ESPN WWoS "Bubble" Usage | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

ESPN WWoS "Bubble" Usage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s certainly a risk, but I can’t think of an better way they could handle coming back than doing it at WWoS. Disney was simply giving examples to show that they will do whatever necessary to make the players comfortable.
I think we forget that for some people, and especially for some Dads, being stuck at Walt Disney World is not a dream but a nightmare.

I think we forget that for some people, and especially for some Dads, being stuck at Walt Disney World is not a dream but a nightmare.
True. I'd often run into dad's at the resort bars that said they spent much of their their vacations at the bar because they had no interest in the theme parks, where their wife and kids were all day.

Here is a little more news on that NBA situation. Apparently the players will be wearing these "smart rings", created by Oura which is capable of predicting symptoms of COVID-19 three days in advance with 90% accuracy. Overall an interesting article that covers MagicBands and some player concerns.

Also today, California announced a statewide face covering order for high risk settings. I'm guessing this won't affect the theme parks too much more than before, but I thought it was useful info.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teebin
You know things are bad when a company you own is publishing articles about players concerned about coming to WDW amid Florida's COVID peak.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If this was just on it's own, it'd be fine, but combined with the ever rising amount of cases in Florida and i'm gonna say that the NBA and MLS will both pull out of WDW.

NBA in Orlando was a growing concern when COVID was "only" around 3-4K cases per day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbad556
If this was just on it's own, it'd be fine, but combined with the ever rising amount of cases in Florida and i'm gonna say that the NBA and MLS will both pull out of WDW.

NBA in Orlando was a growing concern when COVID was "only" around 3-4K cases per day.

How is it that these players are getting infected? Aren't they restricted on travel and activities as a result of their job?

I doubt MLS is pulling out. Their teams are already in the bubble and started training today.

Reactions: snayberry and Nick
NBA will go on... but they are proceeding with extreme caution.

“We need to make our money, and we’ll do anything we can to accomplish that.”

Frankly, is how I read that. So irresponsible. I wanna watch an NBA game as much as anyone but I don’t think I can watch this in good faith honestly

More bad news for the NBA.

And certain coaches have threatened an EEOC lawsuit as they have doctors that are judging if certain coaches should be allowed to go based on their health and age.

Reactions: Andysol
Read NBA is paying Disney $150 million, or $1.5 million a day, to host the games/players.

I guess that’s one way for Disney to bring in money.

Read NBA is paying Disney $150 million, or $1.5 million a day, to host the games/players.

I guess that’s one way for Disney to bring in money.
Yup. Although even if they start the season, I’m highly skeptical on if they’ll be able to finish it. If a big player like LeBron gets COVID, it won’t take long to cancel the season.

Wow, they need to do something to fix those places up! I believe Marriott now owns and operates the hotels and that is BAD!

Figured I’d spin this into it’s own thread - things were sort of being posted all over the place and there's more than enough here for it to deserve it's own thread. I know not everyone is an NBA or MLS fan, but this isn’t necessarily a thread strictly about the sports. This is a very unprecedented time and one in which it just happens in which our world of theme parks and sports are colliding, so any further talk on will be here. This thread is more or less to document the happenings, as it may be of interest to some of you who may not even be fans. As a fan of both WDW and the NBA, i'm extremely interested to watch this play out :lol:
----------------------------------
Here's a look inside one of the convention halls at Coronado Springs now turned into Practice courts:
img_3066.jpg

img_3067.jpg

img_3068.jpg

I guess it's ok for practice courts, but the ceiling seems too low. I guess no one will be practicing full court or high arcing shots in there.