Echo (Disney+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Echo (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Echo is the first MCU project under the new “Marvel Spotlight” brand, requiring no prior MCU knowledge without feeling lost.

With DareDevil and Kingpin.......sureeeeeeeee (along with the connection to Hawkeye)

Also while under the spotlight, Moonknight and Were Wolf at Night already were two MCU shows you could go into blind without seeing anything.

Like the trailer looks good but....we will see if this project is really gen one of what they were talking about or just labeled that to hopefully get more viewers

Reactions: Ahmanet
With DareDevil and Kingpin.......sureeeeeeeee (along with the connection to Hawkeye)

Also while under the spotlight, Moonknight and Were Wolf at Night already were two MCU shows you could go into blind without seeing anything.

Like the trailer looks good but....we will see if this project is really gen one of what they were talking about or just labeled that to hopefully get more viewers
They’re saying this is the first show under this “brand” that needs no prior knowledge, not that there haven’t been things like that in the MCU in the past.

They’re saying this is the first show under this “brand” that needs no prior knowledge, not that there haven’t been things like that in the MCU in the past.
Sure but we will also see if thats just branding

DD and Kingpin are in it, plus her arc in Hawkeye. So will will see if this one is just branding

They're still doing this one? Always been a whiff for me.

Think of it this way - it’s connected to prior and future events, but can be enjoyed as a miniseries on its own.
Frankly, that should be everything in the MCU. Civil War was my first film and I liked it a ton.

Very surprised to see all the ads focus on one thing only ... its ultra violence.

Loved all the Netflix Marvel shows but jarring to see this show tied with Disney+

Maybe putting it on FX / Hulu only was a better play

Very surprised to see all the ads focus on one thing only ... its ultra violence.

Loved all the Netflix Marvel shows but jarring to see this show tied with Disney+

Maybe putting it on FX / Hulu only was a better play
I think they want to break the stigma that just because it’s a Disney+ show it won’t be hard TV-MA.

To me it seems they’re dangling those trailers out there sort as bait for people who loved Netflix Daredevil and Punisher. This is aimed squarely at an audience like that.

I do agree putting it on FX would’ve been a good play since it’s known for mature content and high quality, and every reaction has been positive so far.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'd think at this point it is them preparing to have Disney+ become one app, and in the process; having the adult content fully onboard makes sense in the longer term.

I'd imagine once March comes--we will see a lot of programming get dual Disney+/Hulu release now with the unified app experience.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT
This new trailer is great and honestly seems to pretty much officially canonize the Netflix Daredevil show. I know people have gripes with the Hawaiian shirt with Kingpin, but we have to remember the blip happened between Daredevil ending and the reintroduction. I am holding on to hope they are sort of using the blip to their advantage and what we are seeing is a story where Kingpin was pulled out of retirement.

So I watched the show. Straight off the top, if you go into this expecting even a single episode with a good amount of Daredevil you’ll be disappointed. What the showed in the trailer is pretty much in, one solid fight scene.

This isn’t revolutionary stuff here story wise. It’s essentially Maya’s origin story into becoming Echo. It’s a perfectly enjoyable show, although the unexpected fantastical elements did ruin the grounded nature of it for me.

The show did its job of taking a character I didn’t really care about and elevating her to a place where I believe her to be a legit combat badass. Is it a must watch? No. But it’s a quick watch (I think it took me a bit over 3.5 hours and that’s with a fair amount of rewinding to see missed closed captions) and moves Kingpin’s story forward while we wait for Daredevil. The end credits scene has hype still high for that show.

Overall, the series started on on a pretty good high peaking at Episode three and then I felt the last two episodes just weren’t at the same level or I’d be saying this was one of the better things the MCU has released for Disney+ shows. It’s still a pretty good time though.

I did have one timeline related issue:
There was a flash back that goes back to 2021 at Fisk’s NYC Apartment. The issue with this circle that im trying to square is… the blip took place between 2019-2024 in the MCU. I get that some people just lived through the blip, but everything we’ve seen so far was that it was pretty post-apocalyptic whereas in this scene Fisk looked exactly like he did in Netflix’s Daredevil and seemed to be living quite lavishly still.

Should I give this a watch? Echo and Kingpin were pretty boring in Hawkeye, and the latter’s appearances in Spider-Verse and Imsomniac haven’t endeared me to his character.

Should I give this a watch? Echo and Kingpin were pretty boring in Hawkeye, and the latter’s appearances in Spider-Verse and Imsomniac haven’t endeared me to his character.
Have you ever seen the Netflix Daredevil series? Kingpin was great in those. This show isn’t on that level, but they do start to rehabilitate his character to hopefully become more like that iteration going forward. There isn’t an over abundance of Kingpin though. This is Maya’s show.

The series is short, but what you see in episode 1 is essentially what you get. I’d watch that episode maybe and if you enjoy it then keep going.

Didn't watch it but saw today what characters in it got action figures ... won't spoil it.

Expanding the Netflix shows into the wider MCU may be their best play after all.

Didn't watch it but saw today what characters in it got action figures ... won't spoil it.

Expanding the Netflix shows into the wider MCU may be their best play after all.
You can throw in a spoiler response, but I’m interested who you’re talking about.

I do agree though that those Netflix series have a huge fan base and to me, it honestly feels a bit like when Luke showed up at the end of Mando S2 when they deploy someone like Charlie Cox’s Daredevil and Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin because they are so beloved.