DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The issue with many you listed is they have height restrictions. MIB is even higher than the 40". I believe the issue is family with NO height restriction. The fact that Seuss has height restrictions for 2 of their rides is bad. Dark rides shouldn't have height restrictions.
We found there was nothing for our youngest child to do other than push them round the park in a stroller. At least when we last went with a v. young child they could watch the parade. There’s not even this till July

How much is left to do on this land? Is it cosmetic things like trees etc or do they still have a fair way to go?
Probably complete with the Shrek/Trolls portions by the end of the month, Kung Fu Panda still has a good amount of work left.

But the Shrek section looks pretty much completed. They already have lighting/foliage in place.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Wish they would open by May 1st.
Tiana’s Bayou isn’t going to open by then as the shops close around it May 1st, mega parade isn’t till July…we are going to miss all the new things

We found there was nothing for our youngest child to do other than push them round the park in a stroller. At least when we last went with a v. young child they could watch the parade. There’s not even this till July
Depends on their height, but we went when my oldest was not even 3 and we did find some things for her to do, but that was before Disaster was removed. But there is playground in Jurassic park, kudos and kang, one fish/two fish, the suess carousal, the spinner ride in the super hero section. Not sure how tall your child is, but at 34" ET is available and at 36" additional stuff opens.

I do agree Universal is hard on families with multi-age families. I know it has always been a struggle with my family since my oldest has always loved thrills (wanted to ride Hulk at 2.5 yo) and her being the oldest which means she has shorter siblings. So oldest loves going but then what do you do with the younger ones? We did Sea World & Busch Gardens a lot because there was more to do with the younger kids. Personally the new owners of Sea World do a lot of good for animals so I don't mind going there. It was a good stop gap the last 4 years when I had thrill seekers and toddlers.

There's a very good possibility that Shrek & Trolls will soft open by next month. A LOT can happen within a month

As for Disney, not much can happen in a month year.. but maybe if you wish upon a second star to the right, Splash Bayou will soft open (maybe, not likely, but maybe)
Do they often open everything (like Dreamworks land) together or do they sometimes open bits as they are finished? It’s just so limited for tots right now across Universal x

They could always slow-role some of the opening, this is probably the kind of land where it's more important to have the capacity than it is to have a wholistic product completely ready to go.

I do think a lot of us personally thought this would be ready to roll out by spring break given typical Universal construction timelines.