Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The under 10 crowd clothing doesn't really have spongebob. Honestly I don't know any parents who let their under 10 year old watch Spongebob. I know I don't.
While SpongeBob definitely has a multi-generational appeal due to nostalgia, it is absolutely a show marketed towards younger children, especially now. It may have had a reputation for some more adult themes at one time, but it's largely been sanitized to be more family friendly since 2005. Outside of the initial 3 seasons, I'd argue there's nothing the franchise has put out that would be marketed to anyone over the age of 10 outside of merchandise. This may be anecdotal, but SpongeBob remains one of the more common licenses I see on materials marketed for kids, along with Disney and DreamWorks.

Mix in they have to pay for one property and not the other, it makes sense the direction they went.
Not arguing with that, but the fact that it will seemingly be included in Universal's Frisco park shows that the IP still has value to them.