Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This. The addition of Epic doesn't mean the other isn't happening. It's just not happening now.

And what's going into Epic, as it's presented now, wouldn't go into any of the current parks (outside of SNW). The size and scope wouldn't be the same simply because of the lack of size.
I completely get the argument against a new park and actually agree to an extent, but this is vital in understanding the opportunities it actually presents. Apart from SNW in KidZone, the only attractions that would have been considered for the current parks are Monsters Unchained, Ministry of Magic, and the Dragon show. Without Epic, you WOULDN’T be getting Darkmoor, the Werewolf coaster or the Creature boat, Circus Arcana, every ride in Berk AND every ride in Celestial Gardens. The new park gives us way more than would be possible otherwise.

It’s the same argument when looking at Jurassic Park as an anchor for Islands. If they HADN’T done that, we likely never get Velocicoaster.

I'm glad we're getting Epic Universe, but I think it's perfectly valid to prefer IOA and USF (especially USF...) were made as good and fleshed-out as they could possibly be before entertaining the idea of another gate. I'm sympathetic to that idea, as the board's resident "Nintendo should have still gone into KidZone" advocate.

There are some people out there who argue that Disney-MGM Studios and (especially) Animal Kingdom should not have been built when they were (if at all); I think that's a crazy position, and I would not want to lose either of those parks, but I understand the theoretical logic that their expense prevented some of the existing parks from reaching more full maturation.

If Nintendo went to KZ, there'd be no potential for a major dark ride with practical effects there. :lol:

I completely get the argument against a new park and actually agree to an extent, but this is vital in understanding the opportunities it actually presents. Apart from SNW in KidZone, the only attractions that would have been considered for the current parks are Monsters Unchained, Ministry of Magic, and the Dragon show.
Counterpoint: those are the attractions I'm most interested in anyway!

(Again, I'm glad Epic is happening.)

If Nintendo went to KZ, there'd be no potential for a major dark ride with practical effects there. :lol:
Joke taken, but the park would have also received an outdoor omnimover-type and an elaborately-themed family coaster. Plus Mario Kart. All at once.