Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney is connected to Queen via Hollywood Records. They basically own the Queen discography so this would make total sense from a financial standpoint.
To put Queen in now seems strange to me. Other than the Freddie Mercury movie a couple years ago, I feel like they are generally pretty absent from the radio or pop culture.

Reactions: Cwoolboy and alomar
To put Queen in now seems strange to me. Other than the Freddie Mercury movie a couple years ago, I feel like they are generally pretty absent from the radio or pop culture.
Adam Lambert would have to be connected i'd think at this point. It's also worth noting they own Bohemian Rhapsody now since they bought Fox.

The Paragons version is better and I said what I said

Anyways all of these these rumors don't seem solid enough to me, but I would gladly a Queen coaster with Don't Stop Me Now lol. Wonder if they'd do the AI Walt Disney thing for Freddie :think:

Well, to be fair, I hadn't heard that version and now I'm irked. The Paragons did such a great job. I love those old harmonizing, almost doo-wop sounds. I still like Blondie's version but I'll give The Paragons their due. When we rode Cosmic Rewind, we had "One Way or Another" by Blondie which made the ride that much better.

I honestly think that Queen is a better route if they choose to go full-blown rehap and re-do of theme.

Go the HRRR route and make it a choose your own. The name stays the same, now the concert is a music festival across town, replace the current preshow and holding area with a Choose Your Own Song area using Magic Bands. Then tap before riding like on Test Track. Now you never have to worry about celeb's reputations and can rotate new songs in. Disney should not cheap out and only use Disney-adjacent bands, they really do need to partner with a label to make this work.

Go the HRRR route and make it a choose your own. The name stays the same, now the concert is a music festival across town, replace the current preshow and holding area with a Choose Your Own Song area using Magic Bands. Then tap before riding like on Test Track. Now you never have to worry about celeb's reputations and can rotate new songs in. Disney should not cheap out and only use Disney-adjacent bands, they really do need to partner with a label to make this work.
Yeah, there’s a ton of both 80's, 90's, 00's and more modern songs Disney can use that were used in movies as soundtrack songs. Queen also doesn't make a ton of sense because their discography isn't really suited for this type of ride. AC/DC on the other hand...

A good place to start for up to 10 songs or so would be here:

“Life Is A Highway” - Rascal Flatts (Cars)
“Pray For Me” - Kendrick Lamar/The Weeknd (Black Panther)
“Back In Black” - AC/DC (Iron Man)
“Hooked On A Feeling” - Blue Swede (Guardians of the Galaxy)
“Fantasy” - Mariah Carey (Free Guy)
“Immortals” - Fall Out Boy (Big Hero 6)
"We Will Rock You" - Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody)
"We Built This City" - Starship (The Muppets)
"Shut Up And Drive" - Rhianna (Wreck It Ralph)
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns 'N Roses (Thor: Love & Thunder)
"Come On Get Happy" - David Cassidy (Ant-Man)
"Shoop" - Salt-N-Pepa (Deadpool)

Technically, you could make a Marvel ride by doing this and just not call it one as the MCU has a really great soundtrack collection.

What will be funny is when they just take away the 'Starring Aerosmith' aspects and just play generic rock music composed for the ride

Which honestly is fine too? The Aerosmith aspect is literally just some audio in the queue, the billboard out front, some signage, the preshow video, the on-ride audio, and the post-show video. All that could be replaced in 48 hours, easy.

----

I was watching a video on DHS and the person said the park had "broadway caliber shows" and I had to audibly laugh out loud. DHS' show lineup is pathetic after decades of neglect.

What will be funny is when they just take away the 'Starring Aerosmith' aspects and just play generic rock music composed for the ride
This is what Hulk does. They had Patrick Stump compose some music for the ride when they redid it and while it’s quiet, I can see how it would work on RNRC. But I suspect they’d want to put an IP on it?

Sponsored by Apple Music or Spotify.
Maybe a ride themed to iconic Disney-adjacent theme music. Like the Iconic John Williams Star Wars score, the Avengers theme, Incredibles, Indiana Jones, etc.

Last edited:
I don't recall if I've posted my thoughts on the park since I went for the first time in almost half a decade last September, but this park is weird. It has some of the most incredible and best of it's kind attractions in the entire world with stuff like Tower of Terror and Rise of the Resistance, plus some very solid lighter fair with M&M, Smugglers, Slinky, Rock'n, Muppet-Vision. But man, does it still feel a little bit unfinished. I would still go again just to experience those first two attractions + Muppet-Vision (which I've again turned around on, that movie needs to have the staying power within the company as Carousel of Progress or the Tiki Room, it's still really wonderful and utilizes the theatre space perfectly.) However, it really does need some more work. An extra bit of development around Animation Courtyard and Star Tours. It needs to connect the Boulevard to the rest of the park to create a complete loop. It needs to replace Star Tours and that horrible Beauty and the Beast show, good god.

Star Tours was in rough shape and a very weird place when I went, it was very very weird going on it after the two GE rides and experiencing the whiplash of 2000's pre-Disney Star Wars in tone and comedy, but then sprinkled with 2017-19 Star Wars to really just make the contrast that much worse. How did they okay that recording of Billy Dee Williams to go on the ride? It felt like a Cameo of the bored actor addressing a fan for like $35, it was hilariously awful. I get that it has historical significance and all, but imo it needs to go yesterday.

Oh, and Cars was cute. Surprised it's still around honestly though. Kinda speaks to the sluggish Disney build rate that a very temporary offering is still around to support a park light on attractions 6 years later and counting.

I don't recall if I've posted my thoughts on the park since I went for the first time in almost half a decade last September, but this park is weird. It has some of the most incredible and best of it's kind attractions in the entire world with stuff like Tower of Terror and Rise of the Resistance, plus some very solid lighter fair with M&M, Smugglers, Slinky, Rock'n, Muppet-Vision. But man, does it still feel a little bit unfinished. I would still go again just to experience those first two attractions + Muppet-Vision (which I've again turned around on, that movie needs to have the staying power within the company as Carousel of Progress or the Tiki Room, it's still really wonderful and utilizes the theatre space perfectly.) However, it really does need some more work. An extra bit of development around Animation Courtyard and Star Tours. It needs to connect the Boulevard to the rest of the park to create a complete loop. It needs to replace Star Tours and that horrible Beauty and the Beast show, good god.

Star Tours was in rough shape and a very weird place when I went, it was very very weird going on it after the two GE rides and experiencing the whiplash of 2000's pre-Disney Star Wars in tone and comedy, but then sprinkled with 2017-19 Star Wars to really just make the contrast that much worse. How did they okay that recording of Billy Dee Williams to go on the ride? It felt like a Cameo of the bored actor addressing a fan for like $35, it was hilariously awful. I get that it has historical significance and all, but imo it needs to go yesterday.

Oh, and Cars was cute. Surprised it's still around honestly though. Kinda speaks to the sluggish Disney build rate that a very temporary offering is still around to support a park light on attractions 6 years later and counting.
If temporary things are popular enough Disney keeps them. Toon town (now Storybook Circus) was temporary. The Frozen sing a long was created in a short period of time for a summer event that was thrown together at the last minute in 2014 but it’s still here bc kids love it. I mean, hell, It’s a small world, peoplemover, and Carousel of Progress were originally temporary if you go back to the world’s fair. Had the rides bombed at the fair, they never come to DL and WDW being built would’ve been in jeopardy of getting axed.

That said, DHS needs a lot of help. Not quite as muchas DAK, but both parks should be getting billions poured into them as far as I’m concerned.

On MuppetVision, it needs a 4K remaster. Other than that it’s good.