E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think when ET turns 30(next year if you can believe it) they should make a big deal out of it with a new Blu Ray release and get all that synergy into the parks with a huge refurb for the ET Adventure.

If they promote a theater release for it (hopefully with no altered effects for it or Blu Ray) they can get it back in the spotlight for the parents who rememebr seeing it now sharing it with their kids.

One thing they might want to tweak with the ride is the fact that it's very difficult to follow if you've never seen the movie. Of course most people have seen E.T. but those who haven't are probably saying, "Why the heck is this wrinkly alien talking to me?" :lol:

One thing they might want to tweak with the ride is the fact that it's very difficult to follow if you've never seen the movie. Of course most people have seen E.T. but those who haven't are probably saying, "Why the heck is this wrinkly alien talking to me?" :lol:

Yeah, the pre-show could be done away with. :lol:

That wasn't the original pre show video i prefer the first one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxG4jPoOJA&sns=em it had more of the behind the scenes quality which is why i love universal

I would love if they did a 3rd one and mix the two together... it makes more sense your "pass" is to show your suppose to be there than an intergalactic passport.... also shoot it in HD too... and no CGI for ET either!

I should hope it's not going anywhere for a long, long time. E.T is a classic piece of movie history and they simply don't make movies like that anymore. I would love to see Universal invest some time and money in bringing the attraction up to par in terms of modern technology. I think they could do that without sacrificing any of the attractions original charm. A 30 year anniversary is just calling out for an extensive refurb, so I just hope that they'll see that.

i would hope E.T is on the chopping block! that was a pretty good ride (and my moms favorite). if anything they need to get rid of jimmy thats a pretty weak attraction if you ask me. the land could be used for something much better.

i would hope E.T is on the chopping block! that was a pretty good ride (and my moms favorite). if anything they need to get rid of jimmy thats a pretty weak attraction if you ask me. the land could be used for something much better.

What? You want it on the chopping block, but like the ride?

You need to start proofreading your posts.

Those animatronics on ET's planet scare me for some reason :lol:
So yes, please upgrade next year.

I agree with this. They are really creepy... Especially this thing:

vyqjbm.jpg