E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few clips of E.T. on Universal News Today’s Instagram story and the 2 E.T. animatronics they filmed look… really good? Don’t get me wrong, they’re still not close to opening day quality of movement, but they looks much more fluid and less clunky than I have seen in a long long time. Maybe they just caught it on a good day, but definitely made me do a double take while I was scrolling.

A few clips of E.T. on Universal News Today’s Instagram story and the 2 E.T. animatronics they filmed look… really good? Don’t get me wrong, they’re still not close to opening day quality of movement, but they looks much more fluid and less clunky than I have seen in a long long time. Maybe they just caught it on a good day, but definitely made me do a double take while I was scrolling.
He even taps his toes on the celebration scene. Been looking pretty good for a few weeks.

Braved the walls to make it on yesterday and they really were looking good. Just no fog when you get to ET's planet. The fog makes that scene but it's always hit or miss, especially with how much actually is used.

Braved the walls to make it on yesterday and they really were looking good. Just no fog when you get to ET's planet. The fog makes that scene but it's always hit or miss, especially with how much actually is used.

I really, really miss that fog. Made the scene. Now it just looks like an (elaborate, but clearly false) set.

Glad the animatronics are looking better.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Is there a reason the fog is off, due to them refurbing or another reason ? It's been a while since my last visit to USF so out of the loop on certain stuff.

not sure if it was just because I hadn't been in some time, but when we went to the park last month, I was really impressed with how the (few) rides we rode looked far better than I recall.

For ET, it was more than the animatronics, it was pacing, it was sound tracks matching the scene. I mean the bike slowed down, the cops spoke at the perfect time, the speed changes as they yell 'they've got ET'.

Heck, Dudley looked great to me -- I just do not recall the room w/ all the 'boom' signs just looked better than I recall. Just seemed like they have been sprucing attractions up.

not sure if it was just because I hadn't been in some time, but when we went to the park last month, I was really impressed with how the (few) rides we rode looked far better than I recall.

For ET, it was more than the animatronics, it was pacing, it was sound tracks matching the scene. I mean the bike slowed down, the cops spoke at the perfect time, the speed changes as they yell 'they've got ET'.

Heck, Dudley looked great to me -- I just do not recall the room w/ all the 'boom' signs just looked better than I recall. Just seemed like they have been sprucing attractions up.

They have been, and I commend Universal for it. The resort felt really run down a year ago.

Did the mine cart work?

Yeah, the parks have been getting a nice amount of gradual TLC, always nice to see for a whole multitude of reasons. It's like they know something big is coming up and they wanna' make sure things are looking good, better that than going into a lull.

So the consensus is that this is going to be getting a permanent new entrance, right?

Because the DreamWorks construction looks to be creating a MAJOR choke point right at the front of the original entrance (it's basically covering it up).

So the consensus is that this is going to be getting a permanent new entrance, right?

Because the DreamWorks construction looks to be creating a MAJOR choke point right at the front of the original entrance (it's basically covering it up).
It's getting an arch to the right of DreamWorks Land, right after SpongeBob Store. The arch will look like an entrance, but after passing under you have path to entry on left and ride exit on right... essentially as it is now between construction walls, but with a clear arch to tell you ET is this way.

When DreamWorks Land has its entrance up it'll look like a fork in the road after SpongeBob with DW sign on left and ET arch on right.

It's getting an arch to the right of DreamWorks Land, right after SpongeBob Store. The arch will look like an entrance, but after passing under you have path to entry on left and ride exit on right... essentially as it is now between construction walls, but with a clear arch to tell you ET is this way.

When DreamWorks Land has its entrance up it'll look like a fork in the road after SpongeBob with DW sign on left and ET arch on right.
Are they moving the existing arch or building a brand new one?

So essentially this...
AF1QipMR_UZyRNkxiTMg_cv_l8pI8LOO6Rjo4w3AYPVR=s680-w680-h510

... but moved to the right (as we face the building)?