Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Damn. Disneyland is really sticking it to us with those price bumps. I can see a $30-50 bump on AP's... but a $90 bump for the Deluxe and a $150 bump for Premium is a bit ridiculous...

Damn. Disneyland is really sticking it to us with those price bumps. I can see a $30-50 bump on AP's... but a $90 bump for the Deluxe and a $150 bump for Premium is a bit ridiculous...

But at least this is the first time you can actually see the extra money when you walk in.

A clip of Cars Land as the sun was setting and the lights were on.

[video=youtube;mDphZhhqeco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDphZhhqeco[/video]

Sorry but if you put over 1 billion dollars into any park, I'm fine with prices going up. Its when other parks yeah you know which ones, are not adding anything but consistently raise prices each and every year that I have a problem with. Hence why I have not renewed for a certain resort...

Sorry but if you put over 1 billion dollars into any park, I'm fine with prices going up. Its when other parks yeah you know which ones, are not adding anything but consistently raise prices each and every year that I have a problem with. Hence why I have not renewed for a certain resort...

Which one ???

WDW. I just can't justify renewing my pass when no new major attractions are opening or even under construction. Now when New Fantasyland is nearing completion I might but before then I will again be visiting the DLR to see Carsland. I live in the greater Orlando area and have been to Disneyland more in the past year than the Magic Kingdom and Briman can verify that :lol: ... Sad but true.

I have a feeling that in the next year or so Epcot will announce a huge project. And supposedly, Animal Kingdom is getting Avatar.

WDW. I just can't justify renewing my pass when no new major attractions are opening or even under construction. Now when New Fantasyland is nearing completion I might but before then I will again be visiting the DLR to see Carsland. I live in the greater Orlando area and have been to Disneyland more in the past year than the Magic Kingdom and Briman can verify that :lol: ... Sad but true.

Would you also agree that another reason is that WDW just hasn't been running all its attractions 90% perfection? Dusty film and broken robots is really quite a turn off for me. I dropped my WDW ap 4 years ago and haven't been back. Good news for disney is that the average guest doesn't notice. The general maintenance of the resort is top notch and one can enjoy miles of landscape and even some of the exotic animals for free.

I'm fine with prices going up... but when a TWO PARK AP is almost the same price as a FOUR PARK WDW AP... something's a little off...

I'm fine with paying up for Cars Land... but this is borderline getting milked for it lmao!

Last edited:
I'm fine with prices going up... but when a TWO PARK AP is almost the same price as a FOUR PARK WDW AP... something's a little off...

I'm fine with paying up for Cars Land... but this is borderline getting milked for it lmao!

No offense to you Jymmy,but if anyone deserves to be shafted with ticket prices, it's Disneyland AP holders :lol:

Well... yes and no. The ones who deserve to be shafted are the SoCal patrons... and they get a discount! lmao!

Me... I have to pack the car and drive 6+ hours and get a hotel... plus a non-discounted season pass. So the ones who you don't want in the park are the ones who are going to be there all the time!!! And then... they will bitch about the crowds around Cars Land. "Like, we went to get on Corroborator Springs Racing Cars and... there were, like, a LOT of people there." (CSU Long Beach Students) OR... the old-timers, "I never go on a ride with a 30 minute wait time. I remember when blackout tickets were $15. I hate the parking structure. When is Aladdin getting replaced? Cars Land makes it so hard to get to Paradise Pier without someone blocking my path."

Last edited:
Would you also agree that another reason is that WDW just hasn't been running all its attractions 90% perfection? Dusty film and broken robots is really quite a turn off for me. I dropped my WDW ap 4 years ago and haven't been back. Good news for disney is that the average guest doesn't notice. The general maintenance of the resort is top notch and one can enjoy miles of landscape and even some of the exotic animals for free.

For those "average guests" it must be nice not to know what could of been. I think a lot of our Disney readers would have a little bit more of an understanding of why some of us are so critical of Disney lately if they looked outside of the box. Visit DLR or even TDLR to see what "Disney" looked like for some of the older audience on the boards. During my last visit to the DLR just a few months ago I noticed multiple attractions that were looking GREAT, and while there were a few that had there share of issues it wasn't as wide spread IMO.

One more thing I want to share is that again I love Disney. More than I care to admit sometimes. At the same time I also work a lot and very hard. Any expendable income I shell out goes to the product that entices me the most. Sooo what resorts am I getting the best bang for my buck right now and into the next two years??? Point is, give me a reason to spend my money.

Well... yes and no. The ones who deserve to be shafted are the SoCal patrons... and they get a discount! lmao!

Me... I have to pack the car and drive 6+ hours and get a hotel... plus a non-discounted season pass. So the ones who you don't want in the park are the ones who are going to be there all the time!!! And then... they will bitch about the crowds around Cars Land. "Like, we went to get on Corroborator Springs Racing Cars and... there were, like, a LOT of people there." (CSU Long Beach Students) OR... the old-timers, "I never go on a ride with a 30 minute wait time. I remember when blackout tickets were $15. I hate the parking structure. When is Aladdin getting replaced? Cars Land makes it so hard to get to Paradise Pier without someone blocking my path."

So season passes are not discounted for all Cali residents???

No, sir, they are not. Southern California residents with zip codes 90000-93599 are the only patrons who can receive a resident discount. Us in North California... we pay the same as all you folks.

flos-v8-cafe_alt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20120521_104906_AP1203290121950.jpg

This land is stunning, better scenery than any land at any Disney park in the U.S. I havent seen it personally but if it looks like this in pictures, in person it's probably mind-blowing.

When I was there in October my jaw dropped when I saw it. The shear scale of it is mind-blowing.