Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Giant plain walls around SNW wouldve stood out as weird in USF more than Epic.

Also, KidZone was actually the backup plan for SNW when it was being designed in its final form. They knew they were tied up in court over being allowed to build the park and likely have a timetable for the Nintendo contract, so USF was going to be a last resort plan—cause they did really want Nintendo to anchor the new park.

I do wonder if we'll see the facial recognition used actively in future rides? Imagine something ET saying your name but you never used the boarding pass, it just recognized you on sight. Which also sounds really creepy now that I write it out.

If we don't eventually get a huge tower with Sauron's eye that will shine a beam of light and follow you around, we riot!

A look into an alternate, better timeline for USF.
It's one of the biggest "What if...?" moments that I can think of in the park's history.
Easily a worse timeline for the resort as a whole.
Only if you believe Epic wouldn't have been built without it.
Because SNW was meant to be the anchor for EU to draw people in. You take that away, what other family friendly IPs could you have to anchor EU to draw people in? Not much.
I think you could have gone a couple of different ways. You could swap in one of the two rumored Nintendo lands slated for the existing parks: Pokemon and Zelda.

Or, going in a different direction, you make the full court press for the LORD OF THE RINGS theme park rights and bet on that as your primary draw for Epic Universe. Perhaps then tweaking the attraction composition of the HTTYD land to skew just slightly younger to offset what would be a more adult-skewing LOTR land.

Or, since Nintendo would be on the KidZone plot in this scenario, you do basically the E-ticket version of DreamWorks land in the new park.
Giant plain walls around SNW wouldve stood out as weird in USF more than Epic.
Considering all the good I think it would have instantly done for the park's attraction roster, this would have been easy to overlook.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not really. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Epic, but I wish that Nintendo/Potter went into USF and that Isle of Berk went into IOA. Monsters is really the only land that wouldn't have happened at either of the other parks. Epic Universe is exciting but (hot take incoming) kinda unnecessary.
Unpopular opinion yes, but I've thought the same. I liked that small campus feel with everything within walking distance. I would have preferred the building up of the present two parks...But, I'm sure, we're in the minority by far.....Epic will certainly be an excellent park. But I'll still stay at the present resort and spend the vast majority of my time there. For me, Universal is more than just the theme parks. It's the totality of the close knit resort with so much to do besides just the parks.

Not really. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Epic, but I wish that Nintendo/Potter went into USF and that Isle of Berk went into IOA. Monsters is really the only land that wouldn't have happened at either of the other parks. Epic Universe is exciting but (hot take incoming) kinda unnecessary.
Monsters, for a bit, was considered to replace MiB (from my understanding).