Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

It's starting, and I am extremely displeased.

Even setting aside that they're slowly getting rid of music that I love, simply re-using the new entrance loop is the height of laziness, as well.

Even setting aside that they're slowly getting rid of music that I love, simply re-using the new entrance loop is the height of laziness, as well.
Definitely sad news, I did love the Innoventions soundtrack

Although, the entrance loop is rather good...even though it's not composed specifically for Epcot

I find the new entrance loop inoffensive, but bland. I wish they were using the catalog of songs that were written for the park.

I will greatly miss the warm, comforting, nostalgic feeling that hearing the classic loops in the park gave me. Even when so much of the park had changed, hearing those cues would always bring me back to my childhood experiences with the park. Alas, no more.

I find the new entrance loop inoffensive, but bland. I wish they were using the catalog of songs that were written for the park.

I will greatly miss the warm, comforting, nostalgic feeling that hearing the classic loops in the park gave me. Even when so much of the park had changed, hearing those cues would always bring me back to my childhood experiences with the park. Alas, no more.
Yes, I get it

If they ever changed the IOA Port of Entry loop I might punch someone in the face

I don't hate what they have, but it definitely doesn't have the same impact

Yes, I get it

If they ever changed the IOA Port of Entry loop I might punch someone in the face

I don't hate what they have, but it definitely doesn't have the same impact
If they put this same loop in place of the Innoventions loop when that area reopens, that's when it'll be criminal. That loop was incredible.

If they put this same loop in place of the Innoventions loop when that area reopens, that's when it'll be criminal. That loop was incredible.
Last I heard (from D23) new music has been written..I assumed that would extend to Innoventions...or World Future...or whatever they're calling it

Last I heard (from D23) new music has been written..I assumed that would extend to Innoventions...or World Future...or whatever they're calling it

They certainly announced the new musical "theme" for the park, which has already been integrated into The Epcot Experience and will apparently be featured in Harmonious, but I don't recall them making any announcement about new area loops featuring bespoke music.

As much as I love the current loop I'm fine with them creating something new, it's been there for 25 years +. What makes me curious is why the entrance loop/World Celebration loop is the same as the loop for World Nature? That's what feels the most inconsistent with me.

As much as I love the current loop I'm fine with them creating something new, it's been there for 25 years +. What makes me curious is why the entrance loop/World Celebration loop is the same as the loop for World Nature? That's what feels the most inconsistent with me.
Maybe they're just doing it as filler until the park is "done" in 2077

Personally I see the neighborhood concept dissolving pretty quickly

They're literally one miscolored trash can away from the whole concept being ruined

I'm still not sure what exactly the plan for the reinvention of this park is if they've completely thrown out the original design for the spine and the table restaurant.

Disney hates us.

I'm still not sure what exactly the plan for the reinvention of this park is if they've completely thrown out the original design for the spine and the table restaurant.
It's so far removed from what it was originally that I don't even think you can call it a reinvention anymore. It's a coaster, a family ride, a night show, and some Zach Riddley Instagram posts.

I thought Studios went off the rails when a few things didn't happen, but here we are.

Out of curiosity, was the timeline for WDW additions pre-Covid...

2019: Galaxy's Edge
Spring 2020: Mickey
Summer 2020: Ratatouille
Spring 2021: Tron
Summer 2021: Guardians

Or was Guardians still slated for 2022 barring Covid.

Out of curiosity, was the timeline for WDW additions pre-Covid...

2019: Galaxy's Edge
Spring 2020: Mickey
Summer 2020: Ratatouille
Spring 2021: Tron
Summer 2021: Guardians

Or was Guardians still slated for 2022 barring Covid.
It was announced as a 2021 attraction along with TRON when it was announced back in 2017.