Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh my god you're kidding

They really didn't have a shutdown procedure to keep it dehumidified??

It really doesn't surprise me all that much. The thought was a 14 days maximum closure in March/April. That alone wouldn't have caused that much damage, but then it extended into the summer and the staff was already laid off and this probably slipped through the cracks with the skeleton crews that were left.

RNRC is closed 4-6 months. The ride had been having trouble running daily without issue for years now. Seems as though some track may be getting replaced here and there during this refurbishment to help things out, I highly doubt on a full track replacement though unless the ride is so far gone that it makes more financial sense to just replace the entire track than continue to put up with these daily closures.

You know.....I wouldn't be opposed to retheming this to A Goofy Movie. Powerline would make a stellar soundtrack for this ride. I'm just saying Disney.

Too old for that to do anything for me from a nostalgia point of view, but being purely pragmatic, that seems the cleanest, cheapest, easiest path forward.

One thing I'm hoping for is stricter enforcement of no cellphone usage while on the ride. It seems like every 2-3 trains the op has to shout at someone to put their phone down prior to the launch.

Multiple times I have seen the op physically stop the ride, walk down to the launch platform, and specifically ask the person to put it away.

Reactions: shiekra38
This seems to be the most ideal replacement for RnR. I'd be down.

Still would've preffered a Goofy Movie though.
Disney is connected to Queen via Hollywood Records. They basically own the Queen discography so this would make total sense from a financial standpoint.

Reactions: Tobias
Still very much a rumor, and to be honest, not the only one floating around. But it certainly feels that Aerosmith’s days may be numbered, especially with Tyler’s bad press recently.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
What I’m hearing is Electric Mayhem is still in the running

I’m going to will this into reality:rock:

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Still very much a rumor, and to be honest, not the only one floating around. But it certainly feels that Aerosmith’s days may be numbered, especially with Tyler’s bad press recently.
That's true, forgot about the Tyler situation. Too bad I didn't get to go on it one more time, but i've been on it plenty and whatever it comes back as is still the same coaster. It's an easy one to retheme if they stick with a band since all they need to do is change the preshow and remove any references to aerosmith. It can essentially be the same experience, different music.

Reactions: HandsomePete
That's true, forgot about the Tyler situation. Too bad I didn't get to go on it one more time, but i've been on it plenty and whatever it comes back as is still the same coaster. It's an easy one to retheme if they stick with a band since all they need to do is change the preshow and remove any references to aerosmith. It can essentially be the same experience, different music.
Yeah you can always just throw some earbuds in and play Aerosmith for yourself on the ride. Kind of like how I’ll go on Dinosaur and close my eyes and pretend it’s actually Indiana Jones Adventure. Saves me a lot of money.