Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parks are going to be getting a lot more crowded when these rooms come online.
I'm not sure how much busier they actually will be. Sure, lots more people on-site, but what they are mostly doing is getting people to switch from staying at Disney or some off-site hotel on I-Drive. Sure attendance will go up, but I wouldn't say "a lot" more crowded.

Besides, by the time these hotels open, Volcano Bay will likely have already expanded and Super Nintendo World will be right around the corner. It's those additions that will drive attendance, not the hotels themselves - hotels are just a place to stay, Universal is just making sure that people are staying with them now.

I would be surprised if all of these hotels open up at once. It seems like a phased opening would be the best plan. By the time the last hotel opens up, the third park could possibly be operational. Building too many hotels can be deadly to a theme park resort (cough Paris cough)

I would be surprised if all of these hotels open up at once. It seems like a phased opening would be the best plan. By the time the last hotel opens up, the third park could possibly be operational. Building too many hotels can be deadly to a theme park resort (cough Paris cough)
Paris opened with 7 resorts all at once. This would not be that (if they even chose to go that route).

Parks are going to be getting a lot more crowded when these rooms come online.
I agree with @Nick C. - the parks won't be too much busier. What will be busier though, between these and adventura and cabana bay towers, are the early morning admission.
Volcano bay offering it certainly helps- and currently it's both IoA and USF- but that's just for the summer. We might be seeing all three parks offer early admission year round for on-sites once this all opens- which will be great.
Other alternative would be to open an entire park early instead of just WWoHP.

So...just going through this...

"The plans also talk of a possible new attraction being incorporated in the complex, but no details are provided."

Jives with what we've heard

"Among the requirements city planners made before signing off on the planned resort: The parking garage at I-Drive and Universal must have a facade that hides its purpose."

Interesting.

"Planners also required that the plazas at the corner be visually appealing and act as a gathering spot for pedestrians."

I'm liking all of this. Will certainly make that location on I-Drive much more visually appealing

"The plans also talk of a possible new attraction being incorporated in the complex, but no details are provided."

"Among the requirements city planners made before signing off on the planned resort: The parking garage at I-Drive and Universal must have a facade that hides its purpose."

Interesting.

"Planners also required that the plazas at the corner be visually appealing and act as a gathering spot for pedestrians."

I'm liking all of this. Will certainly make that location on I-Drive much more visually appealing
And a nice gateway to the main property from that direction.

Interesting.

Attraction as in a City Walk area or something else?

Something else. The plans already said they'd have shopping and dining attached, this is something else

What would an "Attraction" mean?

A thought of mine is that perhaps it's a mode of transportation, or that if it's something that'd be exclusive for the hotel, perhaps something interactive within it? Like a dinner theater?

I am curious about that, and that I am happy to see Universal get the project approved.

What would an "Attraction" mean?

A thought of mine is that perhaps it's a mode of transportation, or that if it's something that'd be exclusive for the hotel, perhaps something interactive within it? Like a dinner theater?

I am curious about that, and that I am happy to see Universal get the project approved.
Probably paid separate entry open to the public... like a wonder-works situation or the eye, etc.

Interesting that they would single out this garage as opposed to I-Drive 360 or that goofy freaking garage they're building at Mango's.

Which, makes me beg a question to why they'd specifically call out on that building, unless if it's going to be nothing but parking.

It makes me curious, and if this isn't me going into something too deep, I don't know what is. Either way, I'm curious if this could mean anything..or nothing, at the same time.

OMG the kneeboarding thing from Wet 'n Wild totally needs to come back! How's that for an "attraction?"

Which, makes me beg a question to why they'd specifically call out on that building, unless if it's going to be nothing but parking.

It makes me curious, and if this isn't me going into something too deep, I don't know what is. Either way, I'm curious if this could mean anything..or nothing, at the same time.

It's because the Wet n' Wild property falls within the limits of the City of Orlando and the other garages are unincorporated Orange County, so there are different groups of people approving these projects and different rules and requirements.

Isn't UNI always fighting with the property appraiser over the value of the two park's parking structure? (Nothing in the city to compare it to and UNI always thinks it is valued too high).

Could the city be attempting to add to the value of a concrete tower?

;)

Sooooo will the "attraction" has anything to do with the "shape" of the pool? Maybe an oddly shaped fountain show? Or will it be as frivolous as a rotating restaurant or a carousel...?

Status
Not open for further replies.