Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's mostly a non-answer.

I'd argue it is. Especially if Indy 5 was what caused this friction swapping.

Allows them to also ensure any fine tuned bits that need be done, get done, ahead. Especially with this being Raimi's first directorial film since Oz (film, I should preface). Might even allow them to also give VFX teams time to fine tune certain sequences that might be larger in scale than previously made for.

Reactions: HalfGlass
After Spider-Man I doubt many films won’t have many surprise characters show up

not saying eternals would be better with someone showing up for fun butttt that helps drive hype, gives more characters screen time for audiences to like side characters more and makes the films feel like they are connected and matter

while solo films are great and if someone has a good enough story then it will stand on its own even the dark knight and Logan and little hints and other comic characters in supporting roles that make the adventure more fun

After Spider-Man I doubt many films won’t have many surprise characters show up

not saying eternals would be better with someone showing up for fun butttt that helps drive hype, gives more characters screen time for audiences to like side characters more and makes the films feel like they are connected and matter

while solo films are great and if someone has a good enough story then it will stand on its own even the dark knight and Logan and little hints and other comic characters in supporting roles that make the adventure more fun
In the MCU, there's always going to be some crossover, but you can't try to over do it if the movie doesn't call for it. We literally just had potentially one of the best Marvel origins in Shang-Chi earlier this year and the only crossover was a VERY brief appearance by Wong and Abomination.

Amy Pascal said it best when talking about NWH this week and asked how you top it now. She said that if they go into a film with the sole purpose of trying to top the last one, it's probably not going to be all that good. Sometimes films don't need to be "topped" they just need to be good, fun films. If the MCU set out to top themselves with every film, they wouldn't have last this long.

Here's the full quote from Pascal:
"Not every Spider-Man movie is going to be a multitude of characters. That approach was right for this one.

You can’t think about topping yourself in terms of spectacle. Otherwise movies just get larger and larger for no reason, and it’s not a good result. But we do want to always try and top ourselves in terms of quality and emotion. Kevin and I never want to lose sight of one thing: Peter Parker. That he’s a normal kid. That he is orphaned over and over again. That he’s a teenager, so everything in his life is at a heightened pitch and everything matters more than anything. That he’s fueled by goodness and guilt. That he’s striving for a greater cause, and he’s vilified by the press."

In the MCU, there's always going to be some crossover, but you can't try to over do it if the movie doesn't call for it. We literally just had potentially one of the best Marvel origins in Shang-Chi earlier this year and the only crossover was a VERY brief appearance by Wong and Abomination.

Amy Pascal said it best when talking about NWH this week and asked how you top it now. She said that if they go into a film with the sole purpose of trying to top the last one, it's probably not going to be all that good. Sometimes films don't need to be "topped" they just need to be good, fun films. If the MCU set out to top themselves with every film, they wouldn't have last this long.

Here's the full quote from Pascal:
"Not every Spider-Man movie is going to be a multitude of characters. That approach was right for this one.

You can’t think about topping yourself in terms of spectacle. Otherwise movies just get larger and larger for no reason, and it’s not a good result. But we do want to always try and top ourselves in terms of quality and emotion. Kevin and I never want to lose sight of one thing: Peter Parker. That he’s a normal kid. That he is orphaned over and over again. That he’s a teenager, so everything in his life is at a heightened pitch and everything matters more than anything. That he’s fueled by goodness and guilt. That he’s striving for a greater cause, and he’s vilified by the press."
Agreed but I was thinking about this the other day

look at Ant man and dr strange the first films did fine but the real love for these characters came after they crossed over with the Avengers

like I’m sure once the Eternals cross over with anyone they will be liked more.
It’s like your friends with my friends then your cool

Antman 2 is my film I’ve really pointed to as a pointless MCU film and think of your going to keep creating these big moments like in Spider-Man and dr strange but then do very small one offs that really don’t affect the MCU story you will see one costs a little more but makes you way more vs Just like here is a new Shang chi film with no other heroes in it

story wise you can argue it’s better they are on their own but these are being made to make profits and think they will definitely try to make each film have more cross over them before
Could be wrong but the re shoots make me think after seeing fan react to early screening of Spider-Man they need more fun moments if they want to get people back in theaters

Agreed but I was thinking about this the other day

look at Ant man and dr strange the first films did fine but the real love for these characters came after they crossed over with the Avengers

like I’m sure once the Eternals cross over with anyone they will be liked more.
It’s like your friends with my friends then your cool

Antman 2 is my film I’ve really pointed to as a pointless MCU film and think of your going to keep creating these big moments like in Spider-Man and dr strange but then do very small one offs that really don’t affect the MCU story you will see one costs a little more but makes you way more vs Just like here is a new Shang chi film with no other heroes in it

story wise you can argue it’s better they are on their own but these are being made to make profits and think they will definitely try to make each film have more cross over them before
Could be wrong but the re shoots make me think after seeing fan react to early screening of Spider-Man they need more fun moments if they want to get people back in theaters
Every movie has reshoots, first of all. I think the reshoots were far more extensive than "adding cameos" as the film was supposedly a mess before. But if they add cameos (such as Hugh Jackman as Wolverine or something), that's cool and fun and it works for a multiverse movie. There's a balance that needs to be met though.

