Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot Forever

Meh it's a fireworks show. It's fine enough for now. The new show better be good. They shure hyped up those kites lol.

A Whole New World is simply there to help normal guests that have been very confused for the last 8 minutes

Also, this show has weird transitions, moments where pyro should be but isn't, and sorry but the kites are really not that great

All that PLUS it replaced IllumiNations - it's just a head scratcher

Just saw the show finally. Had a great spot right by torch #1. I very much enjoyed the show and for an interim show, it more than fills the void. The kites were cool.

However, the “A Whole New World” segment, while shorter than I expected, was definitely out of place among this music selection.

Just saw the show finally. Had a great spot right by torch #1. I very much enjoyed the show and for an interim show, it more than fills the void. The kites were cool.

However, the “A Whole New World” segment, while shorter than I expected, was definitely out of place among this music selection.
It was perfect! BOB CHAPEK SMACK. We will revoke your access if you diss our tracks

Last edited:
Just saw it for the first time last night. It’s ok. Very disjointed. Didn’t tell a story like most Disney nighttime shows. I did enjoy hearing all the old songs of my childhood though. Hearing A Whole New World at the end didn’t bother me, it was like “hey, we are changing Epcot...a whole new world is coming”

but my question is why was this needed at all? Why not just go straight from Illuminations to the new show? Why this in-between show?

Just saw it for the first time last night. It’s ok. Very disjointed. Didn’t tell a story like most Disney nighttime shows. I did enjoy hearing all the old songs of my childhood though. Hearing A Whole New World at the end didn’t bother me, it was like “hey, we are changing Epcot...a whole new world is coming”

but my question is why was this needed at all? Why not just go straight from Illuminations to the new show? Why this in-between show?
Because they didn't want to go a year-plus with no nighttime show.

I also suspect they wanted a buffer between IllumiNations and HarmonioUS because jumping right from the former to the latter would not reflect favorably on HarmonioUS. I think they're hoping IllumiNations fades a bit from fans' memories, so that the reaction to HarmonioUS is "Well, that wasn't so bad," rather than the "IllumiNations was WAY better!" reaction many might have had if the switch happened quickly.

I still bet we'll hear a lot of that last reaction, anyway. It's almost certainly going to be mine!

I also suspect they wanted a buffer between IllumiNations and HarmonioUS because jumping right from the former to the latter would not reflect favorably on HarmonioUS. I think they're hoping IllumiNations fades a bit from fans' memories, so that the reaction to HarmonioUS is "Well, that wasn't so bad," rather than the "IllumiNations was WAY better!" reaction many might have had if the switch happened quickly.

I still bet we'll hear a lot of that last reaction, anyway. It's almost certainly going to be mine!

There are certainly a lot of people who are ready to provide that reaction regardless of what the new show winds up being like.

Sure (I'm one of those people!), but I could see "Let's give them a year to get over it" being a mindset that had some traction, in addition to the practical considerations of how much time would be needed to get the replacement show ready.

Epcot Forever happened because HarmoniUS wasn't going to be ready when Illuminations was announced to end. The IllumiNations infrastructure was crumbling and pushing it another 6-8 months or so would've been very risky. They couldn't go so long without a fireworks show at Epcot though, so they came up with a quick show for the interim.

So what’d Epcot do for NYE fireworks?

• New show altogether
  • Pre-RoE NYE fireworks
  • New tag with Epcot Forever
  • Old tag from RoE but now with Epcot Forever
I’m curious.

iThemePark has a high-quality video that cuts the BS (all of Epcot Forever) and goes straight to the tag:

Awesome!! Ah, was there and its Perfect.... Now i am waiting for the 50th anniversary historic transformation of Epcot with the new show coming out in 2021 . I’m super excited