DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The issue seems to be quite the opposite - KFP is a strong, durable franchise that deserves a major ride or even a land.

I’d rather have KFP in EU over HtTyD, but that’s mostly personal preference. Dragon can also carry a land, it’s just a tiny bit less deserving then Panda.
I agree KFP is strong, but I think dragons in general is more popular across kid ages and genders which is why httyd was better.

I do agree if they add a dark ride KFP should be at the top of the list. Also glad that the inside is all KFP my kids will enjoy that.

The issue seems to be quite the opposite - KFP is a strong, durable franchise that deserves a major ride or even a land.

I’d rather have KFP in EU over HtTyD, but that’s mostly personal preference. Dragon can also carry a land, it’s just a tiny bit less deserving then Panda.

I like the first two KFPs better than any of the HTTYDs, and the indoor land in Beijing looks great but overall the ride lineup for HTTYD looks much better (reservations about the coaster aside).

Last edited:
I like the first two KFPs better than any of the HTTYDs, and the indoor land in Beijing looks great but overall the ride lineup for HTTYD looks much better (reservations about the coaster aside).
Both EU’s HtTyD and Beijing’s KFP seem to be incredibly beautiful, well-themed lands in which to wander around. The anchor attraction in Beijing is somewhat lackluster and suffers from the same problems of a lot of recent dark rides - characters that stand around facing guests rather than taking part in carefully staged scenes, thin show platforms that limit scene making, and screens that exist for their own sake rather then being integrated into… scenes (I like scenes). Still, at least Panda Land HAS an anchor attraction - I don’t know how well the live show will fulfill that function for HtTyD.

Panda is only behind Dune in the US box office this year ... Trolls and Puss in Boots also had decent theatrical runs recently

Almost like Universal planned all this between parks and studio

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
Both EU’s HtTyD and Beijing’s KFP seem to be incredibly beautiful, well-themed lands in which to wander around. The anchor attraction in Beijing is somewhat lackluster and suffers from the same problems of a lot of recent dark rides - characters that stand around facing guests rather than taking part in carefully staged scenes, thin show platforms that limit scene making, and screens that exist for their own sake rather then being integrated into… scenes (I like scenes). Still, at least Panda Land HAS an anchor attraction - I don’t know how well the live show will fulfill that function for HtTyD.
I've heard this a few times. Why is the Dragon Training coaster not considered an anchor attraction here? It seems to be incredibly intricate and well-made, as well as seemingly catering to a wider range of demographics for a coaster.

Would Everest not be considered the anchor for Asia at DAK? Space Mountain/Tron for Tomorrowland? I suppose I don't understand how this is much different.

Would Everest not be considered the anchor for Asia at DAK? Space Mountain/Tron for Tomorrowland? I suppose I don't understand how this is much different.
I think Slinky Dog Dash is the closer comparison point.

Opinions vary about the actual ride experience itself, but Everest's level of theme, its massive scale, and the "setting the stage" storytelling (both in terms of the mountain itself and the queue) put it in a very elite thematic class.

I'm going to be the weird guy that pops in and says that I actually have never watched a single KFP or HTTYD movie.

Guess I better get on it

You have homework now.

I think Slinky Dog Dash is the closer comparison point.

Ehhh... IDK about that (at least with regards to theme). I would say it's a few notches above that; but the extent of the themeing doesn't negate whether it's an anchor/marquee or not.

Either way - while I do think the anchor is the show, I do agree it's not like the area is hurting for other marquee attractions; and people do love coasters. I'd say the Show is 1A and the Coaster is 1B.

I've heard this a few times. Why is the Dragon Training coaster not considered an anchor attraction here? It seems to be incredibly intricate and well-made, as well as seemingly catering to a wider range of demographics for a coaster.

The coaster is a E-ticket, each land has one,,

Ehhh... IDK about that (at least with regards to theme). I would say it's a few notches above that; but the extent of the themeing doesn't negate whether it's an anchor/marquee or not.
I didn't say it wouldn't be the land's main draw. The comparison was made to Everest, certainly the most E-ticket level (in terms of theme and scale) coaster in Orlando. HTTYD seems like it will be closer to Slinky than Everest. That was my point.

In design (and experience) HTTYD is closer to Slinky (with more rockwork/theming though), but even if it's not at the level of Everest, it's still an E-ticket.

Slinky is nowhere near Everest in design... but it's just as popular and is in fact an E-ticket because of that (+ DHS having enough attractions).