse has a great four part look at the resort.

DSC08003.jpg

DSC078661.jpg

DSC078511.jpg

DSC078991.jpg

DSC08008.jpg

Last edited: