Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32) | Inside Universal Forums

Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate
The great wizard Merlyn has been transformed into the Enchanted Oak, leaving a power vacuum. When two powerful warlocks invade his castle to steal his spell book, they are turned into dragons of fire and ice. Now guests are caught in the middle of their battle and are forced to choose a path and a victor. But beware, one never knows who will win in “Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate.”

I wonder if it will be a line for each version or one and then you choose when you get to the front?

What would be the precedent for a split path in a house? I wanna say some of the houses in 21 related to Lady Luck?

I would guess it is less split-path and more "choose a side to walk around a couple big scenes," but I'll also be checking out the podcast in a bit here to see if there's any cool details!

From the podcast:

So, this one, is for people who have been with Universal for a long time. There used to be a certain ride called Dueling Dragons. And if you went through Dueling Dragons queue line, it was one of the coolest things ever. So, what we're doing is expanding that story. Dueling Dragons is going to be a haunted house this year at the event. So, if you remember when you walked through you could choose your fate: Fire or Ice. Merlyn has been trapped and turned into the Enchanted Oak. So, now he's away from the castle and his spellbook is left open and ready for anyone to take. So two evil warlocks of fire and ice: Blizzrock and Pyrrock was what the dragons were called. So they're warlocks on their way to the castle to get the spell book and they're battling and we're right in the middle of the battle all the way through the Fairy Forest, all the way to the castle. They've broken into the castle, we get to the spellbook, they're fighting over it, the counter magic hits them and turns them into dragons. They still continue their battles going through, the castle crumbling all around us. We're being sprayed by hate ice and all sorts of fire. Going through until the very end where you get to choose thy fate. There are four different endings to the this haunted house.

That's what it sounds like...I would imagine that would cause logistical issues with crowd flow, but would be really cool to see.
I wonder if the split wouldn't re-merge at the end for that reason? Guests enter the house and see the same initial few scenes. Then they split and choose a path and see some path-specific scenes. Then the split path stories "end" the same way with duplicate identical sets and separate exits? Seems like that would minimize the amount of merging logistics that need to be managed in the dark&loud setting.

I wonder if the split wouldn't re-merge at the end for that reason? Guests enter the house and see the same initial few scenes. Then they split and choose a path and see some path-specific scenes. Then the split path stories "end" the same way with duplicate identical sets and separate exits? Seems like that would minimize the amount of merging logistics that need to be managed in the dark&loud setting.
This thread is lilke 5 minutes old and my post already aged horribly LOL.