Like Pascal said in her quote, they need to keep in mind that at the heart of everything who Peter Parker is and all the added stuff around him doesn't really take away from anything. Feige needs to make sure when doing these crossover multiverse movies that that's what he's keeping in mind for all of the central characters. Make sure the characters are the focus and don't always feel like you need to top yourself.

I just simply not possibly for every movie to be bigger and bigger and if you do try to compete with yourself and do that, you will eventually shoot yourself in the foot.

Every movie has reshoots, first of all. I think the reshoots were far more extensive than "adding cameos" as the film was supposedly a mess before. But if they add cameos (such as Hugh Jackman as Wolverine or something), that's cool and fun and it works for a multiverse movie. There's a balance that needs to be met though.

Like Pascal said in her quote, they need to keep in mind that at the heart of everything who Peter Parker is and all the added stuff around him doesn't really take away from anything. Feige needs to make sure when doing these crossover multiverse movies that that's what he's keeping in mind for all of the central characters. Make sure the characters are the focus and don't always feel like you need to top yourself.

I just simply not possibly for every movie to be bigger and bigger and if you do try to compete with yourself and do that, you will eventually shoot yourself in the foot.
Agreed but having more characters show up for fun moments

I think we will just see more now than ever. Could be eat off and we will see in films after dr strange how it all works
Just don’t be surprised in many films we just see more cross overs

Agreed but having more characters show up for fun moments

I think we will just see more now than ever. Could be eat off and we will see in films after dr strange how it all works
Just don’t be surprised in many films we just see more cross overs
I agree there are things that can be done, but crossovers between other Universes, unless Disney/Marvel do something down the line with old X-Men cast, there’s nothing quite as iconic as can be done hopping between universes.

The one and ONLY thing that could top it would be if Feige actually wanted to and cared enough to put in the work of making a Live-Action Avengers/Justice League crossover. Something like that would more like come from the DC camp.

Did you not stick around for the end credits of NWH? This trailer plays in full.
I did

I was asking what was missing from the trailer

to me this film perfectly picks up from where strange is at the end of Spider-Man

I did

I was asking what was missing from the trailer

to me this film perfectly picks up from where strange is at the end of Spider-Man
Which is odd since Multiverse of Madness originally was supposed to come out before NWH. I believe they did rewrite some of the script for MoM though once it was announced it was switching places so hopefully it picks up sort of seamlessly.

I guess my biggest question is:
Since no one is going to remember Peter Parker, does Strange just not remember the spell he cast at all?

Perhaps it's me, but I kind of...like, that NWH is the leadup to MoM?

Makes what the storybeats seem to be, being more logical and lining up with actions done by the Strange('s) in NWH and What If...? in a way that makes me more interested and excited. Especially with context from What If...?

Rintrah being in the trailer for just one second makes me excited, and I loved how the Marvel Studios variance logo this time is an amalgamation of the other variance logos of films that were produced with Marvel. Definitely feel the potential for a more "horror" level approach to this.

Perhaps it's me, but I kind of...like, that NWH is the leadup to MoM?

Makes what the storybeats seem to be, being more logical and lining up with actions done by the Strange('s) in NWH and What If...? in a way that makes me more interested and excited. Especially with context from What If...?

Rintrah being in the trailer for just one second makes me excited, and I loved how the Marvel Studios variance logo this time is an amalgamation of the other variance logos of films that were produced with Marvel. Definitely feel the potential for a more "horror" level approach to this.
With Raimi having directed the film, I expect some jump scares throughout like in the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy.

I guess my biggest question is:
Since no one is going to remember Peter Parker, does Strange just not remember the spell he cast at all?

Since NO WAY HOME makes it fairly clear that people still remember interactions with Spider-Man, just not his identity, it's possible Strange remembers he cast this spell for Spider-Man, but doesn't remember it was actually for Peter Parker. In other words, "I remember that I cast a spell to make me (and everyone else) not remember who he really is."