Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this is just me being hopeful, but I wish they’d turn the area that has Little Mermaid, Disney Jr, and Launch Bay into a full celebration of Disney Animation area. Mermaid can stay, or be upgraded to a modern property. Disney Jr seems good from what I’ve heard but I’ve never seen it, so easy way to have new characters for kids.

Launch Bay full changes though, Wreck It Ralph fantasyland style dark ride. To me, property lends itself to a simple dark ride, and while small, this would help capacity at the park in a big way. Area then has a show, ride, and a meet n greet/kids show. Would serve a lot of purposes
You’re speaking my language. I’ve been calling for something like this to happen for years.

Launch Bay is huge, adding a small-ish dark ride there isn’t a wild theory IMO.
See, I’m more of the mindset of launch Bay needs to be torn down and Disney Junior should go for a Tangled boat ride & Snuggly Duckling quick serve and a Monsters Inc Door Coster & Harryhausen’s sit down restaurant.

Add a new show into TLM building too since TLM is never coming back.

See, I’m more of the mindset of launch at needs to be torn down, and Disney Junior should go for a Tangled boat ride & Snuggly Duckling quick serve and a Monsters Inc Door Coster & Harryhausen’s sit down restaurant.

I mean hey, wouldn’t get a complaint from me if this could happen!

See, I’m more of the mindset of launch Bay needs to be torn down and Disney Junior should go for a Tangled boat ride & Snuggly Duckling quick serve and a Monsters Inc Door Coster & Harryhausen’s sit down restaurant.

from your lips to god’s ears

No wonder they're a bloated mess. Imagine if UC had to manage live theater and TV productions. Sheesh.
I can’t imagine they actually fully create the entire Muppet content. I’m thinking perhaps they just make the puppets that are used while filming?

I can’t imagine they actually fully create the entire Muppet content. I’m thinking perhaps they just make the puppets that are used while filming?

Checked Wikipedia....

The Muppets Studio manages the rights to the Muppets characters, including supervising their appearances across Disney's various divisions, as well as producing films, television series, specials, theme park attractions, music recordings, publishing, and live performances featuring the characters.

Checked Wikipedia....
It is certainly odd that Disney Live Entertainment, the same division that spat out Harmonious and Rivers of Life, is in charge of such iconic characters.

It looks like the change was made in 2019, so it’s still fairly recent and only two Muppets projects that are either bad or mid have come out since. Disney should sell The Muppets if this is how they are going to utilize them because it’s a waste. Disney Live Entertainment isn’t exactly known for having great humor either.

Part of the 60 billion parks investment that will be sent to WDW will primarily be going towards Magic Kingdom for behind Big Thunder Mountain and Animal Kingdom for Encanto and Indy. How likely is it that Hollywood Studios will get some of that money for new additions as well? Indiana Jones, Star Tours, and the entire Animation Courtyard need to be replaced. It is also possible we could see new concepts announced for DHS at D23 2024?

I'm kind of expecting at least one new "thing" to be announced (or confirmed, in the case of the AK and MK Blue Sky ideas that have been floated) for each of the existing parks at the next D23.

How big will those "things" be? Unknown! Hollywood Studios certainly needs additional capacity.

I really feel Launch Bay should be moved to the Stich location in MK. Expand that space in DHS, put in a dark ride. I like animation courtyard. Put in a Tangeled show (or even 4-D type attraction) in Mermaid keep Disney Jr the same. Make the Launch Bay space a dark ride. Not sure what IP though. Make it Disney animation though, not Pixar.

I really feel Launch Bay should be moved to the Stich location in MK. Expand that space in DHS, put in a dark ride. I like animation courtyard. Put in a Tangeled show (or even 4-D type attraction) in Mermaid keep Disney Jr the same. Make the Launch Bay space a dark ride. Not sure what IP though. Make it Disney animation though, not Pixar.
I have always thought Disney should do an area themed to WDAS proper. Have several dark rides but have them be more catch all in theme. Disney is also rumored to be working on black box attractions that can easily swap out IP and be refreshed easily. This would a land to use something like that in. Would also love to see an E ticket themed around the Princesses.

I think Disney has started to realize the importance of investing in parks. I’m expecting a similar strategy from 2005 where all the parks got something new (probably for 2026-2027)

Disney can build fast if they’re motivated.

I think Disney has started to realize the importance of investing in parks. I’m expecting a similar strategy from 2005 where all the parks got something new (probably for 2026-2027)

The fact the D23 Expo is moving to the Honda center which is a much bigger venue gives me hope that Disney will finally commit to concepts and go all out at this D23 expo. D23 2024 is going to be a do or die moment for potential projects at the parks this decade.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX

I just have a feeling we'll see more makeovers of existing attractions. It's faster and cheaper and keeps the staffing levels the same. Any net new attraction means more staff which they don't want to pay for.

If we were on a different social media space that comment would receive community notes ;)

I'm really struggling to think of something Disney has built fast since Walt's days - examples very welcome.

Reactions: Mad Dog