Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The under 10 crowd clothing doesn't really have spongebob. Honestly I don't know any parents who let their under 10 year old watch Spongebob. I know I don't.
While SpongeBob definitely has a multi-generational appeal due to nostalgia, it is absolutely a show marketed towards younger children, especially now. It may have had a reputation for some more adult themes at one time, but it's largely been sanitized to be more family friendly since 2005. Outside of the initial 3 seasons, I'd argue there's nothing the franchise has put out that would be marketed to anyone over the age of 10 outside of merchandise. This may be anecdotal, but SpongeBob remains one of the more common licenses I see on materials marketed for kids, along with Disney and DreamWorks.

Mix in they have to pay for one property and not the other, it makes sense the direction they went.
Not arguing with that, but the fact that it will seemingly be included in Universal's Frisco park shows that the IP still has value to them.

Not really. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Epic, but I wish that Nintendo/Potter went into USF and that Isle of Berk went into IOA. Monsters is really the only land that wouldn't have happened at either of the other parks. Epic Universe is exciting but (hot take incoming) kinda unnecessary.
So, you'd rather just keep replacing attractions vs building a new park with said replacements?

If the attractions they are replacing are bad or already defunct, yes.
Alternatively, you get the new attractions in the new park and you get replacements for the bad and defunct ones, you just have to wait a little longer. Lost Continent's going either way.

EDIT: I assume they've decided FFL is better kept as a flex space for the time being.

Last edited:
Darkmoor
Creature from the Black Lagoon indoor boat ride

Super Nintendo/Celestial Flex
Super Mario Galaxy attraction

Super Nintendo World
Luigi's Mansion D-ticket
Kirby and Animal Crossing mini-land (Kirby flat ride and play area, Animal Crossing dark ride, shops, M&Gs, KK Slider streetmosphere show)

Potter
Fantastic Beasts-focused ride

Berk
FoP style ride or another unique 'flying' flat ride

Large expansion pad
Catch all whimsical fantasy land (Wicked, Wonka, etc.), LOTR, or a full Shrek land could all be fun - a catch all futuristic sci-fi area as well

Reactions: saint.piss