Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Emperor (SWSD)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
SeaWorld has officially revealed the 2020 plans for San Diego, with it being a 150 foot tall B&M Dive coaster.

img_1966.jpg

Behind The Thrills | SeaWorld San Diego announces new coaster and plans for 2020 and beyond

Along with Mako, Shark Encounter will recieve upgrades for the new expansion.

Last edited:
SWEET!

I would’ve preferred a mini hyper or a Megalite, but I will gladly take this. Hopefully their next coaster in 22 or so will be something along those lines.

Any word on its location? I think it’s awesone that the West Coast will have a dive machine.

EDIT: Just read it’s going behind Wild Arctic. I figured it would be around that spot as the CCC tends to favor coasters that are further back.

Great news! SW SD is really moving in the right direction.

I'm almost as excited that they are upgrading Shark Encounter & Penguin Encounter.

Though I'm guessing that the plans to create a fully-realized Sesame Street are scrapped.

Have y’all noticed they’re adding a thrill ride every year since last year?

18: Electric Eel
19: Tidal Twister/Atlantis retrack
20: Mako
21:????

Could there be another coaster in ‘21?

Have y’all noticed they’re adding a thrill ride every year since last year?

18: Electric Eel
19: Tidal Twister/Atlantis retrack
20: Mako
21:????

Could there be another coaster in ‘21?

The thing I'm most excited about Mako is that it's a true expansion on an undeveloped piece of land.

Electric Eel was a good addition. I'm still not sure how I feel about TT.

I'm super stoked about Mako.

2021 I can see them taking a break from thrill rides and adding or refurbing an exhibit.

Great news! SW SD is really moving in the right direction.

I'm almost as excited that they are upgrading Shark Encounter & Penguin Encounter.

Though I'm guessing that the plans to create a fully-realized Sesame Street are scrapped.

My guess, is that they may be planning of Sesame for 2021, considering it is seeming to be a small year for Orlando.

It could make sense for San Diego to then follow suit.

18: Electric Eel (Major)
19: Tidal Twister/Journey to Atlantis Upgrade's/Retracking (Semi-Major?)
20: Mako (Major)
21: Sesame Street (Minor)

What excites me most about Mako, is that it'll be the first Mini-Dive coaster in the United States for B&M, and considering the praise that Baron has had

My guess, is that they may be planning of Sesame for 2021, considering it is seeming to be a small year for Orlando.

It could make sense for San Diego to then follow suit.

18: Electric Eel (Major)
19: Tidal Twister/Journey to Atlantis Upgrade's/Retracking (Semi-Major?)
20: Mako (Major)
21: Sesame Street (Minor)

What excites me most about Mako, is that it'll be the first Mini-Dive coaster in the United States for B&M, and considering the praise that Baron has had

If this comes to pass, whoa what a solid line-up for SD SW. Whoever is in charge is making some good decisions.

After the epic failure of Ocean Explorer, I thought the park was a lost cause.

I was wondering on the seating configuration on this as well. I'm guessing 8-across seating would be the right size for the park.

I would be thinking, considering how B&M has done Dive coasters of similar height; that it would have to be the 6-across, as opposed to the eight.

Would love to be proven wrong though.

Glad this one wont be as formulaic as some of the larger Dive Coasters (minus Yukon). Hoping for a decent layout with this one. Inversion placement is everything. Studying the concept art it looks like it goes Drop > Immelmann > Hammerhead Turn > Valravn Barrel Roll Helix Thing > Flatspin (corkscrew) > Turn > Brake