Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I was there the attendant had some sort of wipe, and was wiping the scanner between each person. This was pre-covid, so I can only imagine they are even more rigorous now.

Last time I was there the attendant had some sort of wipe, and was wiping the scanner between each person. This was pre-covid, so I can only imagine they are even more rigorous now.
Pass. They were letting the crazy techphobes show ID instead, I have to imagine the same applies now.

Come to Universal. No reservations, no planning required. Vacation like it's meant to be ....(This was a paid political commercial :lol: ) Seriously, this is one of the reasons I love a Universal on site vacation more than a Disney one. The theme parks are basically equal to me. But the vacation experience, with no planning needed at Universal & the closeness of the resort, is a vastly superior one at Universal....plus cheaper to boot.

Come to Universal. No reservations, no planning required. Vacation like it's meant to be ....(This was a paid political commercial :lol: ) Seriously, this is one of the reasons I love a Universal on site vacation more than a Disney one. The theme parks are basically equal to me. But the vacation experience, with no planning needed at Universal & the closeness of the resort, is a vastly superior one at Universal....plus cheaper to boot.
I'm in the boat that thinks that a Universal reservation system would be disasterous in many ways

However, I love to be proven wrong with these things

Reactions: Mad Dog
Disney is laying off 28,000 employees in the parks division. I hope everyone affected can quickly find work.

And this week will be a bloodbath in the Travel/Leisure/Entertainment sector. In addition to those 28,000 poor souls laid off by Disney, the Airline industry is expected to add 35,000 in layoffs by the end of this week.
Just terrible horrible news for so many that will now be losing their health benefits, in addition to their jobs. At least while they were on furlough they had health benefits and hope. Now that's all gone too. The government, both
sides, really need to be civil, and get together and compromise, and pass a new stimulus bill with added unemployment benefits.

Last edited:
So no layoffs at non-theme park divisions such as Film, ABC, ESPN, Disney+, and corporate? Their broadcasting and film units got hit pretty hard as well. NBCU's layoffs were company-wide.

So no layoffs at non-theme park divisions such as Film, ABC, ESPN, Disney+, and corporate? Their broadcasting and film units got hit pretty hard as well. NBCU's layoffs were company-wide.
Disney+ has been their most solid business unit through this and ESPN has had almost too much content to show lately with all sports rolling at the same time (plus The Last Dance was a huge win for them). ABC i'm going to assume is going to see hits, but not too bad. ABC's (and all media outlets) biggest issue is they are going to run out of new content soon due to production shutting down when it did.

Reactions: SeventyOne

NBCU layoffs were already part of restructuring to having a new president and not solely COVID related. With filming resuming and streaming the future, you aren't going to see as many cuts in production/broadcasting.

Reactions: RevFreako
NBCU layoffs were already part of restructuring to having a new president and not solely COVID related. With filming resuming and streaming the future, you aren't going to see as many cuts in production/broadcasting.
No cuts, but i've heard that writers are having a much harder time selling scripts right now. Unless it's a blockbuster, it's not getting greenlit at the moment because there's such a theatrical backlog. Almost the entire 2020 release calendar has shifted to 2021, meaning the stuff in production for the most part isn't coming out until 2022 as far as films go (or late 2021). Any other type of movie is hard pressed to make it's way through right now as there's no room unless Netflix or Hulu wants to bite, but even Netflix is backed up as far as their production and release schedule goes.

I just saw the new I'm so sorry to the cast members that both the Disney :leadership and the Government has failed you.

Government sucks for not giving Disney a way to open...but also the Disney head of parks saying they have been doing everything they can is also a lie...make a tasting event. No, it wont save all the jobs but every job counts and Disney has not put the effort in to open like Knotts/Sea World/Legoland.

Both are to blame for being stubborn and not moving an inch to help their own people

Reactions: Andysol and Tristan
Status
Not open for further replies.