Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dollywood!

I dont know if I should be excited about this or mad. What I love about dollywood is the fact that its surrounded by mountains and trees and I think this coaster might take away its beauty. They should have chosen a coaster like Cheetah Hunt that hugs its terrain. Insiders say that the new coaster will be able to be seen from the parking lot. -_____-

I dont know if I should be excited about this or mad. What I love about dollywood is the fact that its surrounded by mountains and trees and I think this coaster might take away its beauty. They should have chosen a coaster like Cheetah Hunt that hugs its terrain. Insiders say that the new coaster will be able to be seen from the parking lot. -_____-

I wonder if said insiders have been to Dollywood and realized than given its rumored location this coaster a B&M mind you would have to be quite tall. Seems odd that a proposed Wingrider a coaster that's made for terrain interaction would abandon its purpose in only its second installation within the world and go for height and speed. But even if its visible from the parking lot, ehh big deal. The park is still extremely well themed and very beautiful throughout. Being able to see the lift from the lot will only make 5-10% of visitors gag in horror and disgust, the rest of us including me will view the addition as a welcome sight. :lol:

I wonder if said insiders have been to Dollywood and realized than given its rumored location this coaster a B&M mind you would have to be quite tall. Seems odd that a proposed Wingrider a coaster that's made for terrain interaction would abandon its purpose in only its second installation within the world and go for height and speed. But even if its visible from the parking lot, ehh big deal. The park is still extremely well themed and very beautiful throughout. Being able to see the lift from the lot will only make 5-10% of visitors gag in horror and disgust, the rest of us including me will view the addition as a welcome sight. :lol:

I just dont like the fact that the Wingrider coasters have large footprints. They are gonna have to cut many trees down and maybe cut into the mountains, which i completley disagree with. In pigeon forge and gatlinburg you see some mountains/hills that are cut into and I think its sad. If anything they should perserve there grounds. When I went on the train ride in 2007, it used to seem that you were going deep and far into the smokey mountains and now (2011, summer) since many of the trees are gone, you can see the backstage of mysterymine and adventure mountain.

Last edited:
I just dont like the fact that the Wingrider coasters have large footprints. They are gonna have to cut many trees down and maybe cut into the mountains, which i completley disagree with. In pigeon forge and gatlinburg you see some mountains/hills that are cut into and I think its sad. If anything they should perserve there grounds. When I went on the train ride in 2007, it used to seem that you were going deep and far into the smokey mountains and now (2011, summer) since many of the trees are gone, you can see the backstage of mysterymine and adventure mountain.

That's why I'm hoping the majority of the coaster will be above the treeline. If Dollywood does this right it could end up being a beautiful ride. Imagine your feet dangling above the trees! Although, their past record of tree loss/new ride ratio is pretty bad. But I'm hopeful.

The problem to is you have to maintain that landscape and in a storm limbs have a way of falling. I am sure Insurance plays a part in this also.

Not if it's above the treeline. Limbs don't fall up.

I'ma just keep pushing my "above the treeline" dream until Dollywood crushes it. :lol: A terrain coaster needs to be narrow and capable of sharp turns. Which is pretty much the opposite of a Wing Rider.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved Dollywood. All the thrill rides were great.

Mystery Mine-Blew me away seriously. I have a new love for EuroFighters now and it's all thanks to Mystery Mine. Awesome Dark Ride elements, awesome coaster elements. Like a more thrilling version of the Mummy. Seriously edged my way into my top 10. I just don't know where year.

Thunderhead-Great woody. Definitely one of the better ones. However, this ride has to have gotten rougher. No doubt. Doesn't even come close to the roughest but it def has gotten a little rougher, just because people don't say this is the smoothest woody ever on the level of roughness I rode it on.

Tenn Tornado-Short, but fun. I personally like Arrow Inverts and I've been on much rougher ones. So over all a good ride.

Blazing Fury-In short, I get ALL the love for Blazing Fury. Has so much cheesy character. Fun thrill elements. Wish that water effect was working though.

As far as the new coaster track I can 100% confirm you can see it from Thunderhead's lift and not only that they took my camera and made me put it in a cubby for "safety". For the record this a little point and shoot, not my DSLR. I had it wrapped around my wrist and the attendant made me put it in the cubby before we left station...makes me wonder if it was related to the track.

Glad you liked it! What did you think of Barnstormer -- and Slidewinder if you had the chance?

Any who, I think I'm heading over to Dollywood in a week. I am determined to get a decent picture of that track! (note to self: wear cargo shorts)

I liked Barnstormer. I had been on swings like that. Was fun, but nothing spectacular.

No sidewinder or any water rides for that matter. River Battle was down for the day and tbh I hate walking around a theme park in wet clothes unless I plan for it.

Does anyone know what Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 4D is? Did they just edit clips of the movie together?

That is exactly what it is. Dollywood's simulator set up is horrible. When I went it was Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D and it was exactly what I hoped it wasn't.

Bad 3D clips from the movie edited together to seem at times like a pov but being self aware. It was basically an advertisement. The simulator bases were similar to what you find at most airshows and the big traveling events.